Is it fair to force people to buy bundle?

Laneige

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've worked at the airport before. As a matter of fact, if you are holding a Singapore passport & if the ICA officer found you have bought an expensive item (i.e. laptop, expensive phone) during the clearance check, you're required to pay tax. If you observe a little more, the Point-of-Sales cash register at the airport are the same for all the stores. In the system, the cashier must indicate if the customer is holding a local passport.

Should the ICA officer identify any (large amt) tax exemption given to a local, both customer & store may be subjected to a fine. Other dutiable items like alcohol purchase has a limit to the qty of bottle purchased. Tobacco products are not tax-exempted at all.

but ho like last yr i travelled n they said its GST free because of some airport promotion. sometimes they have promotion like no GST at airport right? even outside the transit area also no tax :s11: think sometimes must check the on going promotion.
they will ask for flight no#
local passport or not no idea. only know for liquor the standard rules applied

bluewave

Reaction score
Here's the article. Some of the people who queued said that iStudio does that every year during launch and even the retail staff have given feedback to their management eLush but eLush did not take their feedback and continued to enforce the unethical bundling. Seems like now that ST wrote an article, they won't pull such tricks. I suspect they might do that to foreigners who enquire at the store in the Airport still.

1469939_10151862518418172_230966566_n.jpg

Last edited:

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Istudio and elush can lose distributorship for such practise . isnt it?
I have not buy from them but the rest of you should write in to apple singapore

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder who is so powerful to write in to straits times? Can we have one article on the Chinese papers as well? Haha

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overall, I feel if management accept it is their mistakes and willing to change, they should be forgiven. Now, I see excuses like no endorsement etc which makes me pissed off.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should send this article to apple.com :)

minute_me

Reaction score
I want to buy ipad mini at the airport and wrote to istudio. they say no reservation as ipad mini is in high demand. they also did not mention anything about the bundling of the screen protector.

Guess just have to try my luck when i reach changi.

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to buy ipad mini at the airport and wrote to istudio. they say no reservation as ipad mini is in high demand. they also did not mention anything about the bundling of the screen protector.

Guess just have to try my luck when i reach changi.

they have lifted the bundle crap, you just have to hope that there are stocks at the airport

warhunter

Reaction score
iStudio again ah. LOL. when i bought my iphone 5 from them after queueing for the launch. They force me to QUEUE AGAIN to activate my iphone after paying. I just kan their staff and walk out with my iphone.:s22:

Sunray69

Reaction score
Epic at Jem also force me to buy a screen protector when I brought my Air. The guy who serve me say it is a must buy but he did not force me to buy an expensive and useless things. I just choose the cheapest screen protector.

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Epic at Jem also force me to buy a screen protector when I brought my Air. The guy who serve me say it is a must buy but he did not force me to buy an expensive and useless things. I just choose the cheapest screen protector.

EpiCentre did clarify shortly after that JEM was the only outlet with such rule and promised no such nonsense in future

Wolfmaster

Reaction score
I have send some email to Istudio... to check out any sale of Ipad mini Retina LTE at airport....
but no reply at all..

give up hope lah...

keigo22

Reaction score
I got mine 64GB iPad Air 4G at Sydney Airport which is cheaper by $100+ compare to SG Apple online.

Problem free and good customer service. Don't even need to entertain the bull **** of bundle sale.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.