Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

vee4044

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not very worthwhile

Unless u are already an existing user...

I think most of us got it very cheap from recontract... That was my last recontract... Really dirt cheap...

600 for a piece of mind better lah... No way there are production line producing 20x.... They should have move on. Long ago
Very risky....Shopee reputation getting bad. but is a gd hp, screen size you cant get now. I will buy if
really can reach me............

hts667

Reaction score
Very risky....Shopee reputation getting bad. but is a gd hp, screen size you cant get now. I will buy if
really can reach me............
Yes, Dealer did not ship, fortunately Shopee refunded me. Probably no reputable way to get this new

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
actually best is to bring it to the service center and request for an overhaul, like I paid $630+ for change of cover,motherboard,screen,battery

mine dipped into soap water with oil, the display became so dim ,couldn't see clearly at all

despite my wife told me to might as well buy a new hp of other brand, I went ahead for the repairing, but ended up using Nubia z40s pro which I paid $850

vee4044

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually best is to bring it to the service center and request for an overhaul, like I paid $630+ for change of cover,motherboard,screen,battery

mine dipped into soap water with oil, the display became so dim ,couldn't see clearly at all

despite my wife told me to might as well buy a new hp of other brand, I went ahead for the repairing, but ended up using Nubia z40s pro which I paid $850
Ya. Indeed is a very good HP,hopefully mine can last long, can recommend me any other hp can
replace this hp, just in case, touch wood.....TIA.

This hp have been very long in the market, I in doubt can get a new one. Resale I cant trust.
Almost bot this hp in china when I was there , bcoz cheaper $50 only, in sin without contract
I paid $1050/-, at least got warranty. but so far nothing happen.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ya. Indeed is a very good HP,hopefully mine can last long, can recommend me any other hp can
replace this hp, just in case, touch wood.....TIA.

This hp have been very long in the market, I in doubt can get a new one. Resale I cant trust.
Almost bot this hp in china when I was there , bcoz cheaper $50 only, in sin without contract
I paid $1050/-, at least got warranty. but so far nothing happen.
I was switching usage between 20 x and nubia, conclusion is battery is better on the latter ,constant 4G+ network and FHD display (since you can't tune it like on 20x)
just that the screen is much smaller at 6.7" ,volume is not as loud as 20x, screen shot also not like double tap, 20x beats Nubia with these 3 features

vee4044

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was switching usage between 20 x and nubia, conclusion is battery is better on the latter ,constant 4G+ network and FHD display (since you can't tune it like on 20x)
just that the screen is much smaller at 6.7" ,volume is not as loud as 20x, screen shot also not like double tap, 20x beats Nubia with these 3 features
Volume and Screen size very important to me....If you cant hear your ringtone carry a hp for what.
My bro always never pk up my call, complaint cant hear, really piss off. If screen not big enough I Folding Z hp, look nice good to put inside pocket.....going order Batt first...to standby. Thank for ur info...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me considering mate xs2 now.

only issue holding me back is no 5g.

not sure if it would be a wise decision to get a phone without 5g now.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, Dealer did not ship, fortunately Shopee refunded me. Probably no reputable way to get this new

just get a 2nd hand unit from taobao.

256 gb and harmony OS.

I don't think you can find a new unit anymore.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Finally.. Backup all data on my 20X and make it ready for its eventual demise. I didn't do any battery change at all since no more security update.

My fav phone. Still can't find an good alternative to this yet.
I'm getting redmagic 8 pro

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I changed my 256 to run international

bro, does your china set with EMUI has VOWiFi?

My China set with Harmony OS does not have VOWiFi.

previously on international set, VOWiFi helps a lot to alleviate the bad call reception. but now i have to resort to Whatsapp call.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, does your china set with EMUI has VOWiFi?

My China set with Harmony OS does not have VOWiFi.

previously on international set, VOWiFi helps a lot to alleviate the bad call reception. but now i have to resort to Whatsapp call.
I paid some guy to turn it into international set some time ago.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
N

No it doesn't have. Only volte is enabled. The option for vowifi not available unlike in your link

thanks bro, so can confirm China set doesn't have vowifi, regardless of the firmware.

Last edited:

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya is tiny than mate 20x but battery life and specs looks the same.. Or have any other phone to replace mate 20x?
No more big screen phones. 6.8 inch seems biggest for Android phones at the moment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.