Huawei P50 series (Now this is game changing)

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Here 1 mobile camera sensor

Long time Samsung fan here. From S7 to S20 I upgrade every year. Skipping S21 this year. Just nice looking for a phone P50 may be the one for me.

Considering Huawei P Series camera compartment already amazing, the new 1-inch sensor will kill competitors in mobile photography. Samsung and Apple likely wont be able to catch up so fast if ever. In addition, if smartphone haven't completely kill off compact camera, 1-inch sensor now will. Good bye to RX100 haha (just joking).

Now the only pain will be no GSM. Google pay, map API and notification etc.
But with that said, would that convince you to purchase it over other flagship smartphones?

stone1978

Reaction score
Here 1 mobile camera sensor

Long time Samsung fan here. From S7 to S20 I upgrade every year. Skipping S21 this year. Just nice looking for a phone P50 may be the one for me.

Considering Huawei P Series camera compartment already amazing, the new 1-inch sensor will kill competitors in mobile photography. Samsung and Apple likely wont be able to catch up so fast if ever. In addition, if smartphone haven't completely kill off compact camera, 1-inch sensor now will. Good bye to RX100 haha (just joking).

Now the only pain will be no GSM. Google pay, map API and notification etc.
But with that said, would that convince you to purchase it over other flagship smartphones?

Not for me as google more important than 1" sensor. will carry on using my mate 20x until it uplorry.

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
Be frank to yourself, who will buy a phone only for photo taking? Harmony os takes a long way to compete with Android which has already well developed. Not talking about bugs that needed to be fixed from time to time. This is a phone for those with deep pockets who will use it as a second phone and not for the daily use.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I don't know but just think about how android OS started in the beginning after symbian OS had started out for a decade though it died

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be frank to yourself, who will buy a phone only for photo taking? Harmony os takes a long way to compete with Android which has already well developed. Not talking about bugs that needed to be fixed from time to time. This is a phone for those with deep pockets who will use it as a second phone and not for the daily use.

Are you DavidWong? :D

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

than why u in this thread? :s13:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe he feels threatened by Huawei HarmonyOS. :D

looking forward to harmony OS but think only ah tiong verison will get it 1st
oversea p50 guess will be android still

lets wait end of this mth for the LIVE launch:s12:

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score

International version still Android lah.

Anyway to answer your qns, replaced iPhone 12 Max, Samsung 21 Ultra camera with those mid tier, will ppl still buy?

Camera is one of the more (if not most) important feature for high end phones.

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Camera is one of the more (if not most) important feature for high end phones.

yes....this is the HARD TRUTH esp for influencer/xmm/syt

other features is secondary or just a bonus

michael2000

Reaction score

Like what you said. Let be Frank with oneself!
What are we willing to pay for in the phone?
I can positively say most mobile phones are essentially used for communications. Other functions are secondary. Many will debate that there are other who use the mobile primarily for games.
Harmony OS is relatively new no comparison with Android but whatever features come with the apps don't depend on the OS alone.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
counting down to paris p series launch...............

btw iszit paris again this year? seem no venue mention

xiangpeng

Reaction score
Hoping the GMS could be installed on it
currently the GMS can't be installed on mate 40 pro international version

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.