Is it fair to force people to buy bundle?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, they only bundle the 16GB IPad with screen protector. Last time I check, their website shows the pricing without the bundle. Ok la, it is their website and they have the rights to change to whatever they want. :s13:

iPad Mini and iPad with Retina display

Hi,

By coincidence, I've just been into the iStudio in Somerset to check.

They're doing the bundle for all iPad minis. The value of the screen protector is $39. In the airport I calculated they are charging between $35 and $40 for the force bundled screen protector.

They are ONLY doing the forced bundle for the 16gb new iPad (wifi and cellular) in the airport. There is no bundle in their outlet for any full-size iPad.

I still haven't heard from iStudio yet.

What are you planning to do?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, this is their IPhone 5 price at the airport:

1. 16GB = $1054
2. 32GB = $1202
3. 64GB = $1348

Haha! There is no GST rebate and screen protector. Indirectly telling us to shutup...:s13:

njstone9

Reaction score

1. 16GB = $1054
2. 32GB = $1202
3. 64GB = $1348

Haha! There is no GST rebate and screen protector. Indirectly telling us to shutup...:s13:

You mean there's no forced bundle and no GST rebate?

njstone9

Reaction score
Yes. The price is much higher than apple store. For sure no GST and confirm no screen protector. I asked before and I take a snapshot of the pricing.

Wait. They're charging MORE in the airport than outside of the airport? Even after taking away GST?

Surely we can nail them on that?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait. They're charging MORE in the airport than outside of the airport? Even after taking away GST?

Surely we can nail them on that?

Cannot nail la. Changi airport will say all their shops sell same price so it is ok.

DQUEK123

Reaction score

1. 16GB = $1054
2. 32GB = $1202
3. 64GB = $1348

Orchard area apple premium shops are selling 16GB ip5 at $1088.... What's new?

njstone9

Reaction score
Cannot nail la. Changi airport will say all their shops sell same price so it is ok.

We certainly can nail them:

"In order to give our shoppers better confidence, we have put in place a scheme where customers are refunded 2x the price difference should they find any price discrepancy at the airport versus the major downtown department stores/retailers in our comparison list."

Are all products in the airport sold GST free?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We certainly can nail them:

"In order to give our shoppers better confidence, we have put in place a scheme where customers are refunded 2x the price difference should they find any price discrepancy at the airport versus the major downtown department stores/retailers in our comparison list."

Are all products in the airport sold GST free?

From what I know, product sold in airport is GST free

njstone9

Reaction score
From what I know, product sold in airport is GST free

Then the retailers have to sell products in the airport for 7% cheaper than outside. Otherwise they're effectively charging more - and Changi say they'll refund twice the price discrepancy.

Looks like we have a case for that with the iPhones, and with the screen protectors for the iPad mini.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think we can try but it is tough to deal with Changi airport. They seems to say a lot but what they say sometimes don't make sense thus I wonder whether they will honor their claims. They can always say it is the business strategy for IStudio to sell at a higher price and as long as IStudio price in the airport is cheaper than IStudio price in town, then it is perfectly acceptable....

Having said that, let us see what is the outcome of that meeting since one of our forumers will be meeting them and IStudio....

So far, my personal experience with Changi airport authorities is they talk a lot but their position is to stay on top of the fence whereas IStudio only reply one email which I am totally clueless about what they are talking about. The only wise thing they have did so far is to update their website ....

njstone9

Reaction score
I think we can try but it is tough to deal with Changi airport. They seems to say a lot but what they say sometimes don't make sense thus I wonder whether they will honor their claims. They can always say it is the business strategy for IStudio to sell at a higher price and as long as IStudio price in the airport is cheaper than IStudio price in town, then it is perfectly acceptable....

Having said that, let us see what is the outcome of that meeting since one of our forumers will be meeting them and IStudio....

So far, my personal experience with Changi airport authorities is they talk a lot but their position is to stay on top of the fence whereas IStudio only reply one email which I am totally clueless about what they are talking about. The only wise thing they have did so far is to update their website ....

Well maybe I should write back to Changi with this additional info. They're definitely charging too much for the iPhones. It looks like a prima facie case to activate Changi's price guarantee mechanism.

njstone9

Reaction score

1. 16GB = $1054
2. 32GB = $1202
3. 64GB = $1348

I can't find these prices on the iStudio website. Can you provide a link?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took a picture with my iPhone when I am at their terminal 3 shop. If you need, I can email u

njstone9

Reaction score
I took a picture with my iPhone when I am at their terminal 3 shop. If you need, I can email u

Yes please. If they're obliged to offer GST free prices in the airport then the airport price has to be lower than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Changi didn't really check the competition prices.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Njstone, IStudio is selling 16gb iPhone 5 in the city store at $1088. Haha! More ex than airport. We don't stand a chance already. If u r still interested, drop me ur email and I will send u the photo I took

njstone9

Reaction score
Njstone, IStudio is selling 16gb iPhone 5 in the city store at $1088. Haha! More ex than airport. We don't stand a chance already. If u r still interested, drop me ur email and I will send u the photo I took

Of course we can get them. Since they have to take off 7% GST, you can therefore calculate they've upped the price to 1133 in the airport. Take away the 7% and you get 1054.

I still haven't heard back from Changi or iStudio. Why am I the only person who hasn't been invited to speak to iStudio in person?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course we can get them. Since they have to take off 7% GST, you can therefore calculate they've upped the price to 1133 in the airport. Take away the 7% and you get 1054.

I still haven't heard back from Changi or iStudio. Why am I the only person who hasn't been invited to speak to iStudio in person?

They are afraid of u. Haha! Please pm me ur email address again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.