Huawei AX3 Pro - Anyone bought and tried?

rapcon

Reaction score
Managed to get it working but the wifi was bad when move out of the door.

Last edited:

finalforce

Reaction score
Anyone on M1 fiber using this and manage to get ipv6 to work? I tried both slaac and dhcpv6 but not able to get ip address.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Refer to this picture : https://www.thephonetalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Huawei-Router-AX3-Pro-Web-login-page.jpg

Compared with other Huawei routers, Huawei AX3 Pro adds a “Wi-Fi 6” custom start function on the web page. It’s on by default. When we encounter some old devices that cannot scan the Wi-Fi 6 signal, we can simply turn it off.

Source : Huawei Router AX3 Pro Review | Compared | Speed (Updated)
Anyone on M1 fiber using this and manage to get ipv6 to work? I tried both slaac and dhcpv6 but not able to get ip address.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can the Huawei AX3 Pro (or the global AX3 Quad) support mesh using wireless backhaul?

finalforce

Reaction score
Refer to this picture : https://www.thephonetalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Huawei-Router-AX3-Pro-Web-login-page.jpg

Compared with other Huawei routers, Huawei AX3 Pro adds a “Wi-Fi 6” custom start function on the web page. It’s on by default. When we encounter some old devices that cannot scan the Wi-Fi 6 signal, we can simply turn it off.

Source : Huawei Router AX3 Pro Review | Compared | Speed (Updated)
Hi, thanks but I'm asking about IPv6 not about WiFi. My router can't get an IPv6 address from M1

Davidlim233

Reaction score
Huawei AX3 Pro Singtel

Hi All,

I am new to this. I just bought Huawei AX3 and am a Singtel internet subscriber. Can anyone guide me on how to set it up ?

Thanks
D

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this. I just bought Huawei AX3 and am a Singtel internet subscriber. Can anyone guide me on how to set it up ?

Thanks
D

If SingTel ONR (Huawei or Nokia, 4 ports working), just set up as AP. Search this thread for AP.

If SingTel ONT (like ZTE or Ericsson or ALU, only one port working) and you are having the China version of AX3 or AX3 Pro, you are buying the wrong router. They do not support SingTel VLAN. Only the international version (called AX3 Quad Core version) supports SingTel VLAN. You can still use it as an AP after the SingTel issued router.

BusteR

Reaction score
i am currently

ont -> Dlink DIR850L (living rm) -> Asus n66u as AP (study room)

plan to get Huwei AX3 but should i use it to replace 850L or n66u?
i presume after ont out -> should be to AX3

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am currently

ont -> Dlink DIR850L (living rm) -> Asus n66u as AP (study room)

plan to get Huwei AX3 but should i use it to replace 850L or n66u?
i presume after ont out -> should be to AX3

It will be better to get AX3 Pro which has faster CPU and better coverage.

You can use it to replace your DIR-850L.

Livagoth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, while the router works normally for the day, I am experiencing disconnects where the router loses connection to the internet. Consequently, all my wireless devices are losing connection to the internet.

Furthermore, when this happens, I am unable to find the router in the Huawei application, I have tried to connect the AX3 Pro to my ISP modem router using all methods and the same thing happens. Only when I restart the AX3 the connection returns. I have tried to connect the AX3 in bridge mode, static ip and DHCP, with no results. I have contacted Banggood from where I bought the router, and I am waiting for their reply. It is a pity because the signal is really strong.

Does anyone have the same problems?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently using a pair of Askey mesh for my Singtel fibre broadband and they are currently placed as such in my HDB EM flat:
X2MjD9W.jpg

A1 being the main mesh node connected to the ONR, while A2 being the secondary node connected to the main node wirelessly (wireless backhaul).
The A1 provide sufficient coverage for the lower floor and the main bedroom on the upper floor (which is directly above A1). The A2 provides coverage mainly for Bedroom 2 and 3, however the experience was not very good with drop in connection quite often.

I have been researching on the Huawei AX3 Pro router and found out that it provides quite a wide coverage and the price is good too. Which is why I began to toy the idea of replacing my Askey setup with just one AX3 Pro router placed at A1 location, hoping it can provide good coverage to Bedroom 2 and 3 as well.
Not too sure if it's feasible, need some opinions from experts! :D

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@amazingone

No, I do not think this is feasible. Single AX3 Pro most likely can not do the job. Two AX3 Pro may help but placement is important. Your current placement is not optimum.

Your best bet is to lay cable to the upper floor and put the second Askey in the upper floor so that you can use Ethernet backhaul. This will help as well when you decide to change the Askey to something better.

Your A2 mesh node is too far away from the A1 main node, you may need to shift it closer to A1 to improve the coverage. For example, move it outside of the bedroom to let it have line of sight with A1 main node. If this does not work out, you may also try adding one more Askey unit in the upper floor (you need to get from SingTel).

By the way, if you are using SingTel ONT, Huawei AX3 Pro (China version) can not support SingTel VLAN so it cannot be connected directly to the ONT. But since you are using ONR, this is not a problem.

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@amazingone

No, I do not think this is feasible. Single AX3 Pro most likely can not do the job. Two AX3 Pro may help but placement is important. Your current placement is not optimum.

Your best bet is to lay cable to the upper floor and put the second Askey in the upper floor so that you can use Ethernet backhaul. This will help as well when you decide to change the Askey to something better.

Your A2 mesh node is too far away from the A1 main node, you may need to shift it closer to A1 to improve the coverage. For example, move it outside of the bedroom to let it have line of sight with A1 main node. If this does not work out, you may also try adding one more Askey unit in the upper floor (you need to get from SingTel).

By the way, if you are using SingTel ONT, Huawei AX3 Pro (China version) can not support SingTel VLAN so it cannot be connected directly to the ONT. But since you are using ONR, this is not a problem.
Thanks for your reply, xiaofan!

I understand that my current placement is not very optimum but it's the best I could do at the moment, to ensure some line of sight between the two Askey nodes. Unfortunately I could not lay cable to the upper floor due to some reason (partly due to aesthetics), so I guess Ethernet backhaul is out of the option for my case.

Currently the two Askey nodes have line of sight as the A2 node in the study room is placed near to the door which is open 24/7. If I were to place it further nearer to the window of the study room then the performance of the A2 node will be even weaker.
CQJKHA2.jpg

Other than placing A2 in the study room, my another option is at the dining area marked with a yellow asterisk. However, due to fengshui there are some ornaments being placed at there and electronics are avoided thus it's not possible too.

I guess my option is quite limited, I will see if replacing with AX3 Pro in the A1 and A2 location will work well. :s13:

Yes, I have combed through this thread and AX3 Pro will suit my usage as I will just have to configure the AX3 Pro to work as an AP when connected to the ONR. I initially considered the Xiaomi AX3600 but it doesn't support mesh in AP.

Quick question, if I were to get the AX3 Pro to work as the main router, can I get the local AX3 Quad and connect it the AX3 Pro to set up a mesh network?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, xiaofan!

I understand that my current placement is not very optimum but it's the best I could do at the moment, to ensure some line of sight between the two Askey nodes. Unfortunately I could not lay cable to the upper floor due to some reason (partly due to aesthetics), so I guess Ethernet backhaul is out of the option for my case.

Currently the two Askey nodes have line of sight as the A2 node in the study room is placed near to the door which is open 24/7. If I were to place it further nearer to the window of the study room then the performance of the A2 node will be even weaker.
CQJKHA2.jpg

Other than placing A2 in the study room, my another option is at the dining area marked with a yellow asterisk. However, due to fengshui there are some ornaments being placed at there and electronics are avoided thus it's not possible too.

I guess my option is quite limited, I will see if replacing with AX3 Pro in the A1 and A2 location will work well. :s13:

Yes, I have combed through this thread and AX3 Pro will suit my usage as I will just have to configure the AX3 Pro to work as an AP when connected to the ONR. I initially considered the Xiaomi AX3600 but it doesn't support mesh in AP.

Quick question, if I were to get the AX3 Pro to work as the main router, can I get the local AX3 Quad and connect it the AX3 Pro to set up a mesh network?

For mesh, it is better not to mix global version and China version. In your case, since you are not using ONR, ONR will be the main router. So there is no need to use SingTel VLAN at all and there is no point to buy the global version.

As for the AX3600, I believe mesh can work with AP mode. You can go through the AX3600 thread and I posted two links in the thread.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For mesh, it is better not to mix global version and China version. In your case, since you are not using ONR, ONR will be the main router. So there is no need to use SingTel VLAN at all and there is no point to buy the global version.

As for the AX3600, I believe mesh can work with AP mode. You can go through the AX3600 thread and I posted two links in the thread.
I see, looks like I will get the two AX3 Pro to see if it will work well in my home.

Singaporeans First

Reaction score
Cannot access the AX3 setup page after ONT replacement. Before ONT replacement i can access.

My PC is connected to my AX3 network.

M1 > ONT > LINKSYS Router > AX3 (As AP)

I check ipconfig/all the default gateway IP is my Linksys router?

What's the IP address to my Huawei router ?? Anyone can help?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot access the AX3 setup page after ONT replacement. Before ONT replacement i can access.

My PC is connected to my AX3 network.

M1 > ONT > LINKSYS Router > AX3 (As AP)

I check ipconfig/all the default gateway IP is my Linksys router?

What's the IP address to my Huawei router ?? Anyone can help?

Try 192.168.3.1.

If not working, you may need to set your PC IP address to static 192.168.3.2 and then try again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.