Is 80K salary a year alot?

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
80k solo, good life. You don't need a lot to survive one. 30k, you can feed ur stomach solo liao.
80k solo cant be good life lar

cant even get $500K loan, cant even afford a studio apartment

unless you meant living in a 3 room HDB is consider good life

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 person not a lot..
2 person .. is $160k ..
in singapore.. can live in condo and drive conti car ...
landed also can if u stretch abit
combine income $160k stretch a bit can stay landed?

msia ah lol

omgwtflol

Reaction score
Currently 31 single, all in income (gross income, CPF, Rental income, Investment income) about $115k.

As a single it is definitely enough. But when need to settle down, there could be some adjustment to income such as no longer drawing rental income (to cohabit with +1).

The only way to have enough is pay raise of another 20% to 30% or even more.

TDLR: 80k is ok for single. But not ok if want family. Girls normally spend more as that is what you want them to do (Reduce stress, maintain youth, look good)

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
80k solo cant be good life lar

cant even get $500K loan, cant even afford a studio apartment

unless you meant living in a 3 room HDB is consider good life
Agreed, currently single 27, my solo income only slightly above 100K pa. I want to move out get my own place but it's not possible unless I make like 200K pa based on the prices of condos these days. Sad to continue living with parents.

blurredprint

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed, currently single 27, my solo income only slightly above 100K pa. I want to move out get my own place but it's not possible unless I make like 200K pa based on the prices of condos these days. Sad to continue living with parents.
With your income i would rent a studio/coliving space outside... even if you can have your own place at 200k pa in your mid to late 30s the feeling is already different.

Just invest the balance and maximise your lifestyle, so you don't hold any regrets later on in life :)

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
With your income i would rent a studio/coliving space outside... even if you can have your own place at 200k pa in your mid to late 30s the feeling is already different.

Just invest the balance and maximise your lifestyle, so you don't hold any regrets later on in life :)
You make a fair point, do you have experience with renting/co-living can share?

blurredprint

Master Member
Reaction score
You make a fair point, do you have experience with renting/co-living can share?
I got lucky in my late 20s since I snagged a chance to rent a studio below market rate, back then co-living concept was also not as trendy as today. I would think co-living is useful if you prioritise an easy fix to social connections/networking, while own stay you get more privacy and to host gatherings.

Fondly recall friends and I would pop open good wine/whisky at my place :D

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
I got lucky in my late 20s since I snagged a chance to rent a studio below market rate, back then co-living concept was also not as trendy as today. I would think co-living is useful if you prioritise an easy fix to social connections/networking, while own stay you get more privacy and to host gatherings.

Fondly recall friends and I would pop open good wine/whisky at my place :D
Fml...now rent also chao chao cost $1.6K at these co-living places. Did you get your own place after?

walceab

Reaction score
is below average. typical salary of a sinkie is 8k per month. 1 year is 96k.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Walao here so many high flyers >100k at 27 years old. Wtf man. That’s like fresh grad only, may I ask what industry and role.

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
80k is like 30% of my annual income. of cos cannot

walceab

Reaction score
in fact it is a shame to earn 80k annually. i always heard that it is only right to hit 100k per annum

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.