Huawei AX3 Pro - Anyone bought and tried?

hairymonster

Reaction score
I hope all the master here can help me.

I got myself a AX3 (dual core, non-pro) from TB. ISP is M1 using the Huawei ONT. I cannot cannot access to Internet by connecting the LAN port of the ONT direct to the AX3 LAN port. It can only work now by connecting from ONT to my TP Link router then to AX3. By using this method I am able to access to the AX3 web management page. Tried changing from DHCP to bridge (AP) mode without success. Are there any other settings to set on the AX3 or problem lies with the M1 ONT.

Anyone can advise how can I connect direct from ONT to my AX3 without going through my TP Link router?
Request to M1 that you want to change your main router. They will ask you for your new router mac address. Give them the ax3 mac address.

Last edited:

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I hope all the master here can help me.

I got myself a AX3 (dual core, non-pro) from TB. ISP is M1 using the Huawei ONT. I cannot cannot access to Internet by connecting the LAN port of the ONT direct to the AX3 LAN port. It can only work now by connecting from ONT to my TP Link router then to AX3. By using this method I am able to access to the AX3 web management page. Tried changing from DHCP to bridge (AP) mode without success. Are there any other settings to set on the AX3 or problem lies with the M1 ONT.

Anyone can advise how can I connect direct from ONT to my AX3 without going through my TP Link router?

call M1 support and request them you changing router need their help to reset your line.

Otherwise u can use their 1627 automation to do it for you. Someone posted the guide before

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Because there is a change of router you need to call M1 (via phone automation or speak to Support engineer) to reset your fiber profile.

Call 1627
Select 2 (BB svc)
Select 2 (Tech Assistant)
Select 5 (unable to connect to internet)
Select 1 (Network reset)
Enter your M1 account number (need your M1 bill)
Enter a mobile number (SMS u once it done)
0OmhTS1.jpg

Now try connect your Router and u new router should get a internet connection.

Found the steps to use automation

jorje22

Reaction score
Found the steps to use automation
Thank you all. I had called M1 technical support and they have reset the ONT for me. Problem solved.

BTW the above automation steps has changed so I spoke to their tech support instead.

Last edited:

HelIoo

Reaction score
Anyone manage to configure it as secondary ap as wired backhaul? Because i dont want to use it main router.

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone manage to configure it as secondary ap as wired backhaul? Because i dont want to use it main router.
It is very easy to set AX3 Pro as wired AP. Just search this thread for the answer.

There is a technical difficulty here. You need to connect to WiFi of the AX3 Pro in order to access its web UI in AP mode.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.