Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. My mate 20 x battery drain very fast now. It was expected as I have been it using since nov 2018. Does anyone know if I bring my phone to huawei service centre for battery change. Will my phone back to default factory setting due to battery being removed or change? Or huawei will insist user have to master reset the phone. I really not want to master reset my phone...too tedious to get it back to my usual normal condition?

smeagoly

Reaction score
Hi. My mate 20 x battery drain very fast now. It was expected as I have been it using since nov 2018. Does anyone know if I bring my phone to huawei service centre for battery change. Will my phone back to default factory setting due to battery being removed or change? Or huawei will insist user have to master reset the phone. I really not want to master reset my phone...too tedious to get it back to my usual normal condition?

Huawei service centre will definitely reset your phone as they will change the battery. If you plan to do so then better back up your phone before you go. Don't think they offer any other option of not reseting your phone

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Sidler

Reaction score
need to reset.
they change m/b for mine as well even when i only complain of poor battery life.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does you phone still have warranty?

if don't have, you can bring it to mister mobile or chinatown mobile shop to change the battery for you.

its not necessary to reset your phone, if you change your battery with them.

another reason why the service center need you to reset the phone is that, if your screen and frame are in good condition, they will change the battery, together with the screen, frame and motherboard for you, as it's faster this way. the battery is glued very tightly to the back screen. if you don't reset your phone, they are unable to do the swopping method.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
If out of warranty any idea how much does it cost to change the battery?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sidler

Reaction score
i can never recommend 3rd party battery swaps. too much at risk.
Go back to manufacturer for original battery since Huawei's price is cheap.

chongpang

Reaction score
i can never recommend 3rd party battery swaps. too much at risk.
Go back to manufacturer for original battery since Huawei's price is cheap.
If already change 3rd party battery but battery still draining, can change Huawei battery if still under warranty?

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
If already change 3rd party battery but battery still draining, can change Huawei battery if still under warranty?

can go back to change the battery no problem... the only difference i believe is need to pay. likely they will say warranty void since it is open by non authorised service agent.

this is assuming that they have some anti tampering seals. go check out the T&C of the warranty.. think will be stated there.

Sidler

Reaction score
If I'm Huawei, i'll void the warranty and won't service the phone.
I would steer clear of your 3rd party battery because i don't know your source and how safe/dangerous it is.

That's me la. I don't know what Huawei's process is.

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery does seem to drain faster. Also quite often when I head to Settings>Bluetooth, it hangs or lags a long while.

Phantom37

Reaction score
Anyone having problem with Gpay?
Keep getting "Please exit any apps that is drawing over the screen"

Working fine yesterday...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.