Ipad 6th gen or ipad 8th gen

xiaowei09

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advice. I am looking to buy a ipad for basic usage (web surfing, fb, instagram, netflix, telegram) at home to replace my laptop.

As such, i am comparing between apple refurbished ipad 6th gen or a 8th gen. I am thinking that 6th gen is released on 2018 and worried that it will stop software support soon. However, the pricing for 6th Gen is quite attractive. Please do help to provide some advice to this helpless guy. Thank you.

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of coz get the 8th gen. Its 2 generation ahead with the A12 chipsets. The 6th gen is cheap for good reason, don’t think you’ll be getting the worth since its a chipset from 2016.

robertgl

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advice. I am looking to buy a ipad for basic usage (web surfing, fb, instagram, netflix, telegram) at home to replace my laptop.

As such, i am comparing between apple refurbished ipad 6th gen or a 8th gen. I am thinking that 6th gen is released on 2018 and worried that it will stop software support soon. However, the pricing for 6th Gen is quite attractive. Please do help to provide some advice to this helpless guy. Thank you.
Go for the 8th Get if you can. Better future proofing.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would rather you go for the iPad Air 2019 which has a better and bigger display while having the same processor like the iPad 8th Gen.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score

Good news is, 7th gen also have the same processor. You should be good for another 2 years.
8th gen is more futureproof due to the A12 chip.

iPad Air 3 is selling for $599 for 64GB WiFi in Challenger.
It’s a better option if you can afford it.

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news is, 7th gen also have the same processor. You should be good for another 2 years.
8th gen is more futureproof due to the A12 chip.

iPad Air 3 is selling for $599 for 64GB WiFi in Challenger.
It’s a better option if you can afford it.
Yes IPad Air 3 also got the A12 chipset and the better screen compare to the ipad 8th gen.
Sounds like a plan! iPad is so addictive

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got the iPad air 3 based on your recommendation . didn't notice there is a 2018 iPad pro air. is the former still a better buy?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
iPad Pro 2018 you mean? That one has. A better processor, display and speakers but still it’s cost more than iPad Air 2019. You’ll be fine with iPad Air 2019 with your usage.

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can get the previous Gen iPad Air and the IPad Pro 2018 at good price at official Apple refurbished store.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.