Is it true that taking IPPT outside of ICT can make your MR date earlier? Happen to see this at the NS forum

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So if you kena a 5 day LK this year, then go take another 4 IPPTs, it becomes 7 days (5+4(0.5)) ORNS which is counted as a HK?
No. They only count a single 0.5-day for IPPT, no matter how times many you take.

You take once - 1x 0.5 day
You take ten times - still 1x 0.5 day

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If briefing is in March and mobilisation is in May, both 2 months apart but in the same year, is it considered two ORNS?

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If briefing is in March and mobilisation is in May, both 2 months apart but in the same year, is it considered two ORNS?
Yup, as your briefing is in the previous financial workyear and your mobilisation is in the new financial workyear, so consider as 2 ORNS cycle.

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score

https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/ns-call-ups/article/overview-ns-call-ups/guidelines
Over your Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) training cycle, you will receive call-ups for various ORNS activities. To complete an ORNS year, you need to participate in an ORNS activity within your work-year, which starts on 1 April and ends on 31 March of the following year.

Your call-ups can be broadly categorised into High Key (HK) and Low Key (LK) activities/training, and are defined as follows:

Types of call-upsDuration
HK: In-Camp Training (ICT), Make-Up Training (MUT), courses7 days or more
LK: ICT, MUT, courses, briefings, medical reviews, mobilisation6 days or less

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forum posts oso can believe one meh? NSmen nowadays so innocent so cute like wear skirt one ah
Ya... so many talk until got dragon got tiger saying that MR early... but I don't see anyone screenshot their NS booklet to GPGT...

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun care liao. Going to MR next week. Last ict
I MR on my 9th ICT by triggering this clause.

Just nice that I had a LK x 6 days + mobilization x 0.5 day + IPPT x 0.5 day to bump me up to a HK for the work year with 7 x days.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I MR on my 9th ICT by triggering this clause.

Just nice that I had a LK x 6 days + mobilization x 0.5 day + IPPT x 0.5 day to bump me up to a HK for the work year with 7 x days.
Ours the first 3 ict is low key then the rest if the 7 ict is high key. Next week is our last HK but only 5 days because is incentive for our atec result

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where are all the legendary warriors here who MR before their 10th ICT due to this clause?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ours the first 3 ict is low key then the rest if the 7 ict is high key. Next week is our last HK but only 5 days because is incentive for our atec result
Mine exactly the same as yours.

Some of my batch mates received the MR cert during our last cycle though, which was officially our 9th ICT.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
MR criteria now is 10 ORNS, 7 High Key.
I wished more details are reflected on NS website. However, it is not.

NS portal booklet also do not reflect if you have fulfil 10 ORNS, 7 high key. One has to manually tabulate.

In the end, S8 came down to our unit and i clarified with them.
I only knew about the following after i thought i would MR this year.
Please take note of the following before 1st April 2014:
1. Ippt (book and clear outside of ICT) no count towards ORNS cycle
2. Individual call ups (non consecutive days) such as briefings etc cannot be added up to count as high key
3. At least 7 days of consecutive activities have to be accumulated to be considered as high key.

Last edited:

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MR criteria now is 10 ORNS, 7 High Key.
I wished more details are reflected on NS website. However, it is not.
I only knew about this after i though i would MR this year.
In the end, S8 came down to our unit and i clarified with them.

Please take note of the following before 1st April 2014:
1. Ippt (book and clear outside of ICT) no count towards ORNS cycle
2. Individual call ups (different says with gaps) such as briefings etc cannot be added up to count as high key
3. At least 7 days of consecutive activities have to be accumulated to be considered as high key.
Source?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.