Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, got a very noob question to ask you all. i know this phone can put two sim cards. For example, if i have singtel and M1 sim cards in the phone will i receive calls from both numbers? Not so sure how it works, first time using dual sim phone.

And as for data usage, how to choose which telco ah? I want to use one phone number for phone calls, and the other for connecting to the internet. how to do it ah?

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, got a very noob question to ask you all. i know this phone can put two sim cards. For example, if i have singtel and M1 sim cards in the phone will i receive calls from both numbers? Not so sure how it works, first time using dual sim phone.

And as for data usage, how to choose which telco ah? I want to use one phone number for phone calls, and the other for connecting to the internet. how to do it ah?

You'll need to tell the telco to do that for you. The phone itself cannot do it

mafia86

Reaction score
You'll need to tell the telco to do that for you. The phone itself cannot do it
Wrong lah, that's for multi SIM lah

Nowadays all dual SIM phone are dual standby, meaning both will receive call. If you are on a call on SIM1 and a call comes in from SIM2, you will hear a ringing tone in your call one and can also see on the display.
You answer SIM2, your SIM1 call will automatically put on hold.
If you don't answer SIM2, it will ring until your voice mail kick in or that person give up. Same like no one answer the call but you can still continue talking on SIM1 one.

For data usage is more manual.
The phone will only use data on 1 SIM and you can toggle which one in setting.
1. Go to settings
2. Under Wireless & networks
3. Select Dual SIM settings
4. You will see the option "default mobile data" select SIM1 or SIM2 to choose which SIM card's to use from.

Everytime you want to toggle to another SIM, you need browse to here.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

Wrong lah, that's for multi SIM lah

Nowadays all dual SIM phone are dual standby, meaning both will receive call. If you are on a call on SIM1 and a call comes in from SIM2, you will hear a ringing tone in your call one and can also see on the display.
You answer SIM2, your SIM1 call will automatically put on hold.
If you don't answer SIM2, it will ring until your voice mail kick in or that person give up. Same like no one answer the call but you can still continue talking on SIM1 one.

For data usage is more manual.
The phone will only use data on 1 SIM and you can toggle which one in setting.
1. Go to settings
2. Under Wireless & networks
3. Select Dual SIM settings
4. You will see the option "default mobile data" select SIM1 or SIM2 to choose which SIM card's to use from.

Everytime you want to toggle to another SIM, you need browse to here.

That's provided you tell the telcos what you want initially.

If you tell Singtel that your SIM card wants to make phone calls ONLY (NO DATA) then your phone cannot make that SIM card to surf the net but can only make/receive calls

ZergRush

Reaction score
Please help. How come I can’t change lock screen wallpaper? No matter what I do, it still show the theme wallpaper

mafia86

Reaction score
That's provided you tell the telcos what you want initially.

If you tell Singtel that your SIM card wants to make phone calls ONLY (NO DATA) then your phone cannot make that SIM card to surf the net but can only make/receive calls
I think he is just asking if he can receive call on both SIM cards at the same time and whether he can choose which SIM card's data to use. Since he specified that it is his first time using dual SIM phone.

I don't think it is about limiting data service on the SIM card.

Last edited:

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Which seller you buy from?

This guy....
DDKDsAAl.jpg

Sent from Some remote Planet using GAGT

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if you change the wallpaper using the option in Settings? I know when I use Google wallpapers it doesn't change the lock screen wallpaper. Only home screen.

Please help. How come I can’t change lock screen wallpaper? No matter what I do, it still show the theme wallpaper

RelaZZ

Reaction score
Even if you change the wallpaper using the option in Settings? I know when I use Google wallpapers it doesn't change the lock screen wallpaper. Only home screen.

I had exactly the same problem. Every time the phone restarted, it reverted to the Huawei wallpaper.

I managed to get it to work using a workaround though, by saving the wallpaper image onto my phone. In the wallpaper settings, i then chose the image that was on my phone.

It worked and the wallpaper change on the lock screen is now permanent. :s13::s13:

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Finally took my initial idea and implemneted it.
Usingbsurface pen loop on mate 20X

Thank you for the idea share!

I would probably take it all the way to the right edge since there are no buttons there and I am relying on phone ring for grip.

So the pen will be beside it, instead of behind.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Hi

I tapped the 'System' => 'About phone' => 'Build number' 5 times and a message pops up saying I'm a developer

The question is how to access the developer options to select the music codecs such as SBC, AAC, aptx, aptx HD, LDAC and HWA?

Thanks

Last edited:

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi

I tapped the 'System' => 'About phone' => 'Build number' 5 times and a message pops up saying I'm a developer

The question is how to access the developer options to select the msuic codecs such as SBC, AAC, aptx, aptx HD, LDAC and HWA?

Thanks

NcZuTtQ.jpg

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to test whether their hdr is working? I can't see it in Netflix

mie28

Reaction score
Anyone managed to test whether their hdr is working? I can't see it in Netflix

Tried to help but my friend's account only on 2 screen device plan so it won't work according to Netflix need 4 screen devices account on top of those other criterias

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.