Huawei P30 Pro battery change

qwertzy

Reaction score
Hi, I understand official Huawei service centre will change battery for you for $50, but they insist upon a factory reset, which means all apps are cleansed. Do you have any idea why only Huawei insist on such a procedure (when iphones do not)?

If I change 3rd party, I wouldn't be sure they are going to use official battery.

Thanks.

selim

Reaction score
Hi, I understand official Huawei service centre will change battery for you for $50, but they insist upon a factory reset, which means all apps are cleansed. Do you have any idea why only Huawei insist on such a procedure (when iphones do not)?

If I change 3rd party, I wouldn't be sure they are going to use official battery.

Thanks.
Instruction by goverment body to factory rest when I replaced Matt 10 battery

Milo-Dino

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Well one thing is provide customers with the necessary privacy. You wouldn't want confidential documents, chats, photos being leaked just from a phone servicing.

Rather than deal with that, they just make every reset till nothing left.

I did the change and restored everything with a couple of hours from backup. Not a big issue la.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.