Hybrid lot at malls

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Hi
Can I check if Audi A4 with mild hybrid system is allowed to park at those hybrid lots in malls? I checked the vehicle lot from LTA and the propellent is registered as Petrol-Electric.
If allowed, need to apply for any decals?

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just park if hybrid

Given it is an audi, people will just assume is a petrol car abusing the lot.

In case, people complain, use your log card. LTA indicates hybrid means is hybrid lo.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Mild hybrid can be considered as hybrid, then Nissan's E- power can consider EV lor.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
If Mild hybrid can be considered as hybrid, then Nissan's E- power can consider EV lor.
That is why I want to clarify on the definition/criteria they used. Because if based on LTA vehicle log, both mild hybrid and full hybrid cars were registered in same category if I am not wrong.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why I want to clarify on the definition/criteria they used. Because if based on LTA vehicle log, both mild hybrid and full hybrid cars were registered in same category if I am not wrong.
Follow what the regulatory. Here may not get you any answers.

zoom-zoom

Reaction score
Mild Hybrid cars only use their electric motors to support the engine during acceleration and cruising – the electric motor cannot power the car on its own.

I suggest you stick to the normal lots.

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing epower with i3 rex, i3 rex has charging socket.

Maybe if Nissan epower includes charging socket will be ev. Haha.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want, you just park. If they put a notice not to park at these lots again, then don't.

Mild hybrid is as good as normal petrol only. Don't go push it too far either.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing epower with i3 rex, i3 rex has charging socket.

Maybe if Nissan epower includes charging socket will be ev. Haha.
Agreed + EV no exhaust pipe.
The Car makers are trying to bypass the SG regulation as much as possible to reduce their cost and gain max profit.
Users get confused with mild-hybrid and E-power is hybrid or EV, respectively. even ads by AD that has this tagline: suggest E-power is a dun need charging required EV.... BTH

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed + EV no exhaust pipe.
The Car makers are trying to bypass the SG regulation as much as possible to reduce their cost and gain max profit.
Users get confused with mild-hybrid and E-power is hybrid or EV, respectively. even ads by AD that has this tagline: suggest E-power is a dun need charging required EV.... BTH

Ya, agree. I think the category of hybrid vehicles are loosely termed. I think maybe as long as there is battery in support of driving and car dealers submitted as hybrid, the authority will recognised it as hybrid. These car park lots are not really strictly regulated as long as can proved is a hybrid. I would park these lots if can get a diesel mild hybrid, even theoretically it is not green. Just like government is disallowing sales of diesel vehicles in 2025 but can bring in diesel hybrid.

EV is more distinct for now, due to absent of ice and the inclusion of charging socket.

Needmysleep

Reaction score
Hi
Can I check if Audi A4 with mild hybrid system is allowed to park at those hybrid lots in malls? I checked the vehicle lot from LTA and the propellent is registered as Petrol-Electric.
If allowed, need to apply for any decals?

Mild hybrids don't need charging via a socket right...can't park.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.