iPad Pro 2020 (dual cam, trackpad support, floating keyboard)

nangongjun

Reaction score
still the same liquid retina display mehhhh... no point upgrading for the camera leh. the hovering keyboard is still compatible with the 2018 one

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
The chip not much diff leh
A12Z

Z is simi? LOL

The keyboard super exp sia
$400+ for 11" and $500+ for 12.9"

stridersd

Reaction score
Disappointing.

Just a new variant of the A12 chip (not even A13 like last year iphone 11) and a new camera, which honestly not needed on a tablet. Pretty inconvenient to bring and use a tablet to snap pictures everywhere.

PetPet

Reaction score
u will be better off holding off ur purchase till May and buy it together with the trackpad keyboard.
No perk behind bundling the purchases anymore if I'm not wrong.
AppleCare+ will not apply to accessories like Apple Pencil or the Keyboard. You have to buy them individually.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm wrong :D
They do.

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks good though but I’ll stick to my still new 2018 model.

First impressions: Same design as 2018 model except for the rear camera, now similar with iPhone 11’s dual cameras but the LiDAR sensor for ToF for AR is more advanced than the one on my Note10+ which doesn’t matter since I don’t use them and I also never used an iPad to take pics.

Price still similar to 2018 model except for $1199 now you get 128GB instead of 64GB (wifi model). Still 64GB enough for me for iPad usage but the 128GB base capacity is a plus.

Keyboard seems much better than previous keyboard folio with an ‘actual’ keyboard rather than fabric covering over the keys which also makes typing unfriendly. I’ve to compare this with my Logitech’s slim folio pro as it’s currently still a wonderful experience to type on. I presume the new butterfly magic keyboard should be the same the 16” MBP. Backlit keys is a big plus over the older model as it’s really convenient on when you’ll need the keys to be lighted up when typing on very low light conditions. Hmm....trackpad for iPad?? Ermm...I think I use my pencil or finger to tap on the screen is still faster than a moving cursor. The new floating design is unique with a USB-C port on one side of the hinge which can be used to charge the iPad Pro, rather than the traditional way of plugging it from the bottom. Last thing for the new magic keyboard, it still has no protection for the sides of the iPad when closed, although much slimmer as compared to the Logitech slim folio pro.

All these being said, the new 2020 iPad Pro seems to be an ever speedier demon as the 2018 model’s A12X is already lightning fast, not to say the A12Z, plus wifi 6 as seen on the iPhone 11 series. But the magic keyboard’s $400+ and $500+ price tag for the 11” and 12.9” respectively is really expensive.

If I never bought my 2018 model early last month, I’d definitely get this but at that time I really needed my iPad since my 2017 model broke down, but overall no regrets too for the 2018 model. This 2020 model will be great for early 2018 model adopters or new iPad Pro buyers.

Cheers! :)

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 difference is the inclusion of Wi-Fi 6 on the new iPad Pro as compared to the Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) on the previous models ;)

youhsueh

Reaction score
No perk behind bundling the purchases anymore if I'm not wrong.
AppleCare+ will not apply to accessories like Apple Pencil or the Keyboard. You have to buy them individually.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.

It does based on Apple site.

...AppleCare+ extends your iPad, Apple Pencil, and Apple-branded iPad keyboard coverage to two years from your Applecare+ purchase date...

Zakhri32

Reaction score
The price for the 11" looks attractive now but am wondering if they have fix the 'bend' issue.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Thought the pricing slightly lower?

256gb WiFi iPad Pro 11 (2018) - $1,419.
Same model configuration for 2020 - $1,349.

kudo2904

Reaction score
Thought the pricing slightly lower?

256gb WiFi iPad Pro 11 (2018) - $1,419.
Same model configuration for 2020 - $1,349.

Yes cheaper storage upgrade from the base configuration.

Have ordered a 12.9 after selling my 11 Pro last week. 6GB of RAM will be nice.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes cheaper storage upgrade from the base configuration.

Have ordered a 12.9 after selling my 11 Pro last week. 6GB of RAM will be nice.
currently have a 10.5-inch ipad pro.

thinking abt upgrading to 11-inch ipad pro.

the total cost of 256gb wifi + magic keyboard = macbook air price

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.