Huawei P50 series (Now this is game changing)

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
@dappercivility ,

Does the phone stutter, kana frame drop, suck battery juice ?

Because Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 CPU is well known for these issues......

Please enlighten us :)
It's silky smooth, frame drop, I'm not sure as I don't game nowadays. Battery life not as good as it was with the Kirin SOC but still pretty decent. SOT 5hrs with 28% batt left. Not batt King but still pretty decent and strong imo even with the SD888 SOC.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
@dappercivility ,

Do you encounter any app cannot use ?

Maybe you can share, so whoever interested in buying a Huawei non-GMS will take note of such issue (as of now)
Frankly, if you don't mind abit of a hassle, most functions can be used:-

I'm not an expert but just sharing my personal experience.

1) Gmail can be replaced by Outlook app, works well. Even with Gmail accounts.

2) WhatsApp and telegram works well but WhatsApp you need to transfer the backup manually.

3) Maps, I'm using waze with no issues.

4) Local apps like Singpass, trace together, local banks Internet banking all works well.

5) Netflix and Disney+ no issues too.

6) YouTube is replaced by YouTube vanced.

7) Instagram no issues

Have to thanks technolust helped me with MicroG installation and setup. So far so good.

Really depends on one's usage and whether willing to put in extra efforts to get the phone up and running.

The phone is good, slim, sleek, fast charging, design wise is subjective, some finds it ugly but for me it looks gorgeous. Things to note are accessories, like tempered glass, cases, good quality ones not readily available for now, have to order online and wait. Other than these, I find the phone a joy to use and price wise is v reasonable.

Johnteoh

Reaction score
My only issue is maybe with taking public transport etc. Maybe to get the ezlink card or token etc for the time being.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Frankly, if you don't mind abit of a hassle, most functions can be used:-

I'm not an expert but just sharing my personal experience.

1) Gmail can be replaced by Outlook app, works well. Even with Gmail accounts.

2) WhatsApp and telegram works well but WhatsApp you need to transfer the backup manually.

3) Maps, I'm using waze with no issues.

4) Local apps like Singpass, trace together, local banks Internet banking all works well.

5) Netflix and Disney+ no issues too.

6) YouTube is replaced by YouTube vanced.

7) Instagram no issues

Have to thanks technolust helped me with MicroG installation and setup. So far so good.

Really depends on one's usage and whether willing to put in extra efforts to get the phone up and running.

The phone is good, slim, sleek, fast charging, design wise is subjective, some finds it ugly but for me it looks gorgeous. Things to note are accessories, like tempered glass, cases, good quality ones not readily available for now, have to order online and wait. Other than these, I find the phone a joy to use and price wise is v reasonable.
You tried Huawei Petal Map?

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@chenaz ,

It's because of public bad mouthing.

Outside you will hear people say "Huawei phone no Google cannot use".

That's the common public impression on Huawei
I am ahuawei user previously. My company vpn apps only available on App Store and google store. Otherwise I will buy Huawei phone with kirin phone . I don’t use google so is fine. I have friends surviving well without google

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.