- Jun 21, 2015
- Reaction score
Happy New Year bro & everyone here!
It's been a month of use. So far so good Got used to the bigger screen & heavier weight.
Will do some user experience-reviews on the camera & some shortcomings (comparing to my HTC U12+). Will not touch on specifications since these are public available info.
- Basic earphones given (lucky U12+ earphones can be used on U20)
- Lack HTC skin, almost Google stock except cam app (I think)
- Lack customisation on the G-launcher, limited launcher features compared to HTC Sense. Can't change fonts. I'm using Smart 5 launcher, which has been great. Needs some time to get used to.
- HTC Cam app lacked Pro features, can't do ISO, White balance, Shuttle speed etc. The cam app is similar to Gcam in features.
- HTC Cam app got no 1:1 ratio, only 8x zoom (forget about zooming very far objects with clarity). HTC U12+ wins with 10x zoom.
-HTC Cam app is short on warmth. Pictures turned out a tad paler than the real thing, compared to Gcam on Pixel 4a when I compared it at Challenger. Will show some examples later.
- Power button, although in metal gold, is too easy to press. I often accidentally shut down the phone.
- Only 1 speaker, sound quality loses out to U12+
I think I should add what I felt are upgrades from U12+ after doing the shortcomings lol. Here goes:-
- Much brighter screen
- Side buttons (without the haptic touch) are much easier to operate
- Thank God for the 5000mAh battery
- No more fingerprints on the back
- Bigger storage, RAM, screen
- Anything newer is nicer lah
Oh, forgot. U20 not IP67.