HWZ @ Japanese Drama Club @

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched Night Doctor already. I think quite predictable storyline. Haru will be the ganbatte doctor, Sawamura Ikki the one with a secret, Tanaka Kei the anchor with cold personality.

My favourite from the the last season should be

Konto ga Hajimaru - Suda Masaki is too strong liao, so hard not to like (or hate) his character. Quite warm but sad story, truth of youths growing out of their dreams.

Ichikei no Karasu - How not to like this show?! Ok, I am a fanboy of Kuroki Haru, so I could be bias haha. But Takenouchi Yutaka's character is too funny liao. Btw, SP movie is also confirmed already

Iki o Hisomete - If I am not wrong, the episodes don't connect up. I have randomly watched some episodes, and like how it portray pretty realistic lives of commoners working hard to make a living.

Nemesis - Watched for Eguchi Yosuke and Hirose Suzu. Eguchi ojisan charismatic really grow with age lor. The highlight of this series is also the superstar guest stars; Oshima Yuko, Maki Yoko, Hashimoto Kanna,Ueda Tatsuya.

Sakura no Tou - Not really a new storyline, but the good actings of RH and Tamaki Hiroshi make up for it. And OMG, how come RH doesn't age wan. :p

Samayou Yaiba - This is a very very hard to watch show, in the sense of the violence and revenge. Not sure if it was planned, Takenouchi Yutaka acted in the move version more than 10 years ago, and now the tv series version. His acting in this series is very very good.

Girl Gun Lady - ermmm don't need to ask why. Its fan service show. LOL

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
My favourite from the the last season should be
My list is
1. リコカツ: Funny but heart-warming dorama. 北川景子 & 瑛太's chemistry was great, but I think 瑛太 totally stole the show.

2. 着飾る恋には理由があって: 川口春奈 and everyone else in the share-house were all very lovable, and a lot of scenes were with minimal make up. 中村アン's short hair style suited her very well.

3. ドラゴン桜2: Predictable plot. Not much difference from part 1, except the girls in part 1 prettier. 平手友梨奈 getting so skinny... last time got baby fat cute cute now face sharp sharp

4. コントが始まる: Watched just for 有村架純

5. 恋はdeepに: As a fan of 石原さとみ、I have not given up half way on any of her doramas, no matter how bad they were. But this is a new low for her; I stopped watching at ep4.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My list is
1. リコカツ: Funny but heart-warming dorama. 北川景子 & 瑛太's chemistry was great, but I think 瑛太 totally stole the show.

2. 着飾る恋には理由があって: 川口春奈 and everyone else in the share-house were all very lovable, and a lot of scenes were with minimal make up. 中村アン's short hair style suited her very well.

3. ドラゴン桜2: Predictable plot. Not much difference from part 1, except the girls in part 1 prettier. 平手友梨奈 getting so skinny... last time got baby fat cute cute now face sharp sharp

4. コントが始まる: Watched just for 有村架純

5. 恋はdeepに: As a fan of 石原さとみ、I have not given up half way on any of her doramas, no matter how bad they were. But this is a new low for her; I stopped watching at ep4.

I was following Rikokatsu until Eita's superior declared her crush for him too. I feel the show has room for more story wan, but they didnt manage add in more fun.

I admit I was watching Kikazaru Koi ni wa Riyuu ga Atte for Kawaguchi Haruna too, but I feel the story wasn't strong enough to catch me follow on. Then I jumped over to Renai Mangaka, for Yoshioka Riho. The storyline also same quite predictable, but Yoshioka is more likable. haha :p

Dragon Zakura I am still watching, but same as you say its quite predictable, nothing woah woah. I think most fans are hoping Yamapi to do a sudden guest appearance, but honestly its 99% impossible wan... :( If its not for Hirate Yurina, I won't be able to drag on...

Conte ga Hajimaru. hmm I like the Yoshine Kyoko and Furukawa Kotone more than Arimura Kasumi. :p Suda Masaki's acting is also really good.

Koi wa Deep ni is really quite bad. I won't fault her acting, but rather her agency or manager needs to look at expanding her roles. She is not young anymore already, cannot always act these 傻大姐 roles... I will compare her to Ayase Haruka, both with healthy good looks and decent acting, but I find Ayase has been more careful with her roles in the past few years.

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
Then I jumped over to Renai Mangaka, for Yoshioka Riho. The storyline also same quite predictable, but Yoshioka is more likable. haha :p
I enjoyed レンアイ漫画家! Not much storyline as you mentioned, but just drool over 吉岡里帆 good enough
Conte ga Hajimaru. hmm I like the Yoshine Kyoko and Furukawa Kotone more than Arimura Kasumi. :p
Oh yes 古川琴音 has a special x-factor... not typical chio bu but attractive

qwerty12346

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to watch these jdrama episodes with both japanese subtitles and mandarin subtitles? Wanna work on both if possible. I only found raws with chinese subs. Thanks!

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to watch these jdrama episodes with both japanese subtitles and mandarin subtitles? Wanna work on both if possible. I only found raws with chinese subs. Thanks!
Screenshot-20210702-184812-Chrome.jpg

Actually most of the streaming sites are bilingual... much easier for the pirates translators to put the subs in

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
delay for 2 weeks? The show is not bad i feel. Sharehouse with 3 single families, eating okonomiyaki
I read that shooting is not affected because no one is close contact with 仲野太賀... how is that even possible haha...

I actually cried when they were playing catch-ball while sharing the pains of single fatherhood. It's a surprisingly nice ドラマ

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that shooting is not affected because no one is close contact with 仲野太賀... how is that even possible haha...

I actually cried when they were playing catch-ball while sharing the pains of single fatherhood. It's a surprisingly nice ドラマ
The friend and son whom he brushed their hair? Okonomiyaki ojisan cook? I be surprised if they don't need to quarantine

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score

milet's "Ordinary Days" is the theme song for ハコヅメ。Super funny and 永野芽郁 looks very very very cute in her Bob hair & uniform!

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nagano Mei really is cuter in this "Hakozume" than "Oyabaka Seishun". She is just too dumb looking in Oyabaka. And Hakozume has Toda Erika and Nishino Nanase to double the beauties.

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
Nagano Mei really is cuter in this "Hakozume" than "Oyabaka Seishun". She is just too dumb looking in Oyabaka. And Hakozume has Toda Erika and Nishino Nanase to double the beauties.
Ya the best 女子会 in the world... but all 3 of them so skinny, may be a kid also cannot handle

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No complaints from me, I find boney pretty. :p

Actually TBH I didnt realise that is Nishino Nanase, she looks very peasant in this show.

wsaiho1977

Banned
Reaction score
No complaints from me, I find boney pretty. :p

Actually TBH I didnt realise that is Nishino Nanase, she looks very peasant in this show.
To me both なぁちゃん & 戸田えりか were pretty obvious but I totally missed 永野芽郁!I was just thinking who was this cutie leh? Like seen before but who leh? Think until 1/2 way through ep1 then the realisation hit me

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just watched Promise Cinderella. Very standard pitiful cute fiery girl with super rich useless son. Fumi Nikaido is looking really good in this short bod hair, Sakuma Yui's short hair is nice too. Reminds me of Uchida Yuki younger days

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.