Iphone Xs and Xs Max reviews

derkaiser94

Reaction score
wah so positive the review. lucky I bought the gold already. seems like thats the right choice

Eidekos

Reaction score
display differences would be minimal, if ur comjng from 8plus or 7plus, would be great upgrade without hurting pocket so much.

problem is what color would u get, haha, with quite a few options to choose 😂😅

if ur coming from X, then likley u can wait for next year or money is not issue, the xs max gold is the key 🤔

aikishi86

Reaction score
2j65mw3.jpg

jordanlah

Reaction score
Any update on Singtel e-sim compatibility and when can use? thanks

Even when Singtel roll out e-sim... I might be hesitant to switch from the physical sim... because if we roam to a country without e-sim compatibility... we are not reachable in the local number.... :(

aikishi86

Reaction score
Review set?

How come Apple never give Kim Huat a set to review.

not review set, actual set that will be releasing tomorrow. In this case, these are being delivered to telco VIP customers currently.

seriously i also cannot wait to get my hand on the phone.

Eidekos

Reaction score
yeah true. might better get HK sets then

Even when Singtel roll out e-sim... I might be hesitant to switch from the physical sim... because if we roam to a country without e-sim compatibility... we are not reachable in the local number.... :(

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Not bad for Apple’s first buttonless big phone iPhone XS Max. I feel that smartphones now has reached the top of the bell curve already for a phone with speed, good battery life, no button (iPhone XS Max and Samsung Note 9). So this Max most prob can last me for 2 yrs. May skip to buy next yr A13 Bionic chip. Don’t like 13 lol.

weizhen77

Reaction score

Where did you get this information? Doesn't sound to me how eSIM works.

Isn't eSIM supposed to work like normal SIM, the difference is eSIM is embedded within the phone, where else SIM is separated from phone physically. Functional wise, to switch Telco (i.e. M1 to Starhub), eSIM will switch M1 profile "softwarely" over the air to Starhub profile after you done signing the "paper works". As for SIM, we switch physically the SIM cards.

When you roam, both eSIM and SIM supposed to behave the same since there is no change in profile. Roaming is part of the profile provided by the Telcos.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where did you get this information? Doesn't sound to me how eSIM works.

Isn't eSIM supposed to work like normal SIM, the difference is eSIM is embedded within the phone, where else SIM is separated from phone physically. Functional wise, to switch Telco (i.e. M1 to Starhub), eSIM will switch M1 profile "softwarely" over the air to Starhub profile after you done signing the "paper works". As for SIM, we switch physically the SIM cards.

When you roam, both eSIM and SIM supposed to behave the same since there is no change in profile. Roaming is part of the profile provided by the Telcos.

I think this is what he means.

For e.g. you’re on SingTel eSIM locally.
Assuming SingTel ties with Digi in Malaysia. Digi doesn’t support eSIM. So when you go into Malaysia, will you be having any connection? Cause Digi doesn’t support eSIM.

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this is what he means.

For e.g. you’re on SingTel eSIM locally.
Assuming SingTel ties with Digi in Malaysia. Digi doesn’t support eSIM. So when you go into Malaysia, will you be having any connection? Cause Digi doesn’t support eSIM.
Probably yes. Since you are basically riding on SingTel to provide you the Digi signals.

A SIM card is just like a username & password only.

Last time Xiaomi already can use their phone to buy Singapore data usage on taobao to use. And we didn’t even need any SIM cards .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.