I am 28 and starting to face hair loss problem.

greenarrow_23

Reaction score
Is my situation considered bad? :/ I feel like I have been slowly losing over the last 7 years...
v7NOuNwl.jpg

qs1JntFl.jpg

Sent from the island using GAGT

Wildwood

Reaction score
I am a female, 28 years old and facing bald as well.... one day didn't wash my hair then the hair will be very oily. Feel terrible and bad, haven't tried any minoxidil, what should I do!!!! Feeling hopeless

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I been washing alternately with only water and with shampoo...yes..only water...wash,rinse n dry..the shampoo inside got chemicals which we all know..

Pinky Sky

Reaction score
Other than hormones changes (i.e. after delivery) i think stress plays a big part over hair loss - both in men and women.

a healthy lifestyle and happy mind will help to prevent hair loss at early stage.

- sleep early and do not over-stress yourself.
- exercise and pick up a hobby to destress
- give your head a good massage to improve blood circulation
- keep your scalp clean and try to use less hair product (like gel or hair stray)

If your condition is very bad, you may want to seek for professional help..
in singapore i think we have yun nam and laser treatment..
u may want to research yourself and see which one is suitable for u
https://radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/lasemd-hair-loss-treatment-laser/

fistno

Reaction score
Happen to come across this thread.
I had minor hair loss for years too, esp during my time in army. I managed to recover quite well by using minoxidil.
Initially, I was recommended 2% by polyclinic doctor, but hair loss still continue. After that I stop using mino and went on to try jackie chen endorsed shampoo, Ba Wang. The product has no use for mine blackie hairs.
Everyday I lose hairs, esp during my time in outfield when ah boys like us who can hardly bath or even take shower during outfield training, the hair loss is even more. Whenever I scratch my itcy head, there were always hairs leftover on my palms.

End up, I came across toppik and after hesitation, I decided to try out toppik hair fiber where I bought from carousell, to cover up my thinning hair and patches of botak. Initially I don't believe in this thing. Where got sure thing as instant hair grow. If there is, nobody in the world will have hair problem liao loh. But still I choose to go ahead, given the limited choice I have. I managed to meet up with the seller to get a bottle of toppik. When the seller turn up, he asked me if I have any idea of how to use toppik. I told him no. He is very steady. He open up the bottle and on the spot demonstrated to me how to use toppik to style my hair. I was suprised that the result of using is very good. He explained to me that, toppik is like many other normal hair fiber, they are temporarily and the fiber is make of hort life keratin, and not very waterproof. Once it get wet, the fiber will be wash off and the miracle effort will go back to normal.

I share with him my story and he laughed. The reason why minoxidil does not work. He told me that in order to have good result with minoxidil for men or women, minoxidil 5% has to be used twice daily and leave it on for 4hrs after apply. Our hair follicles work in cycle just like people wake up in the day and sleep in the night. The hair follicles also have cycles, when they sleep on a month and get active again in another month. He even show me a forum known as hairlosstalk forum, where people form all walks of life post successful story from hair loss using minoxidil. You can google, hairlosstalk forum, and click on image tag to see all their images and links to their thread. I have learnt alot from him, about hair fibers, minoxidil, biotin, vitamin E, tocotrienols, keratin. You can also google on all this terms to have a brief knowledge on them. This knowledge will help you a long way. Now my hairs feel full, recovered quite well and still have room for improvement.

So in summary, minoxidil works. But you must use the correct percentage, anything less than 5% is not useful. I must say I have try diy hair loss management and saved a huge bucks, which is way much cheaper than going to lousy beijing 101.
You can also use hair fibers to rebuild your confidence, give your head a full hair look, while you goes on your journey for long term hairs recovery.

Feel free to ask me anything. I will try to help if I have the answers.

randomguyyy

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with fistno. Minoxidil is the way to go in combating hair loss and thinning issues without much side effects. It is much more cost-efficient than other treatments imo.

I recommend people who are deciding what kind of treatment to go for to hop on this asap to prevent further losses. I am personally using Rogaine foam and my hair thinning situation has improved tremendously. The only caveat to this treatment is that you have to use it continuously everyday or else it would revert back to the original state. But considering the results I obtained, I don't really see it as a downside.
I learnt my lesson once of not applying for a long period because I got complacent seeing the good results and dealt with the consequences. The losses were quite depressing but ever since I restarted the treatment again 2 months ago, my hair is much thicker and fuller now and almost back to the point of no thinning. Not going to make the same mistake again.

I have tried many methods in the past but none of them really worked until I tried minoxidil. This thing is a godsend and I am not even exaggerating.

For those planning to start, it would take around 1-2 months before you see signs of regrowth so just be patient and stick to the regime and you'll be on your way back to fuller hair again. Peace.

ong.brendan

Reaction score
You've probably heard it's bad to wash hair daily - but most ppl agree that it's safe to wash hair daily with a mild shampoo (if you have dry hair, you can go as long as a week without washing). If you can wait a day between shampoos, do it

Should ppl with hair loss wash hair less often?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with fistno. Minoxidil is the way to go in combating hair loss and thinning issues without much side effects. It is much more cost-efficient than other treatments imo.

I recommend people who are deciding what kind of treatment to go for to hop on this asap to prevent further losses. I am personally using Rogaine foam and my hair thinning situation has improved tremendously. The only caveat to this treatment is that you have to use it continuously everyday or else it would revert back to the original state. But considering the results I obtained, I don't really see it as a downside.
I learnt my lesson once of not applying for a long period because I got complacent seeing the good results and dealt with the consequences. The losses were quite depressing but ever since I restarted the treatment again 2 months ago, my hair is much thicker and fuller now and almost back to the point of no thinning. Not going to make the same mistake again.

I have tried many methods in the past but none of them really worked until I tried minoxidil. This thing is a godsend and I am not even exaggerating.

For those planning to start, it would take around 1-2 months before you see signs of regrowth so just be patient and stick to the regime and you'll be on your way back to fuller hair again. Peace.

i started to use minoxidil for almost one month now. i can see fine hairs started to grow at my hairs M shape. will continue to use to see if it really works...

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My barber also say if you keep your hair till 30 most likely you’ll have hair until old ...
That is correct. All those hairloss sufferers will start to have hairfall before mid 20. If a person won't have hairloss till age 30. Very likely won't have this problem

SunitaRao

Reaction score
I am 28 and I think I am starting lose my front hair and become thinner. My scalp is those oily type.

I am losing my self esteem because of this.

Any brothers facing this problem and any advice?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT
My husband started losing hair when we were dating around... 26? But his family good hair genes. He buy rosemary oil and apply on his hair twice a week. Till today. It promotes hair growth (to become thick will become awhile ah..) Nowaday we buy this HiQiLi Rosemary Essential Oil from Shopee one. You can try and see! No harm bah.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.