HWZ's Sim Lim Square Price List Confirm (Near) Best Prices ?

Reaction score
i've never bought from Sim Lim Square before so recently look at the HWZ Sim Lim price list......so these shops on price list are the best shops to buy from ?

no nasty surprises like price hikes ?.....or other shops can give significantly better prices ?......if buy majority of the parts, still can bargain a bit ?

i assume all parts got local agent warranty ??

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's best to call up and check for stock availability. Often times, best price but no stock.

tsteo77

Reaction score
i've never bought from Sim Lim Square before so recently look at the HWZ Sim Lim price list......so these shops on price list are the best shops to buy from ?

no nasty surprises like price hikes ?.....or other shops can give significantly better prices ?......if buy majority of the parts, still can bargain a bit ?

i assume all parts got local agent warranty ??
Good for reference, there a quite a few shops not listed. Go down to have a look at their price list posted around their shops and ask if you need to.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so very likely just false advertising to get people to go to the shop, eh ?
Like what you wrote, a price list is a list that states the item price. It however does not indicate that they have stock at the time you decide to head down. Thus, best to call up in advance to clarify. DIYers usually download pricelist for price comparison against online pricing.

Reaction score
Good for reference, there a quite a few shops not listed. Go down to have a look at their price list posted around their shops and ask if you need to.

any particular shops to recommend ?......i haven't been to Sim Lim for over 15 years liao........and there's so many shops there ......

Like what you wrote, a price list is a list that states the item price. It however does not indicate that they have stock at the time you decide to head down. Thus, best to call up in advance to clarify. DIYers usually download pricelist for price comparison against online pricing.

just hope they don't tell you got stock (when there's none) just to lure you there........LOL

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any particular shops to recommend ?......i haven't been to Sim Lim for over 15 years liao........and there's so many shops there ......

just hope they don't tell you got stock (when there's none) just to lure you there........LOL
Which is why u need to know which shops are reputable de. Some will do anything to get sales. If not, just buy from lazada. They need to state stock qty online. If they bluff, at most you wasted some time while waiting to be updated. Lzd CSO is quite proactive in buyer's protection to a certain extent as compared to shopee and qoo10.

For starters, you can consider PCT, Dynacore, Vii, media mart, PC care & solution.

wtfh4x

Master Member
Reaction score
99% of the time they'll be able to find stocks. Many stores will buy stocks from each other at the wholesale price if their store don't have the stock, so just need to wait a while for them to run off and get it. But you should prepare a list of some similarly priced alternative parts just in case they really can't get what you want cos of supply-side shortage, which could happen cos of covid.

soulblader_89

Banned
Reaction score
Lazada is seriously better

but u need to very on to get all the right voucher, not so simple one

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can only say, go down and ask all the shops yourself. Cause to me, its pointless to call the shops, they either do not hold stocks for you, or when they are busy, they tend to give misinformation most of the time.

Lazada or online platform is a hit or miss at times. Their stocks info always not accurate. Worse, when the parts listed pricing is different, they will cancel on you and tell you different pricing or like the recent one i got from Dynacore was no stocks. This happens to me last 3 weeks back when all the sls stores are basically waiting for new shipments of motherboards as they have shortages. After which when the motherboards landed and the landed cost increases, the shops have no choice but to increase both online and change their price list. But they did not. Hence is a big mess there.

So imo, just head down. Check. See for yourself. These shops are really old fashion running business module. Till today they will never change their mindset.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can only say, go down and ask all the shops yourself. Cause to me, its pointless to call the shops, they either do not hold stocks for you, or when they are busy, they tend to give misinformation most of the time.
Because many clowns like to call ask but end up didnt buy or show up , same like carosell those idiots

rover75

Reaction score
So far my experience is Sim Lim PC shops prices are better than Lazada if there is no super promo or sale if you need something instantly. You need to walk around and check. So far I have been going there to buy AX routers, Wi-Fi extenders, SD cards, SSD, HDD when I need it urgently and dun want to wait. So long you are tech savvy, should be fine shopping there.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far my experience is Sim Lim PC shops prices are better than Lazada if there is no super promo or sale if you need something instantly. You need to walk around and check. So far I have been going there to buy AX routers, Wi-Fi extenders, SD cards, SSD, HDD when I need it urgently and dun want to wait. So long you are tech savvy, should be fine shopping there.
Now Online got sales every month and those mega sales the discount is even better.
However although it's against the violation, seller do mark up their prices and some might say due to demand and increasing of cost.

I bought a i7-11700K bundle on 7.7 and 8.8 with better discount savings but the price after discount is higher by almost $100 because selling price markup.

TS need to shortlist your items in mind and do your research at SLS before online sales to compare.
Some high savings or in demand items like GPU usually snatch up very fast during online sale.

Eg recently 2 Palit sales, with 1 to 3 units availability got sold up almost instantly
RTX 3060 $710
RTX 3060 Ti $828
RTX 3070 Gaming Pro $1,025
RTX 3070 Gaming Pro Ti $1,088
These items are seller promo pricing and before Shopee and Bank discount (Which I assumed buyer have no time to apply before it get sold out)

Kennedy

Master Member
Reaction score
ah neh shops generally cheaper than chinese shops. but the former is more sneaky. just remember to confirm the price, agent or shop warranty, anything not clear before buying.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are there any notable shops missing? We'll try to get in touch with them to help supply price lists -- if they maintain any.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.