I will reply and advise for all Vinyl Flooring Questions

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any advice on Trenco and eco+ vinyl brands? Are they good brands? If not is it worth it to pay more for better?

yamashita

Reaction score
I am looking to overlay my dry kitchen with vinyl flooring. The flooring is levelled with the living room (porcelain flooring across) and I believe a transition strip will be used. Is there a need to 'cut' a line across the porcelain tiles for the vinyl strip to be installed?

Most local companies seem to be selling LVT/LVF vinyl, I assume those are with vinyl core and if it's WPC or SPC core, it will be stated right?

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score
hi.. I have an uneven parquet flooring in my bedroom with built in carpentry. am I still able to level the existing parquet flooring and overlay the vinyl without dismantling the exiting built in carpentry? thank you.

kairi kwan

Reaction score
hi.. I have an uneven parquet flooring in my bedroom with built in carpentry. am I still able to level the existing parquet flooring and overlay the vinyl without dismantling the exiting built in carpentry? thank you.
hi hi, you can try if the unevenness do not come from the bare flooring but the parquet, remove those uneven one use self leveling cement to even the area before overlay vinyl

darkelf

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi first time going through a hdb resale renovation here.

Just want to ask, regarding vinyl flooring for hdb resale reno, is it recommended or a must to do floor leveling after removal of the old vinyl? Before laying the new vinyl floorings over.
Or just remove old vinyl and lay over new ones will do

boombastick91

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has comparison or comment for either one between Floor xpert LURF (LOC range) vs Xingfloors (Floorlux LVT range)? was given this 2 to choose from and will be doing self levelling.

xingfloors feels thicker and rigid while floorxpert feels more flexible but thinner. trust that both are reputable brands, but any advice/against/recommendation for one over another?

jyeoh96

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, as busy as life got. I havent replied on this forum for a looooooong time. Hopefully I still can help the future readers of this thread by replying to the older replies

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
sharing my experience on recent vinyl quotes for my resale HDB for benefit of all members.
went with evorich. not yet installed. so i cant comment.

Eco+ (no showroom)
6.50 psf quote from contractors (not sure of specs, didnt pursue)

Floorxpert (showroom), free site survey
LVT rigid vinyl (belgium) 4.5mm thk with 1mm overlay, 8.50 psf with skirt
SPC (China), 5mm thk with 2mm overlay, herringbone design, 8.50 psf
SPC (Belgium) 5mm thk with 2mm overlay, 10.30 psf

Evorich (showroom)
LVT rigid vinyl, 5mm thk, 6.50 psf promo price

Missumuch

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any of you have installed SPC flooring on balcony in which some portion will be exposed to rain?

GloryKnight

Reaction score
Hi, anyone is able to share your experience or knowledge on SPC vinyl suppliers locally? Who has the best after sales service and price/quality? Appreciate it!

ablue15

Reaction score
Hi Jyeoh,
My parents house is a 4A type HDB.
Due to the age of the house (1984) till now, the tiles started to 'pop'.

Was thinking of doing vinyl overlay, not vinyl flooring.
Got lots of furnitures. Need to hack away the existing tiles and re-cement.
Maybe waterproof one layer then do vinyl overlay.

It's quite a nightmare actually. Able to advise pls?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Jyeoh,
My parents house is a 4A type HDB.
Due to the age of the house (1984) till now, the tiles started to 'pop'.

Was thinking of doing vinyl overlay, not vinyl flooring.
Got lots of furnitures. Need to hack away the existing tiles and re-cement.
Maybe waterproof one layer then do vinyl overlay.

It's quite a nightmare actually. Able to advise pls?
You don't understand the meaning of overlay.

Overlay means lay on top. Your existing tiles have already popped. Not possible to overlay Have to hack and re-lay.

Vinyl overlay and vinyl flooring doesn't mean the different types of 'flooring'. Overlay is a method. Vinyl flooring is a material, ie, homogenous tile, carpet, etc.

mc_007

Reaction score
Need advice. I want to do away with current parquet flooring of the bedrooms.

ID advice to remove all parquet which I think it's ok but considering to replace with vinyl or tiles. He told me need to screed and vinyl will be more expensive than tiles. I always have the impression that vinyl will be cheaper?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Need advice. I want to do away with current parquet flooring of the bedrooms.

ID advice to remove all parquet which I think it's ok but considering to replace with vinyl or tiles. He told me need to screed and vinyl will be more expensive than tiles. I always have the impression that vinyl will be cheaper?
have you condsidered sanding and re-varnishing the parquet as another option? IMO parquet has a much nicer foot feel than vinyl or tiles, albeit it has its downsides as well. and sanding and re-varnishing the existing parquet should be the cheapest of the 3 options

simple overlaying of vinyl is cheaper than tiling, but combine screeding and vinyl installation, then the cost becomes comparable.

mc_007

Reaction score
have you condsidered sanding and re-varnishing the parquet as another option? IMO parquet has a much nicer foot feel than vinyl or tiles, albeit it has its downsides as well. and sanding and re-varnishing the existing parquet should be the cheapest of the 3 options

simple overlaying of vinyl is cheaper than tiling, but combine screeding and vinyl installation, then the cost becomes comparable.
Hi..I want to remove parquet cos it's difficult to maintain..

Some IDs I spoke with say screed + self leveling+Vinyl confirm cheaper than tiles but this ID said otherwise. Also since replace with tiles will be higher than the parquet height, which mean uneven flooring as compared to my living. However,he said hack parquet with screed and it will not impact the height if use tiles...

Don't really understand...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.