iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
iHerb 11.11 Singles’ Day Sales 22% sitewide from now on….faster faster…43hrs left…

uniqlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how's shipping from iherb? reliable or not?

ordered multivit and paid extra 6$ for singpost but tracking shows cjexpress which shows HAWB as invalid :oops:

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will like to check is spending over at iHerb considered a foreign currency transaction and hence will result in extra charges if I use the usual bank issued credit card? Pai seh very very long never buy from iherb liao, so can't remember.

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for collagen and is for knee. Any particular reason buying these. Thanks.
My gf has osteoarthritis.
Her knee hurts & so does her wrists.
She took glucosamine etc without much effect & the meds given by her doc mitigate her discomfort/pain only slightly.

Then I recommended her Omega 3 (great for anti-inflammation) and curcumin (lots of studies supporting its use.
She tried it and the osteoArthritis problem actually diminished overtime & practically went away.
She was so pleased with the outcome & now she swears by it.

Earlier this year she went for her Camino Santiago pilgrimage & hiked about 400km in 20+ days.

So give this combo suggestion a try if you have problems with yr knees or joints

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
how's shipping from iherb? reliable or not?

ordered multivit and paid extra 6$ for singpost but tracking shows cjexpress which shows HAWB as invalid :oops:

Why do you need to buy multivit?
For general wellness?
The prob with Multivits it is often O/D on vits and has very insignificant amounts of essential minerals.
Check the article in AMA's excel file on Dont waste $$ on multivits

BTW, shipping by iHerb is reliable, so you dont need to specially select SingPost.
Free is always good.

qsgsgs

Reaction score
My gf has osteoarthritis.
Her knee hurts & so does her wrists.
She took glucosamine etc without much effect & the meds given by her doc mitigate her discomfort/pain only slightly.

Then I recommended her Omega 3 (great for anti-inflammation) and curcumin (lots of studies supporting its use.
She tried it and the osteoArthritis problem actually diminished overtime & practically went away.
She was so pleased with the outcome & now she swears by it.

Earlier this year she went for her Camino Santiago pilgrimage & hiked about 400km in 20+ days.

So give this combo suggestion a try if you have problems with yr knees or joints
It is a mega dose of omega-3?

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone take anti-aging supplements?

i am trying to get from iherb but it is always sold out and when in stock, they are gone within minutes. Hard to get.

These are what I am trying to get
1. NMN 250mg and above. (this one damn ex...and always always sold out)
2. TMG
3. Fisetin

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
It is a mega dose of omega-3?
Nope, you shouldnt do a megadose of Omega 3.
Most off the shelf omega 3 contains 300mg of DHA+EPA

Get the 600mg Omega 3 from iHerb, which is hardly found in SG.

IT is more refined & certainly better value.

The key anti-inflammation which is super helpful for her is the curcumin

Check out: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=curcumin+knee+pain&btnG=

NB, there is curcumin & there is Curcumin.
Check out AMA's excel for the preferred (best value buy) curcumin

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
does anyone take anti-aging supplements?

i am trying to get from iherb but it is always sold out and when in stock, they are gone within minutes. Hard to get.

These are what I am trying to get
1. NMN 250mg and above. (this one damn ex...and always always sold out)
2. TMG
3. Fisetin
These stuff is new to me.

I should PM AMA for her views.

On a cursory check, I find
#1 NMN has safety concerns and efficacy are uncertain and unreliable
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123221001491This regulates NAD

#2 TMG research into this is sparse compared to the above (<10% of NMN)
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2021&q=trimethylglycine+betaine+aging&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5This regulates homocysteine

#3 Fisetin.
Looks ok. DYODD please

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
These stuff is new to me.

I should PM AMA for her views.

On a cursory check, I find
#1 NMN has safety concerns and efficacy are uncertain and unreliable
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123221001491This regulates NAD

#2 TMG research into this is sparse compared to the above (<10% of NMN)
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2021&q=trimethylglycine+betaine+aging&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5This regulates homocysteine

#3 Fisetin.
Looks ok. DYODD please
NMN and TMG is quite new because these are from reseasch into anti-aging and age reversal
found out about these from listening to Dr David Sinclair and his book.

I also add on the Fisetin, Pterostillbene. Considering Spermidine (dont know where to find yet). Pterostillbene is to substitute for resveratrol because it has higher bio availability and similar molecular structures

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, you shouldnt do a megadose of Omega 3.
Most off the shelf omega 3 contains 300mg of DHA+EPA

Get the 600mg Omega 3 from iHerb, which is hardly found in SG.

IT is more refined & certainly better value.

The key anti-inflammation which is super helpful for her is the curcumin

Check out: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=curcumin+knee+pain&btnG=

NB, there is curcumin & there is Curcumin.
Check out AMA's excel for the preferred (best value buy) curcumin
Just to be clear, are you talking about consuming 600mg a day or what? Becoz the typical serving of omega 3 is 2 pills and 1 pill is already 300mg. So 2 will be 600.

Meemoosaa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
25% storewide Black Friday sale today !!!!

I haven't purchased from iherb in a while but the price increment on every product is atrocious !!

Not so value for money anymore ! :(

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
25% storewide Black Friday sale today !!!!

I haven't purchased from iherb in a while but the price increment on every product is atrocious !!

Not so value for money anymore ! :(
i think cos supply chains affected...last time i buy spirulina very easy always in stock...now keep on out of stock very hard to get

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.