IPUK UHD8592 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Universal Player - My Short Take

Audio

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a question, did anyone of you watch a true Dolby Vision movie on a high-end TV that supports Dolby Vision?

Having a TV that supports Dolby Vision is not enough to display a good movie with Dolby Vision.
Recently I purchased a TV with Dolby Vision and played Shang Chi(HDR version) from my media player. Quite happy with the images but when this movie is available through Disney+, what a big difference it is.

The colors seem natural with clear images and the fast action fight scene is very clear.
My son's friend came over to watch the movie and noticed his PRISM (with Dolby Vision) is not as good as ours.

I watched another movie example, Captain Marvel, not as good as Shang Chi.
You have to consider many factors in order to enjoy a good movie in Dolby Vision.

Coming back to the conversion DV to HDR, no matter how many conversions you do still, the images are not Dolby Vision.
You have to get a TV(quite a high-end set) with Dolby Vision in order to really enjoy Dolby Vision.

You are right.

We are using projector in our Home Theatre. What are we to do? No projector does DV. So we go for the second best thing, we do DV converted to HDR. It still have some benefits. Further more, now with the RTD 1619 VS10 engine, we can now watch all non-DV in DV. Everything I watch now is an improvement over my last viewing (without conversion).

Took me a while to get DV to activate in the playback chain. Need to config such a few things correctly. Even you play a UHD DV disc in your player and you hook it top a DV capable TV, you may not get DV playback....it is not that simple.

I got a $5K LG OLED that does DV and indicate it at the corner when the programs starts. I also got a $25K Sony Laser projector that cannot do DV but the conversion helps even though it is not truly DV. This is because the DV data is extracted by frame rather than taken from the entire movie (HDR's method) so that the picture can be more easily optimized.

(Audio)

petetherock

Reaction score
I have a question, did anyone of you watch a true Dolby Vision movie on a high-end TV that supports Dolby Vision?

Having a TV that supports Dolby Vision is not enough to display a good movie with Dolby Vision.
Recently I purchased a TV with Dolby Vision and played Shang Chi(HDR version) from my media player. Quite happy with the images but when this movie is available through Disney+, what a big difference it is.

The colors seem natural with clear images and the fast action fight scene is very clear.
My son's friend came over to watch the movie and noticed his PRISM (with Dolby Vision) is not as good as ours.

I watched another movie example, Captain Marvel, not as good as Shang Chi.
You have to consider many factors in order to enjoy a good movie in Dolby Vision.

Coming back to the conversion DV to HDR, no matter how many conversions you do still, the images are not Dolby Vision.
You have to get a TV(quite a high-end set) with Dolby Vision in order to really enjoy Dolby Vision.
You'll need a good TV that can achieve a certain level of performance and for HDR, you'll need 600 nits and up..
Many budget sets don't even get close to a third of this..
https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs...R TVs typically,to deliver an HDR experience.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new Mo just arrived and I replaced it with the instructions from the seller. Now everything working ok. Need to monitor over the next few days

IMG-20211231-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20211231-175531.jpg

IMG-20211231-175546.jpg

IMG-20211231-175652.jpg

As usual. Great service from seller (y)

alcatrazz

Reaction score
The new Mo just arrived and I replaced it with the instructions from the seller. Now everything working ok. Need to monitor over the next few days

IMG-20211231-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20211231-175531.jpg

IMG-20211231-175546.jpg

IMG-20211231-175652.jpg

As usual. Great service from seller (y)
Hi....may I know how much this player cost? Thanks!

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi....may I know how much this player cost? Thanks!
The price is on their Malaysian website in the starting post. Just convert to Sing dolllar will do.

Otherwise, call the seller

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.