iRobot Scooba experience - Part 2

Seraphim13

Reaction score
iRobot Scooba experience

Considering getting one.

Come share your experience with it and where/how much you got it for. Locally only seems to have one model available. Hoping to get Scooba 380 instead since it seems to be able to cover my whole flat (4 rm) in one charge.

Please no flaming in this thread.

uno_bliss

Reaction score
Let me know if you succeed in the mods... i'm very interested in the mod as well... We shall hail it as Scooba PLUS then! Btw it should not use micro fibre cloth... a chamois to absorb water might be better...
Might as well just use Melamine sponge from Daiso at $2. I think some are thin type, or the thick type just use pen knife can slice. Then use double side tape or some super glue stick on a transparency (as the backing), then the transparency use double side tape to paste behind Scooba bottom. Settled. Remove just peel off, paste new double side tape.

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
The roboking 6260 vs 6270, diff is 6270 is auto on the turbo mode? Worth it to purchase the 6270 just for Tt mode? Or just get 6260 will do?

Are roboking does well for mopping? Instead of vacuum only.. Cos seems the review for mopping toward scooba..

Help pls..

uno_bliss

Reaction score
Which is the latest irobot scooba? Is there a specific model?
Latest Scooba is 390, but later batches of Scooba 380 has same newer software v7, but with 3 more accessories that other models don't have.
The machine itself is exact same thing: cleaning performance, physical weight, movement speed & same internal design.

The older versions Scooba 380 & other Scooba models (the blue colour models), could be slower, heavier & some internal design differences.

Initially I thought the grey rubber parts on Scooba 390 that replaced the black rubber parts from earlier models, are to be more wear resistance. But later I've verified, they're just for colour differentiation & still wears out the same way.

babyDino

Reaction score
Need some urgent help on my scooba.

It's not working again. When I turned on the power, it will move a bit, then stop, then move again, then stop. After few times, it will turn on the 'I'm stuck' error and beep 5 times.
I think it's one of the wheel cannot spin smoothly.

Who can help me to repair and what is the cost involved?

I tried to contact the seller, but to date, I did not managed to get his reply. He didn't even reply my email or accept the call.
Been having some problem with the scooba on and off. It's just barely one year of usage but I have sent it to repair at least 2 times.

uno_bliss

Reaction score

It's not working again. When I turned on the power, it will move a bit, then stop, then move again, then stop. After few times, it will turn on the 'I'm stuck' error and beep 5 times.

I tried to contact the seller, but to date, I did not managed to get his reply. He didn't even reply my email or accept the call.
Been having some problem with the scooba on and off. It's just barely one year of usage but I have sent it to repair at least 2 times.
I believe u're in M'sia, so I roughly know who sold u the Scooba. If ur seller simply not contactable, u can PM or email me unobliss@yahoo.com

If ur seller is who I think he is, I can ask him to settle for u. Else, u'll need to bring to S'pore & pass me to repair.
Here's my repair ad: uno bliss | eBay

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wah, who you buy it from? So fast run road already?

uno_bliss

Reaction score
Like that you also know ... :s12:
babyDino PM me before to ask about differences in Roomba models. Told me before is in M'sia.

I thought the seller is Kimsim, but turns out is not. I shall leave babyDino to reveal who's the seller.
babyDino is in process of arranging the Scooba to pass me for repair, hope the seller can own up soon & sort out, or get slimed here.

belgarionx

Reaction score
Autovacstore and Robovacshop

Just wanted to share this so that others are aware of the situation and perhaps someone can explain to me whether true or false.

I'm an owner of a Neato XV-11 and I'm looking for a battery replacement. I compared prices between Autovacstore and Robovacshop and Robovacshop's online store stated $90 whereas Autovacstore stated $130. So I asked Robovacshop and they replied as follows (see Whatsapp image capture: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=36B8F7748DE857E7!1166&authkey=!AP41uVnmQf7EzBM) . So those buying from Robovacshop, please take note that the prices on the website are not accurate. And owner of Robovacshop, please update your prices to reflect the true rates.

But interesting enough, when I checked with autovacstore, they said there's only 1 type of battery. Hmmm... so what's the story I wonder....

By the way, not trying to flame anyone, I'm providing feedback and information to save others from this hassle.

Last edited:

uno_bliss

Reaction score
I'm an owner of a Neato XV-11 and I'm looking for a battery replacement.
Despite I don't sell Neato, nor a big fan of my Neato XV11, but I can build u a Neato battery that's 4100 mAh, about 150% of the Neato XV11 battery.
I'll use iRobot Scooba original battery cells. Or if u don't need such high capacity, I can use lower capacity battery cells 3500 mAh, still higher than Neato cells.

Pls PM or email me unobliss@yahoo.com if interested.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Meaning... if you order through the online store for $90, the store won't honour it?

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Despite I don't sell Neato, nor a big fan of my Neato XV11, but I can build u a Neato battery that's 4100 mAh, about 150% of the Neato XV11 battery.
I'll use iRobot Scooba original battery cells. Or if u don't need such high capacity, I can use lower capacity battery cells 3500 mAh, still higher than Neato cells.

Pls PM or email me unobliss@yahoo.com if interested.

Hmm, curious to know how much you'd charge to build a pair of 4100 mAh or 3500 mAh Neato batt packs... please pm me, thanks!

Also, how much to rebuild a Scooba batt pack (I've ripped open two old packs, but haven't got the tools to check if any of the cells are salvagable).

uno_bliss

Reaction score
Hmm, curious to know how much you'd charge to build a pair of 4100 mAh or 3500 mAh Neato batt packs... please pm me, thanks!

Also, how much to rebuild a Scooba batt pack (I've ripped open two old packs, but haven't got the tools to check if any of the cells are salvagable).
I'll just add $10 conversion fee on top of the price of Scooba batteries I'm selling.
So $130+$10 if use original Scooba battery 4100 mAh NiMH, $90+$10 if use non-original Scooba battery 3500 mAh NiMH

For ur case, if u got 2 weak Scooba batts, in theory, I can combine them into a useful Neato battery. But cell testing & soldering is a very time-consuming process, which I'll have to charge $30 fee.
But good news is that battery packs that can't run Scooba can probably run Neato, cos Neato current draw is less than Scooba.

FYI, I don't readily have the battery connector socket head for Neato battery but can re-use from unwanted Neato NiMH battery packs. I can buy the connector head though.

Also, I'm quite busy with my own iRobot biz, so these Neato related matters is just "by the way...". ie. need to wait.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.