Huawei P50 series (Now this is game changing)

T_JU_H

Reaction score
ya lor, this is my only advice to her now...

anyone wants to buy a 2 weeks old p50 pro? thinking to ask her to change... too troublesome...

For Youtube, apart from using the browser, you can also use Youtube Quick App. Alternatively, you can install GSpace from AppGallery, and then install and run Youtube within GSpace. The shortcut to the GSpace Youtube can be placed on your home screen.

By the way, if you use the Huawei browser, you can create a shortcut to the Youtube site and place it on your home screen for easy access.

I write the above from my experience with Harmony Os devices without GMS.

Last edited:

zhxiaobian

Reaction score
For Youtube, apart from using the browser, you can also use Youtube Quick App. Alternatively, you can install GSpace from AppGallery, and then install and run Youtube within GSpace. The shortcut to the GSpace Youtube can be placed on your home screen.

By the way, if you use the Huawei browser, you can create a shortcut to the Youtube site and place it on your home screen for easy access.

I write the above from my experience with Harmony Os devices without GMS.
Thanks!

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
newpipe /skytube like always down nowadays :(

now using brave browser for youtube for no adv

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Can't install youtube vanced app? Alternative of Youtube with no adv.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I managed to actually download a copy of the vanced app before it was deleted but the other alternative is a browser shortcut. In terms of usage , there is not much difference short of not being able to play when u exit the app. Not the best solution but usable workaround

kakoutan

Reaction score
Guys how do you access Google Calendar ?I tried searching this from Gspace but it’s not there

T_JU_H

Reaction score
Guys how do you access Google Calendar ?I tried searching this from Gspace but it’s not there
Google Calendar is in Apkpure... you can search for it using your browser and then download/install the apk file. I'm not sure whether the app will work with your phone, though.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One way is to maybe switch to Microsoft outlook and then import your Google calendar? Never tried using the Google calender app itself. I migrated everything to Microsoft to avoid being tied down by Google

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Google Calendar is inside Quick App if you search thru App Gallery.

Any ideas on how do we shortcut google app from Quick App?

T_JU_H

Reaction score
Google Calendar is inside Quick App if you search thru App Gallery.

Any ideas on how do we shortcut google app from Quick App?
In Quick App Center, long press the app icon in 'Recently used'. Then choose 'Add to home screen'. I've done this with Youtube.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
In Quick App Center, long press the app icon in 'Recently used'. Then choose 'Add to home screen'. I've done this with Youtube.
Okay. Tried or can press the 2 dots beside the app icon to add to the home screen.

But how do we know what other google apps can be done the same way too? So far I saw Google Mail, Calendar, and Maps.

T_JU_H

Reaction score
Okay. Tried or can press the 2 dots beside the app icon to add to the home screen.

But how do we know what other google apps can be done the same way too? So far I saw Google Mail, Calendar, and Maps.
Try to 'Search' for the apps you want in Quick App Center.

aucheukyan

Master Member
Reaction score
So huawei can sell 5g modem dongles without issue…. That is what they are exploiting atm I think. Not sure battery life how? It’s has to run an additional modem using the battery with the already low efficiency sd888, and then will the US tighten the noose?

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the only drawback for using Huawei is no Google but my colleague told me no big deal as you still can used web to access your Google email.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.