If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

platee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only noobs buy secretlab la. Overpriced junk. Even IKEA chair 10years also no spoil lol

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember Secretlab having a more comprehensive warranty for the 2020 PU series. I know before that it sucked for all those that had theirs peel. I went with softweave as I prefer that material and so far it's as good as the first day I've bought it.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are still quite alot of kum lan buy secretlab when they can actually use that money and buy a proper good chair like herman miller that can last a lifetime.

nothing beats a full mesh ergonomic chair. once my my Okamura Contessa up lorry.. i will buy herman miller without any thought.

even my friends who owns secretlab chair found my surprisingly comfy than their overprice rebranded china chair.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
I remember Secretlab having a more comprehensive warranty for the 2020 PU series. I know before that it sucked for all those that had theirs peel. I went with softweave as I prefer that material and so far it's as good as the first day I've bought it.

Read the "comprehensive warranty" clearly :s22:

Doesn't cover wear and tear. peeling is wear and tear.

midlusionz

Reaction score
there are still quite alot of kum lan buy secretlab when they can actually use that money and buy a proper good chair like herman miller that can last a lifetime.

nothing beats a full mesh ergonomic chair. once my my Okamura Contessa up lorry.. i will buy herman miller without any thought.

even my friends who owns secretlab chair found my surprisingly comfy than their overprice rebranded china chair.

Hihi, may i know where you purchase the Okamura chairs? It look exactly what i wan

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they replaced my friend’s chair recently with the new 2.0 pu leather for $49.

mgX6Svz.jpg

songboh9696

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You are the dumb one.. HM is easily 3 times the price . Want to recommend also recommend properly, don't compare Asus phone w apple or Samsung.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are the dumb one.. HM is easily 3 times the price . Want to recommend also recommend properly, don't compare Asus phone w apple or Samsung.

obviously u never own one or sat one for a long period of time, probably that's why u made such statement.

This chair can easily last u minimum 10yrs if u take care of it. compare to your secretlab? :s13:

anyway it's your wallet you decide.

Hihi, may i know where you purchase the Okamura chairs? It look exactly what i wan

u can try looking around for 2nd hand in carousell. i got mine from there.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score

Your comparison a bit weird also leh, Asus ROG phone same price as Samsung... Unless I see wrongly (did simple google search for RRP).

And to say that PU chair is Asus as to HM chairs to Samsung/Apple is also wrong in many ways :s22:

Assuming you're saying that Asus is value for money and hence PU chair is value for money, is it really value for money? $500 can buy many good chairs (fully mesh or not) too!

So I guess the best way to compare is then PU Chair VS something like the Sail chair that many people mention, which is better? Anyone tried both have anything to say?

I for one will never go back to PU Leather because it just simply doesn't make sense in SG weather.

midlusionz

Reaction score
obviously u never own one or sat one for a long period of time, probably that's why u made such statement.

This chair can easily last u minimum 10yrs if u take care of it. compare to your secretlab? :s13:

anyway it's your wallet you decide.

u can try looking around for 2nd hand in carousell. i got mine from there.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PU really won't last 2 years, mine is 2017 version after 1.5 years peeling already and Secretlab don't support liao

GG

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Posted earlier in the thread, there is peel protection guarantee for 2020 series https://secretlab.sg/pages/peelprotection

As I have posted earlier too, read what "Peel Protection" means...

From their site:

Secretlab’s Peel Protection Guarantee is specifically meant to cover peeling of the PU Leather, and does not cover normal wear and tear of surfaces, including but not limited to aesthetical degradation of upholstery, stitching, and cuts, scratches or damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes.

I bold for you so easier to read.

sweat from your body, is normal wear and tear... many things can be determined as normal wear and tear... it basically gives them a get out of jail free card (not wrong, many companies do this).

So the moral of the lesson is read carefully to warranties and for many other things "Lifetime guarantee". They aren't exactly what you think they are.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As I have posted earlier too, read what "Peel Protection" means...

From their site:

I bold for you so easier to read.

sweat from your body, is normal wear and tear... many things can be determined as normal wear and tear... it basically gives them a get out of jail free card (not wrong, many companies do this).

So the moral of the lesson is read carefully to warranties and for many other things "Lifetime guarantee". They aren't exactly what you think they are.

does not cover normal wear and tear, accident, abuse etc.

So the question really is - what does the "guarantee" cover?? :s13:

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does not cover normal wear and tear, accident, abuse etc.

So the question really is - what does the "guarantee" cover?? :s13:

When u email Secretlab’s they will tell u what covered what not covered. In short warranty only what they say counts.

Just let whoever want buy Secretlab’s go buy.

Brought once experienced the ultimate support from local company. Will never support them again.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can only buy their nappa leather chair. Can last very long. Or their fabric softweave chair.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can only buy their nappa leather chair. Can last very long. Or their fabric softweave chair.
Why not go for mesh?

No need to worry about peeling issue

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.