iPad Pro 2020 (dual cam, trackpad support, floating keyboard)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. If you have the previous iPad Pro, then there is little reason to upgrade. Its perplexing why Apple bothered so much about improving the camera on an iPad when its either on a desk or in a bag most of the time. When I think tablet, I feel the screen is more important than some fancy camera array.

I rarely see people holding up tablets to take pics and definitely not for me. Think since I owned my 10.5” Pro last time, I never took a single pic on it haha...

icheb

Reaction score
I have been reading a quite a bit on the trackpad and mouse support for the iPad free the iOS update. It seems that this new feature is not a half-baked feature that most thought it would be.

The trackpad and mouse support is surprisingly robust and responsive from what I gathered. Apple has given quite a lot of thought in implementing this feature properly on the iOS iPad ecosystem. This will definitely give a lot more functionality and purpose to the iPad and I am tempted to get the Magic Trackpad 2, just to use for my iPad Pro. The upcoming Magic Keyboard that Apple will be releasing in May with the built-in trackpad is terribly expensive in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Anyone has used the iPad Pro with cursor support for an extended period of time already?

tec_geek

Reaction score
The iPadOS used to have mouse support but it wasn’t a main stream feature, more of an accessibility feature. Tried using that before and it works great. (But support for it on a Magic Mouse was made unavailable in 13.3)

Glad that it now becomes a main feature on iOS 13.4, especially on a .X and could have been on iOS 14 or the next major release.

Unless space (in bags) is a constraint and portability is a must, the Magic Keyboard is something that is nice and compatible with. But in my opinion, because of its price tag, it is more of a nice to have.

Currently for me, is using just a normal case, or one that allows for the Apple Pencil to magnetically to attach to and get a Bluetooth keyboard. Am using a Logitech Keys to Go, because of its lightweight + thinness. But it doesn’t have the best tactile feel of a keyboard, just good for normal typing but not for extended period of time.

Plus with 13.4 the mouse support, it works really great. No need to keep tapping on the screen to highlight and edit stuff.

Last edited:

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Cases for the new Pro's all delayed. Have to use them with cautious for the time being :vijayadmin:

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Wasted cannot get ipad and use it as a phone even though it has cellular functions

Glariel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not me. I like using mouse more than trackpad in any laptop or Mac. Even my MacBook Pro also have mouse.

I thinking of also getting Magic Mouse 2 also but don’t know can dual pair or not, so I can use it on my iPad Pros and MacBook

I have been reading a quite a bit on the trackpad and mouse support for the iPad free the iOS update. It seems that this new feature is not a half-baked feature that most thought it would be.

The trackpad and mouse support is surprisingly robust and responsive from what I gathered. Apple has given quite a lot of thought in implementing this feature properly on the iOS iPad ecosystem. This will definitely give a lot more functionality and purpose to the iPad and I am tempted to get the Magic Trackpad 2, just to use for my iPad Pro. The upcoming Magic Keyboard that Apple will be releasing in May with the built-in trackpad is terribly expensive in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Anyone has used the iPad Pro with cursor support for an extended period of time already?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Not me. I like using mouse more than trackpad in any laptop or Mac. Even my MacBook Pro also have mouse.

I thinking of also getting Magic Mouse 2 also but don’t know can dual pair or not, so I can use it on my iPad Pros and MacBook

It doesn’t dual pair. But at least if pairing back to the Mac is simply just plugging the Magic Mouse 2 via lightning cable.

Glariel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Early benchmarks and reviews of the 2020 iPad Pro have indicated that performance is only marginally better than the 2018 iPad Pro. This year’s model features a new A12Z Bionic processor, but early indications from Notebook Check suggest there are minimal physical differences compared to the 2018 iPad Pro’s A12X Bionic processor.

In its press release for the new iPad Pro, Apple said that one of the changes with the A12Z Bionic processor was the addition of an eighth GPU core.

Notebook Check, however, claims that it has confirmed the A12X Bionic processor from 2018 actually features 8 GPU cores, but that one is disabled. This would imply that Apple has simply enabled that eighth GPU core and changed the marketing name of the processor.

The report cites confirmation from TechInsights, a company focused on revealing the innards of SoCs:
Yuzo Fukuzaki, one of TechInsights’ Senior Technology Fellows, has confirmed that yes A12X physically has 8 GPU cores. As for the A12Z, we are planning to conduct floorplan analysis to confirm any differences from the A12X.”

Notebook Check goes on to explain more:
Essentially what this means is that, the A12X and A12Z are the same physical chip (pending the results of the A12Z floorplan analysis) with the same physical number of CPU and GPU cores. Anandtech feels that the A12Z could, in fact, be a re-binned variantof the A12X.

One possibility, as suggested in the report, is that Apple did not want to develop a new A13X processor for the spring iPad Pro update. Reports suggest that another new iPad Pro revision is coming this fall, and it could very well feature an A14X processor.

As we noted in our review roundup earlier this week, the 2020 iPad Pro refresh feels like an iterative refresh over the 2018 model. The biggest change is the new LiDAR Scanner on the back, but we’re still waiting on more applications to take advantage of that hardware.

There’s also the new Magic Keyboard with trackpad, but even it works with the 2018 iPad Pro.

We also expect to learn more about the 2020 iPad Pro’s A12Z Bionic processor as time progresses and more detailed teardown surface.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/03/26/2020-ipad-pro-processor-upgrade/

Zakhri32

Reaction score
Seems like the iPad Pro 2020 still have bending issues, guess I'll skip and wait for the 'rumored' mLED one.

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows whether this new ipad pro can split screen to run two 3rd party games to run concurrently on two windows?

As what i had seen, its only like the in-house apple apps, need to know whether game is possible as it will impact the sound output, etc.

BlueBull

Master Member
Reaction score
Ordered today to replace my 1st gen iPad Pro 9.7”. Must wait for delivery, expected in the week of 6-12 April.

However the cover that I ordered together arriving this weekend.

Glariel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ordered today to replace my 1st gen iPad Pro 9.7”. Must wait for delivery, expected in the week of 6-12 April.

Insufficient stocks due to the covid 19

carebeargal

Reaction score

I ordered on 25/3, initially delivery was 1/4-3/4 but now got pushed back to 6/4-8/4.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, did any of you bought Applecare+ for the iPad Pro? Is it worth it to get? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.