Human Resources FAQ

shodan99

Master Member
Reaction score
So if the HR is not involved, can the PIP be considered void, and results cannot be used as grounds of dismissal?
I don't think it's void. PIP means a s set of measurable goals within a time frame to measure your performance. HR not involved also is a way to measure your performance.

Usually hiring manager will not unilaterally put someone on PIP without HR in the loop anyway. It's part of company sop to ensure processes are followed

ZuoMoJiangDe

Reaction score
I don't think it's void. PIP means a s set of measurable goals within a time frame to measure your performance. HR not involved also is a way to measure your performance.

Usually hiring manager will not unilaterally put someone on PIP without HR in the loop anyway. It's part of company sop to ensure processes are followed
Hahah won't be surprised if there isn't any actual SOP established and people can just pull thing out from where the sun don't shine.

"PIP means a s set of measurable goals within a time frame to measure your performance."
True, but if the manager is a bad actor she can just anyhow set unrealistic goals and/or measure it with a yardstick that is like monkey god's shape shifting golden rod, so the goal post can change size and positions.

shodan99

Master Member
Reaction score
Hahah won't be surprised if there isn't any actual SOP established and people can just pull thing out from where the sun don't shine.

"PIP means a s set of measurable goals within a time frame to measure your performance."
True, but if the manager is a bad actor she can just anyhow set unrealistic goals and/or measure it with a yardstick that is like monkey god's shape shifting golden rod, so the goal post can change size and positions.
There are many ways to get rid of employees. If tio pip, I'd use the time to find new job. Why waste each other time.

Sometimes, it's not about performance also. Could also be personality conflict.

ZuoMoJiangDe

Reaction score
There are many ways to get rid of employees. If tio pip, I'd use the time to find new job. Why waste each other time.

Regulations wise, when is the earliest the employer can start posting job ads to look for the replacement?

jinsatkilife

Reaction score

how to find new job if the background check by new employer will reveal this?

catch 22

shodan99

Master Member
Reaction score
how to find new job if the background check by new employer will reveal this?

catch 22
Depends bah. Small company don't bother. Bigger companies only verify your job there only. They cannot reveal your performance to your potential employer. Especially if you not applying for c suite job, nobody is interested to dig to deep lah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.