IKEA to allow only vax customers from 18 Oct onwards

Yorkshire

Reaction score
isn’t the measures suppose to be protecting the unvax?

How come they phrase their word like unvax are all infected and will bring covid into their premise so must ban them to protect the rest of their vaxxed staff and customer

Yup! They sounded to me as either ignorant or anti government.

WhiteMirrorSociety

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
isn’t the measures suppose to be protecting the unvax?

How come they phrase their word like unvax are all infected and will bring covid into their premise so must ban them to protect the rest of their vaxxed staff and customer
sheep mentality

one sheep say unvax bad, whole gang follow suit.

BernardWYF

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Following the new Government safety measures, we welcome customers to IKEA stores and IKEA restaurants in group sizes of up to 2 fully vaccinated customers from 18 October.​

We will require all members of the group to verify their vaccination status using the Trace Together App or token on arrival.

As we are committed to ensure the well-being of our customers and co-workers, we will continue to take all possible measures to ensure that IKEA remains as a safe place to shop and eat with us.

We encourage everyone to shop and order online. Stay home, stay safe.

Unvax. please chiong to IKEA this weekend and get your stuff

20200311203041_b6195029fcb0d07301fd800e4f38490f_n6qc.gif

Good good. Lesser crowd and shorter queue to go makan there.

lucifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malls restrictions only introduce last week so they haven't got around to getting jabbed yet. We can see the 1st shot percentage go up from 80 to 85% once the restaurant restrictions come. Now malls restrictions and hawkers/kopitiam restrictions come in, I expect the 1st shot percentage to go up to 87% soon. Government is going all out to force vaccination using these methods.

70% of COVID deaths, 50% of those needing oxygen recently came from this 8% of unvaccinated. Gov must be thinking of how to make everyone vaccinated so that these serious cases come down. Once the serious cases come down then can open up further, that must be what the gov is thinking.
Please tell them I want the Novavax. Not the Pfizer where they have their filthy fingers in.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please tell them I want the Novavax. Not the Pfizer where they have their filthy fingers in.

Somehow Novavax keep getting delayed, they depend on US funding so hope they can make it. This seem to be the safest vaccine on paper.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malls restrictions only introduce last week so they haven't got around to getting jabbed yet. We can see the 1st shot percentage go up from 80 to 85% once the restaurant restrictions come. Now malls restrictions and hawkers/kopitiam restrictions come in, I expect the 1st shot percentage to go up to 87% soon. Government is going all out to force vaccination using these methods.
70% of COVID deaths, 50% of those needing oxygen recently came from this 8% of unvaccinated. Gov must be thinking of how to make everyone vaccinated so that these serious cases come down. Once the serious cases come down then can open up further, that must be what the gov is thinking.

Opening up is key to them. They want to gun for stuff like much bigger grp sizes (8-10 pax), 75-100% WFO. These 2 will come first. Then more and more VTLs, many times more than the current.

Right now we are sorta "stabilizing"/plateuing with 2 pax, or at best very very gradually trending down (will take a lot of time if wanna reach like 100-200). Move back to 5 pax/50% WFH and we'll shoot up again eventually wo any "HAs"....shown many times already.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy online lo. Why nowdays ppl still wanna go store see see rook rook. Touch touch feel feel very orgasmic meh?

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opening up is key to them. They want to gun for stuff like much bigger grp sizes (8-10 pax), 75-100% WFO. These 2 will come first. Then more and more VTLs, many times more than the current.

Right now we are sorta "stabilizing"/plateuing with 2 pax, or at best very very gradually trending down (will take a lot of time if wanna reach like 100-200). Move back to 5 pax and we'll shoot up again.
Ya now VTLs is to all the expensive countries.
Commoner cant afford hehe. Put those nearby countries VTL last also good la. Hopefully by then whole world virus situation stabilise le. Huat ah next year

ohsinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IKEA is a swedish coy, just leave a note to their hq for discrimination practice

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya now VTLs is to all the expensive countries.
Commoner cant afford hehe. Put those nearby countries VTL last also good la. Hopefully by then whole world virus situation stabilise le. Huat ah next year
Yea......SGreans are all so keen to open to many more VTLs. So, if got more options esp the cheaper options, sure chiong. Anywhere is fine, i think if MY and SG got VTL, many will go Genting liao. lol

desmond_yee1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but IKEA is not required by latest MTI/ESG rules to ban unvax right?

zgmfx09a

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time say scared mRNA, so want to take Sinovac/Sinopharm. Now say wait Novavax.

I understand why people scared of mRNA, but sometimes I see the unvaxxed, dunno you all want to shift the goalposts how many times.

crossair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IKEA is a swedish coy, just leave a note to their hq for discrimination practice
You must be kidding.

They have adopted the government’s guidelines in almost every country they are in, including banning unvaxxed in a few countries.

They are also actively encouraging their staff to be vaccinated.

As any responsible employer should be doing.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Right now we are sorta "stabilizing"/plateuing with 2 pax, or at best very very gradually trending down (will take a lot of time if wanna reach like 100-200). Move back to 5 pax/50% WFH and we'll shoot up again eventually wo any "HAs"....shown many times already.

From analysing other countries data, we already can tell that we need 10+% natural immunity + vaccine for the infection rate to drop. We are still far from reaching the 10% infection figures, my guess is current situation will persist for another 3 months before the infection figures subside and we can open up further.

VTL is a hassle, I hope we can go back to normal by next year. Just need more vaccines for everybody then don't need VTL already.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.