Interactive Brokers - SGD now available for funding - Part 2

MArVeLIciOUS888

Reaction score
You have to select Add Lot, then add your details below the main entry.

QENSfYi.png
Won't this just add another transaction while maintaining the original transaction? Adding a lot with the correct information will be helpful only if I can delete the original transaction.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for SMART to route for lowest cost on mobile? I think you can choose on TWS, but not sure if the setting apply to TWS only or for the whole account.

I used SMART which routed me to NASDAQOM and I got charged exchange fees for removing liquidity. Big shock with commission total 4+ usd. Apart from not removing liquidity, is there any way to prevent this?
The smart-router should respect the settings from TWS. If it doesn't, that seems like a misfeature.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Guys I've just opened IBKR account after using SCB for a few years. A few questions since IBKR looks damn complicated:

1. Why is there a limit on the number of shares per trade and value in SGD?
2. What happens if I override the limit? Will there be extra charges etc?
3. I plan to use cash and not margin, how do I disable margin?

don't use TWS? use mobile app?

1. ignore
2. nothing
3. change to cash account

newjersey

Reaction score

Guys I've just opened IBKR account after using SCB for a few years. A few questions since IBKR looks damn complicated:

1. Why is there a limit on the number of shares per trade and value in SGD?
2. What happens if I override the limit? Will there be extra charges etc?
3. I plan to use cash and not margin, how do I disable margin?

1. if I remember correctly, there's a default trade size. that's why u received that warning.
2. you can override the limit, i do that all the time. ok, almost all the time.
no, there's no additional fees other than the fact that if u buy more, you pay proportionally more.
3. you can switch to a cash account, but a cash account is limiting in features. but if u are a 100% zero leverage person, go with what you prefer?

loackerc

Reaction score
Residents of Singapore cannot trade SGX-listed securities with an Interactive Brokers LLC (U.S.) account but can with an Interactive Brokers Singapore Pte. Ltd. account.

Just realized this when I was talking to a friend and he told me he could trade SGX-listed stocks and I can't.

Is there a way to swap to one another?
If yes, what are the advantage/disadvantages swapping from LLC to IBSG?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realized this when I was talking to a friend and he told me he could trade SGX-listed stocks and I can't.

Is there a way to swap to one another?
If yes, what are the advantage/disadvantages swapping from LLC to IBSG?
Can trade SGX stocks?

no sipc protection?

ChinoGirl

Reaction score
Is there a difference between tiered and fixed pricing structure for Singapore ETFs? Looks the same to me at 0.08%, with a minimum of SGD2.50. Thank you.

hwckhs

Reaction score
Btw, I am having trouble submitting support message to IBKR. After login to the portal, from Menu select Messages, and it hangs and after a minute shows me this:

za6kAiP.png

It has been like this since last night.

Is it down for everyone or just me?

sCuzzZy

Reaction score

hwckhs

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Does withdrawal means transfer out?

I'm trying to transfer out my $AMZN to another broker. just a couple of shares. How do I read from the table?

From that page, yes, withdrawal means transferring out.

There are a few types of transfer. In client portal, click Menu -> Transfer & Pay -> Transfer Positions, then Outgoing. Those are the types and you can read what are the supported securities etc.

Which broker are you transferring to? You can also send a support ticket to IBKR to confirm, and decide whether to transfer. (Help me check my issue above at the same time... :p)

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
From that page, yes, withdrawal means transferring out.

There are a few types of transfer. In client portal, click Menu -> Transfer & Pay -> Transfer Positions, then Outgoing. Those are the types and you can read what are the supported securities etc.

Which broker are you transferring to? You can also send a support ticket to IBKR to confirm, and decide whether to transfer. (Help me check my issue above at the same time... :p)

let me try! :s13:

Actually its my wife's account and she's trying to transfer it to her main Saxo account as she hardly trades and she only has AMZN on IBKR. The minimal transaction fees incurred every month quite bo hua for someone who only had 1 transaction in 6 months.

hwckhs

Reaction score
Btw, I am having trouble submitting support message to IBKR. After login to the portal, from Menu select Messages, and it hangs and after a minute shows me this:

The Portal works correctly now.

kristyneo

Reaction score
How do i make this go away in IBKR?

"You are trying to submit an order without having market data for this instrument. IB strongly recommends against this kind of blind trading which may result in erroneous or unexpected trades. Are you sure you want to submit this order?"

I have searched and saw similar query but whenever i click in, the post is not there probably due to the new interface. I understand need to subscribe to some live market data but unable to find the function in IBKR. Also just buying VWRA. i can refer to google or other live feed but thot it is best to have it within IBKR if the price for VWRA is available as a free market data since am new to this.

many thanks for any advice

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

za6kAiP.png

It has been like this since last night.

Is it down for everyone or just me?
try the app version instead of laptop when this happen

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do i make this go away in IBKR?

"You are trying to submit an order without having market data for this instrument. IB strongly recommends against this kind of blind trading which may result in erroneous or unexpected trades. Are you sure you want to submit this order?"

I have searched and saw similar query but whenever i click in, the post is not there probably due to the new interface. I understand need to subscribe to some live market data but unable to find the function in IBKR. Also just buying VWRA. i can refer to google or other live feed but thot it is best to have it within IBKR if the price for VWRA is available as a free market data since am new to this.

many thanks for any advice
just submit. ignore it if you know you have enough cash to buy the counter with a limit order.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.