Is Parc Riviera a good choice for investment/ own stay?

gyh725

Reaction score
To be fair, Parc Riviera was launch in 2016, timeline might be different back then.
Probably TS was still young or have yet to find the other half..

E.g. 2016 I just finish NS, just entered workforce few months nia. Can't get bank loan too. So 2018, i went for Twin Vew.. but no get la
Yes, you are right, back in 2016, I can’t afford a condo and we missed the boat when ECs were launched at $700-800. I went to the balance ec units at Ola and Parc central, basically they are all priced at $1200 already.

gyh725

Reaction score
Hmm.. I think a lot will also depend on where he/she works & parents' addresses & whether staying with parents is feasible.

I would have had the same thoughts 1 year ago, where PR prices are much lower. Its not easy to get a Tampines West or near MRT 5 room HDB. Nowadays, all near MRT sites do not have 5 room. Why give up a 'lottery' ?

I cant see the PR unit making >300k in 8 years given the huge levels of supply around the area. Plus there's 999 year condos there.

Can Tampines West 5 Room opp MRT hit 800k in 8 years ? I think so. Near MRT, freahly MOP-ed. I would be inclined to think that a buyer would prefer this over DBSS Centrale. If both are at the same price, I would prefer this over DBSS Centrale 5 room. Another comparison is DBSS Belvia where many 5 room has hit $800k.
Actually that’s the frustrating part. We already waited for 3 years so it is plainly to give up now. My thinking is that, it will take another 8 years (3 more years of construction + 5 years of MOP) of long wait before we can get the Profit from HDB, and we are not sure if the 200K profit is able to cover the cost increment from the private properties at the same size by then.

I am working in Raffles while my wife is working in IBP, and I am alumni for QIfa primary. So that’s why we are looking at Parc Riviera which is already the cheapest around that area

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually that’s the frustrating part. We already waited for 3 years so it is plainly to give up now. My thinking is that, it will take another 8 years (3 more years of construction + 5 years of MOP) of long wait before we can get the Profit from HDB, and we are not sure if the 200K profit is able to cover the cost increment from the private properties at the same size by then.

I am working in Raffles while my wife is working in IBP, and I am alumni for QIfa primary. So that’s why we are looking at Parc Riviera which is already the cheapest around that area
My advice to u, if not a case of die die need to give up is to hold on to the BTO and stay there. Should see good profits upon MOP. No point buying into Parc Riveria since boat had sailed far.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score

You are giving up >200k worth of almost guaranteed profits on a very low capital (i.e Very high ROI). Can consider investing in S&P500 ETF or other equities/ETFs if you are comfortable with it. This should be able to cover whatever 'cost increment' in 8years.

If really need to 'forfeit', I think Hundred Trees or Infiniti or Monterey Park would be better choices. These are 999/FH condos. Of course get it at a reasonable price. Buying a resale (not new launch) 99 year condo in an area with lots of 999/FH condo usually dont give u any capital gains.

My preference is 99y New Launch > FH Resale / New Launch > 99y Resale. Assuming reasonable price of course.

How old are your kids ? This could be a factor if u wish to enrol your kids into Qifa. You may not be able to do so if u r staying at Tampines.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

Think PR and TV new launch buyers already huat huat.

Next month you shall see buyers of WG new launch starting to subsell after SSD

##
Hope 2 years later

Forett clavon clementis penrose ONE ppl can huat just like that same

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Hi guys, we are looking at 4 bedder units for a resale condo. Currently shortlisted a few units from Parc Riveria, the asking price is around 1.6M for 1152sqft which is slightly cheaper than the nearby newer developments like Twin Vew and GW. Do you think that’s a good buy?

We are planning to give up the BTO 5 room unit opposite Tampines west MRT (at 510k) due to the long delay till 2024.

Honestly, we are not sure if it is a wise choice to buy a resale condo at this time.

Appreciateany advice or guidance here.
If I am not wrong, the 1152 sqft units are facing the AYE expressway. Even the high floors (with sound cladding installed in the balcony) are very noisy.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
###

Think PR and TV new launch buyers already huat huat.

Next month you shall see buyers of WG new launch starting to subsell after SSD

##
Another huat huat. This is an area where Demand > Supply. Many many industries in IBP & Pandan reservoir, translating into high housing demand.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
This group of owners I only see Clavon and Penrose to Huat as much as Parc Riveria..
I think ONE should huat abit also. Slim barrack should be pricing 150psf above it.
Bro, what u think of amber sea? One bedder quantum tia gong starts from 1.04mil :o
But it’s a small project :(

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think ONE should huat abit also. Slim barrack should be pricing 150psf above it.
Bro, what u think of amber sea? One bedder quantum tia gong starts from 1.04mil :o
But it’s a small project :(
CMI. Haha, that project only pushes Amber Park up.. I feel that once Amber Sea is launch, Amber Park remaining units will increase price (again), what ur thoughts.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not ONE ?
ONE quantum is much higher due to higher psf, so in terms of absolute appreciation it would be less due to affordability issue, as compared to those who bought Clavon and Penrose at $14-15xxpsf should see reasonably good exit at $16-17xxpsf minimally.

If u notice, the lower price a project is sold at at new launch (assuming full fledged condo) the higher the rate of profitability. It would be interesting to see how Treasures fare.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope 2 years later

Forett clavon clementis penrose ONE ppl can huat just like that same

###

Penrose entry < 15xx already can confirm huat for you, according to many Presenters... just need to wait out ssd

###

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

Penrose entry < 15xx already can confirm huat for you, according to many Presenters... just need to wait out ssd

###
Penrose recent transactions all firmly above $16xxpsf some crossing $17xxpsf already. So sure big HUAT to those below $15xxpsf units.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ONE quantum is much higher due to higher psf, so in terms of absolute appreciation it would be less due to affordability issue, as compared to those who bought Clavon and Penrose at $14-15xxpsf should see reasonably good exit at $16-17xxpsf minimally.

If u notice, the lower price a project is sold at at new launch (assuming full fledged condo) the higher the rate of profitability. It would be interesting to see how Treasures fare.

###

Treasure will gain, but unlikely huat as much as the trio of PR, TV, WG because these entered at 12xx or 13xx (similar to treasure), but my crystal ball still not seeing 16xx to 17xx psf for Super mega treasure... maybe clearer in a couple of years

###

###

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

Treasure will gain, but unlikely huat as much as the trio of PR, TV, WG because these entered at 12xx or 13xx (similar to treasure), but my crystal ball still not seeing 16xx to 17xx psf for Super mega treasure... maybe clearer in a couple of years

###

###
My crystal ball tells me Treasure won’t reach $16-17xxpsf.. $15xxpsf is about max.. it would Huat but won’t be as Huat.. the trio of West Coast condos reminds me of High Park Residence.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not ONE ?

###

Very simple.

ONE avg price 2000 psf, say someone entered at 1900 psf (very good already)

10% gain. 20xx psf (very possible)
20% gain, 22xx psf (need to think)
30% gain, 24xx psf (think harder please)

The west coast trio
Entered 12xx to 13xx

10%, 14xx psf (already achieved some time ago)
20%, 15xx psf ( already achieved)
30% 16xx to 17xx ( current pricing)
40% 18xx psf ( need to think)

See the difference...

###

Last edited:

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i would buy PR TV WG for ownstay..

i drive, for rest of family when travelling alone, make use of shuttle bus.

if with kids, stay there for some 12 years (due to sch) and see how the cross island line turns out..

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i would buy PR TV WG for ownstay..

i drive, for rest of family when travelling alone, make use of shuttle bus.

if with kids, stay there for some 12 years (due to sch) and see how the cross island line turns out..

###

Although I cannot guarantee substantial price appreciation from 16xx psf, that area can look forward to

1) reservoir mrt jrl (about 1 km) not exactly near, but better than some project that will never smell an mrt station within 1.5 km in the next 30 years and yet priced higher (unless you are allergic to mrt station)
2) rumoured crl station with mall
3) some development on the hsr site.. better be something spectacular to show that SGP is not overly reliant on Malaysia decision to pull out...
4) available gls land plots nearby for price appreciation

Others like near jld, Jurong east biz park and Malls, 2nd cbd and schools etc... think you are already aware.

###

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.