Is 80K salary a year alot?

jamwithyou

Reaction score
I guess when you are alone and dont have any family it will be enough but when you have a family then i guess it wont be enough?😂

Abide.

Reaction score
Got a pay bump and surpassed the 100k mark which I never tot I would in the past this year. I thought I would be happier and able to live more comfortably but still can’t really splurge. Guess we would never be satisfied

no car, single without apartment yet

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
Got a pay bump and surpassed the 100k mark which I never tot I would in the past this year. I thought I would be happier and able to live more comfortably but still can’t really splurge. Guess we would never be satisfied

no car, single without apartment yet
Same here, 100K is at the point where it feels substantial but you still can't really afford car or house comfortably as a single

NeverTooLate

Reaction score
I am earning $80k/annum, driving a renewed COE car, still manageable. Car/COE price is one thing, it is the ever rising Petrol prices that are killing all Vehicle owners. I am going to SPC for my 95 cos it is the cheapest at $2.49/litre. 😬

Single, no wife no kids to feed, I would say I am pretty comfortable with my life. Can go holidays twice a year, can jiak restaurant once every week, rest of the meals I usually eat at Hawkers and Coffeeshops. After deducting allowance for my mum and all the expenses, I can still set aside and transfer 1.5k to my rainy day account.
If you don't mind sharing, how old are you currently? But really nice that you're literally living and enjoying the Bachelor's life to the fullest. Haha

Abide.

Reaction score
80k is normal only. I am on 100k.
Living a simple life only
You find that you wouldn’t really change your habits because it’s really not that much.
Do I give less thought before dining outside (not high end of course) or buying an item which catches my eye? For sure.

But lifestyle fundamentally remains the same. Very much also becoz you realise you have slightly more financial leeway for spending and that’s about it.
Of course I am not complaining. Many are in a worse spot than me and I would have never imagined I would have earn this much (little) when I graduated

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
You find that you wouldn’t really change your habits because it’s really not that much.
Do I give less thought before dining outside (not high end of course) or buying an item which catches my eye? For sure.

But lifestyle fundamentally remains the same. Very much also becoz you realise you have slightly more financial leeway for spending and that’s about it.
Of course I am not complaining. Many are in a worse spot than me and I would have never imagined I would have earn this much (little) when I graduated
Any plans to increase your income further? If you don't mind sharing, what is your age and industry as well?

fishypop

Reaction score
Im on 112k all-in age 31 I already feel **** compared to my peers same age who are all on 150k/160k to even 200k 😒

Abide.

Reaction score
Any plans to increase your income further? If you don't mind sharing, what is your age and industry as well?
Not actively pursuing because that means I need to get promoted. Of course more is always better so take things as they come. But don’t over stress just to get that increment la… abit change in life goals compared to when I’m younger. Everything comes with a price.

in my early 30s in banking (not a banker)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.