How to connect a PC or laptop to your new TV Official Thread

jeromeyeo

Reaction score
Desktop to Tv via hdmi

Hi, i recently purchased a HDMI cable as i would like to watch streams from my desktop on my samsung tv. but when i connect the HDMI cable from my desktop to my tv, my desktop would be able to detect the samsung tv and i adjust it to duplicate screen, but on my samsung tv, it cant seem to detect the HDMI cable.

Iv'e tried the HDMI cable with my asus laptop and there is no problem i can project the screen onto my tv, but i cant seem to do the same with my desktop.

Can anyone help me on this?

Specs:
Hp Pavilion Elite HPE-478d ( ATI Radeon graphics card)
Samsung tv (model - UA40ES5500MXXS )

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't change the setup box, thought it over...looks like the most sensible and economical solution is to get a switch.

You can easily buy a VGA to HDMI convertor in SLS. $19 I think. Male HDMI connector one end, and VGA male at the other end. Try Level 6. Then you don't need to switch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.