iOs/Android Final Fantasy Record Keeper [JAP]

tidusboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another retarded question, when you face the boss and he hits you with Pyramid, do you un-pyramid yourself by using your own character to hit the pyramid unit?

Lv 20s should be able to do well for normal stage.... but imo the event is for physical hitters so bringing mage/low hp units is going for a challenging route (if Aeris didn't have her Synergy boost, I swear I won't bring her)...

one thing to note is that you need to upgrade your armor and weapons so spend sometime on daily dungeons to get your materials and gils for the upgrade... and combining your max weapon also makes a difference....

also to note, please try to upgrade/bring FFVII equipment for the event as synergy boost will increase stats...

try to equip more physical abilities like Blade Bash, Salve (if you don't want to bring healers), double cut if possible....

i dont really need to unpyramid myself. but depends on situation lor.

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
another retarded question, when you face the boss and he hits you with Pyramid, do you un-pyramid yourself by using your own character to hit the pyramid unit?

Lv 20s should be able to do well for normal stage.... but imo the event is for physical hitters so bringing mage/low hp units is going for a challenging route (if Aeris didn't have her Synergy boost, I swear I won't bring her)...

one thing to note is that you need to upgrade your armor and weapons so spend sometime on daily dungeons to get your materials and gils for the upgrade... and combining your max weapon also makes a difference....

also to note, please try to upgrade/bring FFVII equipment for the event as synergy boost will increase stats...

try to equip more physical abilities like Blade Bash, Salve (if you don't want to bring healers), double cut if possible....

bros! there no retarded question lar, we all here to learn from each other's experiences! Yup the onli way to 'free' ur character is to hit that same character to break the pyramid.
so in a nutshell, make use of synergy character + synergy equips. For those who wan to know how much increase synergy equip gives, I can onli give a rough example hor, I nv really go n 'investigate' , it usually give more than 50% boost to ur equip(need verification). I last did a check on my rydia, her def equip boosted by 64%.

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
u should not be using rydia for this event lolx. The optimal setup is 4 melee 1 healer

lol. I using rydia coz I wan lv her to lv50 asap then faster replace her. Then next time got any event need magic, at least I got a lv50 black mage on standby. 3 more level then she lv50 liao!!

MeanVegTon

Banned
Reaction score
According to Reddit, how we should be prioritizing characters for future materia

Tier 1
Cloud - M1 *10%Sword DMG is not too bad either if you have a high star weapon or a Buster Sword. M2 Counter has potential to be very helpful, especially during boss fights. Plus, most likely already one of your highest leveled characters.
Tyro - M1 10% and M2 20% bonus on weakness + spell blade or -ra spells can make short work of bosses.
Tidus - M1 Like most skills that proc when you are at Critical HP, one would hope you never reach this point. But M2 double soul gauge on attack means more likely to have soul break for bosses.
White Mage/Black Mage - M1 is not too bad depending on the chance, but M2 is like honing a spell another level, letting you cast more spells, though usually during trash mob rounds. But if there are more events like Baron Castle that have back to back bosses, that will give you some peace of mind.

Tier 2
Wakka - M1 Chance to preemptive attack depends on how often it procs. M2 I have very rarely missed any attacks, maybe that will change.
Kain - M1 Since only Kain and an unreleased character can use jump, it's not really that useful. M2 Confuse at start of battle is bad, but as some have said just poke the character with a mage staff and you should be ok, then steamroll over enemies.
PLD Cecil - M1 Another critical proc skill, though one that might let you survive another blow. M2 Heal with every attack! Makes autobattling more hands off.
Sephiroth - ATK up to 80% based on party members - depends on if it is the more party members the more powerful or less party members the more power (Assuming it is the latter)
Bard - M1 is character specific, especially since we only have 2 characters that can use instruments. But his M2, while a poor man's bladeblitz, would be helpful for farming low level trash. Not so good when you reach a boss, or when you are trying to sleep one of the mobs in a boss fight.

Tier 3
Rydia - M1 Another Crit Proc, this time Magic based. Almost 75% of the damage in the game is physical. M2 15% dmg for summons is very situational, and if you have not honed summons, it is a one shot deal.
Ranger - M1 Better at bows, which I hardly use! M2 10% chance to do more 280% damage, but I doubt you get to choose the target. With my luck I'd shoot the Ymr Shell every time.
DRK Cecil - M1&M2 do more damage but hurt you. If you have a healer or can salve yourself, it might be ok. Still a gamble.

Tier 4
Tifa - M1 a bonus to her own weapon type! Not great for other characters
Aerith - M1 does bonus holy damage, but have yet to have any really good holy spells. Few enemies have holy vulnerabilities.

Tier 10000
Warrior - No Materia. Keep warming that bench, buddy!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3354a9/prioritizing_characters_for_future_materia/

Reaction score
According to Reddit, how we should be prioritizing characters for future materia

Tier 1
Cloud - M1 *10%Sword DMG is not too bad either if you have a high star weapon or a Buster Sword. M2 Counter has potential to be very helpful, especially during boss fights. Plus, most likely already one of your highest leveled characters.
Tyro - M1 10% and M2 20% bonus on weakness + spell blade or -ra spells can make short work of bosses.
Tidus - M1 Like most skills that proc when you are at Critical HP, one would hope you never reach this point. But M2 double soul gauge on attack means more likely to have soul break for bosses.
White Mage/Black Mage - M1 is not too bad depending on the chance, but M2 is like honing a spell another level, letting you cast more spells, though usually during trash mob rounds. But if there are more events like Baron Castle that have back to back bosses, that will give you some peace of mind.

Tier 2
Wakka - M1 Chance to preemptive attack depends on how often it procs. M2 I have very rarely missed any attacks, maybe that will change.
Kain - M1 Since only Kain and an unreleased character can use jump, it's not really that useful. M2 Confuse at start of battle is bad, but as some have said just poke the character with a mage staff and you should be ok, then steamroll over enemies.
PLD Cecil - M1 Another critical proc skill, though one that might let you survive another blow. M2 Heal with every attack! Makes autobattling more hands off.
Sephiroth - ATK up to 80% based on party members - depends on if it is the more party members the more powerful or less party members the more power (Assuming it is the latter)
Bard - M1 is character specific, especially since we only have 2 characters that can use instruments. But his M2, while a poor man's bladeblitz, would be helpful for farming low level trash. Not so good when you reach a boss, or when you are trying to sleep one of the mobs in a boss fight.

Tier 3
Rydia - M1 Another Crit Proc, this time Magic based. Almost 75% of the damage in the game is physical. M2 15% dmg for summons is very situational, and if you have not honed summons, it is a one shot deal.
Ranger - M1 Better at bows, which I hardly use! M2 10% chance to do more 280% damage, but I doubt you get to choose the target. With my luck I'd shoot the Ymr Shell every time.
DRK Cecil - M1&M2 do more damage but hurt you. If you have a healer or can salve yourself, it might be ok. Still a gamble.

Tier 4
Aerith - M1 does bonus holy damage, but have yet to have any really good holy spells. Few enemies have holy vulnerabilities.

Tier 10000

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3354a9/prioritizing_characters_for_future_materia/

Thanks bud Really useful info there

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 10000

ok!! tyro will be my next character to up to lv50!!

MeanVegTon

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.