Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

spunkbrat

Master Member
Reaction score
Battery does seem to drain faster. Also quite often when I head to Settings>Bluetooth, it hangs or lags a long while.

Phantom37

Reaction score
Anyone having problem with Gpay?
Keep getting "Please exit any apps that is drawing over the screen"

Working fine yesterday...

Phantom37

Reaction score
Found it iwas due to the floating ball.
Suddenly affected the Gpay
Turn off the ball, Gpay function as usual again.

Gaddy23

Reaction score
Random but anyone found any running strap holder that can fix the mate 20 X?

matoonia

Reaction score
Eligible for recontract soon, so thinking of changing phone..

I've been a Huawei fan for last 7-8 years, Mate 8, Mate 9, Mate 10, and now Mate 20X. But too bad it does not come with GMS now so I'm looking at alternatives

1. Xiaomi 11

2. Samsung S21 ultra

3. One plus 9

4. Oppo X3

Which of these are closest to the Mate 20x and what will be your choice if price is not an issue?

stone1978

Reaction score

I've been a Huawei fan for last 7-8 years, Mate 8, Mate 9, Mate 10, and now Mate 20X. But too bad it does not come with GMS now so I'm looking at alternatives

1. Xiaomi 11

2. Samsung S21 ultra

3. One plus 9

4. Oppo X3

Which of these are closest to the Mate 20x and what will be your choice if price is not an issue?
i just got my xiaomi mi11 ultra and this phone performance is awesome and of cost the weight about the same as hw 20x which i still using too.

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score

1. Xiaomi 11

2. Samsung S21 ultra

3. One plus 9

4. Oppo X3

I went for the S21 Ultra and am disappointed by the battery life.

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you still can live with it, stick to Mate 20X lol, i would if i didn't sell it off, kinda regret.

+1 agree

after another half year, i still find my 20 x seemingly timeless, great battery life, large display, smooth in day to day use, and of course typical playstore access like all gms phones

save the money do other things with it instead of buying another phone lah lol

matoonia

Reaction score
+1 agree

after another half year, i still find my 20 x seemingly timeless, great battery life, large display, smooth in day to day use, and of course typical playstore access like all gms phones

save the money do other things with it instead of buying another phone lah lol

Haha yeah maybe consider keeping the mate 20x. Just that can recontract so why not? And eventually i will need to move off the Huawei train cos need to have the GMS.

I just missed out on a recontract offer for S21 Ultra 512 GB for $950, cos 11-13 Jun can get 512GB for the price of 256 GB. Wasted...

So now the options become either recontract to Oneplus 9 5g - snapdragon 888, 12 GB ram at $730, and sell off the 20x can get back ad $450. Or just keep the 20x and dun think too much lol..

1982-1994

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kirin 980 is still the best smartphone processor ,not going to sell mate 20 x
the most I spend $300+ for overhaul at the service center as I have dropped the phone a few times,with scratches along the frame
the warranty expires next month
not buying another set as the current firmware of the phone is still at 9.0

Gaddy23

Reaction score
I am also keeping my mate 20 X (more than 2 years now since Mar 2019). Didn't get to replace my battery during my warranty period but going to do it soon as i notice that it depletes faster now.

matoonia

Reaction score
I am also keeping my mate 20 X (more than 2 years now since Mar 2019). Didn't get to replace my battery during my warranty period but going to do it soon as i notice that it depletes faster now.
Yes i also find that the batt deplete faster now. It's now 50% at 3pm. Usually at this time it will be at least 60%. How much does it costs and do we need to make online appointment before going down?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.