Is it fair to force people to buy bundle?

palmtungsten

Reaction score
I feel the arguing of the flipper is weak. Whatever flipper do, Apple reseller shouldn't raise up the price. They can argue they are doing for the sake of preventing flippers but that is BS. They don't have to use this weak arguing to give others an impression they are so noble...********!
I support your argument.. they are apple authorised dealer.. not those ah beng shop i see elsewhere... and therefore shall not behave like ah beng and flippers and raise price..

keigo22

Reaction score
After debate for so many threads you guy still don't get it right?

You end up debating on the interests instead of the principle. Just as what our parents had taught us wrongly when young to negotiate on items to try to get 10 cents 20 cents cheaper instead of seeing the big picture.

The wrong is been force to purchase iPad + screen protector as a whole rather then allowing the customer to purchase iPad itself. Thus no further excuse could justify for it.

As for the price it is on a completely different story. It is the same as debating not every store selling the same price for a plate of chicken rice. So if you don't like the price you don't buy and go other place and buy the cheaper one. Because the Law for sale process go like this, customer offer a price and seller accept/reject the offer price. (instead of what we all think that seller offer the price and buyer accept/reject the price) Thus even in the shop you see the iPad put up the wrong price say selling at $1, you can't take the iPad and pay $1 if the seller refuse to accept and say price wrongly put up. You bring the case to court you will still lost one.

Now back to the principle, force bundle sale is illegal and not right to begin with. So I will in fact demand iStudio to explain why they do not allow individual item purchase rather then talk about pricing because pricing is not absolute and subject to change. So you can't win a case base on something which is subject to change.

Last edited:

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
yup i only want ipad , do not want protector. I am expecting applestore - 7% pricing.

Banned
Reaction score
y argue over such a small matter.

Get BOC shop card or OCBC Frank and buy online with 6% cash rebate and you get free delivery. No need go argue until die. These shops can close for good. Just buy online.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is ok for shop to sell at high price but I am disappointed because changi airport can't do anything to them. It is a joke. Lol!

SimonLam

Reaction score
Just buy online from Apple Store and go to your favorite shop for after-sales purchase like casing and screen protector lor..

So many threads to argue over iStudio business ethnics.

Not happy, boycott them lor... they are not the only authorized resellers around.

kenzone7

Reaction score
Today I went to iStudio and they are selling their iphone 5S 64Gb at 1388. Are they allow to change the price?

Yes. This is because flipping is still happening in Singapore. 1388 is to prevent flipper.

Just order a set from apple store if u can wait.

Huh, i don't think $1,388 price is to "prevent flippers". If u look at it another way, iStudio IS THE FLIPPER. 😏

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Huh, i don't think $1,388 price is to "prevent flippers". If u look at it another way, iStudio IS THE FLIPPER. 😏
Maybe tourist thought that Singapore currency has grown stronger.. therefore the revised pricing from $1288 to $1388.. And buy it and feel "cheated".. And then angry with Singapore

kenzone7

Reaction score
Maybe tourist thought that Singapore currency has grown stronger.. therefore the revised pricing from $1288 to $1388.. And buy it and feel "cheated".. And then angry with Singapore

Yup, if they don't do their research and check other shops, it's possible they can feel cheated.

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Yup, if they don't do their research and check other shops, it's possible they can feel cheated.
They do not see the need to do their research giving Singapore and Apple reputation..

They can trust us and Singapore Apple Premium Seller that will not chut such pattern...

Not sure whether we will experience such pattern overseas.. maybe yes.. maybe not

SimonLam

Reaction score
actually, have you all look at the link at iStudio website?

There is nothing wrong with iPad pricing, as it conforms to Apple's controlled RSP.. Just add $39 for a screen saver for all models.

It is not as if the same iPad, they are selling above the controlled pricing.

No Case at all. Apple can do nothing.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple has to confirm if resellers can 'force' bundle - that is the case.

I am sending apple asia an email.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.