Is it fair to force people to buy bundle?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys

I just flew back from aboard and I swing by at IStudio in T2. I realize that as airport doesn't allow shops to charge GST, IStudio force us to buy a piece of dunno what screen protect at $33. If we don't buy, then they won't sell IPad. This is rubbish!

I feel this action is so unfair. I told them I rather pay 7% GST and buy at other shop to contribute tax to the Singapore society

I feel this is a disgrace imagine tourist wants to come Singapore to shop then expect all these rubbish

kalasala

Reaction score
Guys

I just flew back from aboard and I swing by at IStudio in T2. I realize that as airport doesn't allow shops to charge GST, IStudio force us to buy a piece of dunno what screen protect at $33. If we don't buy, then they won't sell IPad. This is rubbish!

I feel this action is so unfair. I told them I rather pay 7% GST and buy at other shop to contribute tax to the Singapore society

I feel this is a disgrace imagine tourist wants to come Singapore to shop then expect all these rubbish

STOMP THEM...this is utterly unfair.

FYI-IPAD mini is available in most retailers in SG. Buy from Harvey Norman, Challenger, Best Denki...

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just wrote to Changi airport management. When i spoke to their ground staff, even they say this is not correct.

Last edited:

maxheadroom

Reaction score
I know that the airport shop they are very strict. Just 1 complain from customer and they will ask the shop to close.
This is even you even tell tourist wrong info and hear by those airport staff.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel that is what I should do. If they want to do nonsense, don't do it at airport

chris888222

Reaction score
Last time I go iStudio paragon the service good leh.

Never expect the airport one to be so ****ed up.

Chroma512

Reaction score
I know it totally discourage me to get anything from them. At first still consider to get a Apple TV. But no way for now.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know it totally discourage me to get anything from them. At first still consider to get a Apple TV. But no way for now.

Guys

Months before, my china friend ask me to buy IPhone 4S for them. Interestingly, when I approach IStudio at T3, they say no 7% discount. I think price only slightly about $20 cheaper than outside. I am already puzzled but I didn't bother to check.

Today I ask and I realize all these nonsense. I nearly bought already because it is a straight forward airport no GST. Lucky I question them why price is different. Heng Heng!!!!!! Else I most kuku person.

kalasala

Reaction score
Guys

Months before, my china friend ask me to buy IPhone 4S for them. Interestingly, when I approach IStudio at T3, they say no 7% discount. I think price only slightly about $20 cheaper than outside. I am already puzzled but I didn't bother to check.

Today I ask and I realize all these nonsense. I nearly bought already because it is a straight forward airport no GST. Lucky I question them why price is different. Heng Heng!!!!!! Else I most kuku person.

Write to IRAS complain them.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys

In case u guys need to buy apple product at airport, please check price carefully. I know Hong Kong guarantee chop cheaper. Now I know the SG so call no GST price will use "screen protector" to top up the difference. Hahahaha! I am not a wise man but I am not a fool.

Kenneth C

Reaction score
Guys

Correct me if I am wrong. We do not pay GST for goods that we purchase when we leave Singapore. But, if buy something on our way back, we will have to pay GST.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong. We do not pay GST for goods that we purchase when we leave Singapore. But, if buy something on our way back, we will have to pay GST.

No. When you arrive, u can go departure hall and buy. Just show boarding pass.

Of course if u buy 10, then custom has the rights to charge u GST

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure. Last time I try before using my boarding pass from overseas to Singapore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.