Is 80K salary a year alot?

loveburgersandfries

Reaction score
80k salary per year is average only. with the high cost of living in singapore, i think it is just nice to have a decent life.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bul**** lah. I sole breadwinner with 2 schoolgoing kids, just hit 6 digits annually, live in 4rms, used to drive, now stop driving coz cannot tahan oledy.
No car then can breathe a little
I am single with 6 digits annually and I still don’t think it’s enough for me. 6 digits annually with 2 kids is just a nightmare on the expenses.

to have 2 kids, $15k a month is probably just getting by.

Lavacake

Reaction score
Used to think it’s quite a lot, was drawing US$50k basic until competitor poach and offered a very attractive offer.

Immediately now double my basic so become not a lot and got worried if this is actually sustainable

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$80K only can let you eat out at restaurants now and then. Cannot buy anything of significance such as car and property

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$80K only can let you eat out at restaurants now and then. Cannot buy anything of significance such as car and property

This. At 80k can't afford to maintain a car one.

Rather stress free worry lesser and build towards retirement planning.

Cometdevil

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This. At 80k can't afford to maintain a car one.

Rather stress free worry lesser and build towards retirement planning.
is cannot buy new car and atas property to haoliao only bah.
make do abit buy a secondhand car for sole purpose for essential commuting and a cheap small BTO / resale paying by your CPF is ok de ma.

but of course in edmw here everyone except me earns 20k and drive bmw merc tesla kind of car =(

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is cannot buy new car and atas property to haoliao only bah.
make do abit buy a secondhand car for sole purpose for essential commuting and a cheap small BTO / resale paying by your CPF is ok de ma.

but of course in edmw here everyone except me earns 20k and drive bmw merc tesla kind of car =(
Even 2nd hand car these days gotta fork out average $2K per month all in costs. Almost 40% of take home pay used to fund car is just plain dumb

Cometdevil

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even 2nd hand car these days gotta fork out average $2K per month all in costs. Almost 40% of take home pay used to fund car is just plain dumb
if need to have car then still can squeeze out la.
if only is want to have then for me is i would rather dont want la.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am single with 6 digits annually and I still don’t think it’s enough for me. 6 digits annually with 2 kids is just a nightmare on the expenses.

to have 2 kids, $15k a month is probably just getting by.
15k is including mortages?

niefeng80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m 42kpa

but the fresh grads I know are already $80kpa on their first job. Sign i
On army with degree also more than $80k

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
80k gross translates to around $5450 take home per month. If I am earning that amount

$800 Parents allowance
$1200 Cash saving for housing downpayment in 5-6 years time
$1500 Investment for retirement
$250 Insurance premium
$500 Cash savings for overseas holiday/unexpected expenses/toys/hobbies
$200 Entertainment/Drinking/outing with friends

Means only left $1000 for daily transport, phone bill, other bill, and food. Also means the only affordable food is still cai png everyday.........

And this is as a single

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.