Is 80K salary a year alot?

JKONG77

Reaction score
It all about perspective and how you live your live la. I do not agree 200K pa cannot survive unless you have a big family to take care of or some heavy debt or liabilities like medical bills.

Just some hypothetical
Rent - 1.5K per month = $18K
Transport - 10 dollars per day = $3650
Meal - 20 dollars per day = $7300
Utilities and phone bills - 300 per month = $3600
Medical insurance = $2K per year

That works out to be 34K a year; assume you load it up with 30% extra spending - $45K a year. ...

of course, instead of 20 dollars per day on meal, one can easily spend 2K per day on meal - this is Singapore - you can eat cheap or eat expensive.

public transport is still very affordable.

Cannot afford to buy a house? nothing wrong with renting.

so ... its all in perspective.

IceShelterX

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah 200k pa cannot survived means you bought a mansion on installment... just go stay HDB... 200k pa can one shot pay 2 room flat liao... next year 200k one shot buy a KIA still got a lot extra money back to survive pandemic....

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By edmwers standard of $20k a month, its not alot..

gracehsu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u asking whether $80k annual sal is a lot anot.. I can share that a fresh grad sal will be abt $6k after 2-3 years

if u asking whether $80k it’s enuff for comfortable living, I’ll say yes.

crazycow

Banned
Reaction score
$80K pa is not an uncommon total comp for fresh grad nowadays.

Easiest way to tell if your income is comfortable enough is to peg it to property price, since that is most people's largest expense

izwhiccb

Reaction score
It depends on your age group. You may refer to this website to view the median salaries.

dollarsandsense.sg/whats-median-salary-singapore-every-age-gender-education-race/

en_8_en

Master Member
Reaction score
ya. now all say fresh grad 80k .

knn, maybe my circle of interaction all too low ses is it.
here easily all meeting 20s earning few hundered K. maciam all forbes under 30 level.

HWZ got networking session or not? I want go learn from all the dragons lei knn

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.