Is this Aftershock PC build good?

bentanj

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I've found an Aftershock build that I'm pretty interested in and was just wondering how good a buy it would be. I'm a big tech noob, so could use the help haha

LEVEL 5 AMD
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X
  • GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite Motherboard
  • 16GB ADATA SPECTRIX D50 RGB DDR4 3600mhz
  • AFTERSHOCK Glacier 240mm Watercooling
  • ZOTAC RTX 3070 TWIN EDGE OC 8GB (LHR)
  • 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS GEN4 SSD R:5000 W:4400
  • 750W Superflower LEADEX III 80+ Gold Modular PSU
  • 4x Addressable RGB Fans
  • AX Wireless WIFI6 + Bluetooth Included (New gen Wifi6)
  • Premium Braided Cables (Black)
  • ZEAL AIR Chassis
Price: $2595

I'm also thinking of adding on a 2TB HDD for $90, thoughts on that too would be appreciated, thanks!

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go download the price list from HWZ and compare if not can visit Nvidia official store on lazada to compare

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I've found an Aftershock build that I'm pretty interested in and was just wondering how good a buy it would be. I'm a big tech noob, so could use the help haha

LEVEL 5 AMD
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X
  • GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite Motherboard
  • 16GB ADATA SPECTRIX D50 RGB DDR4 3600mhz
  • AFTERSHOCK Glacier 240mm Watercooling
  • ZOTAC RTX 3070 TWIN EDGE OC 8GB (LHR)
  • 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS GEN4 SSD R:5000 W:4400
  • 750W Superflower LEADEX III 80+ Gold Modular PSU
  • 4x Addressable RGB Fans
  • AX Wireless WIFI6 + Bluetooth Included (New gen Wifi6)
  • Premium Braided Cables (Black)
  • ZEAL AIR Chassis
Price: $2595

I'm also thinking of adding on a 2TB HDD for $90, thoughts on that too would be appreciated, thanks!

They giving u the 3600MHz ram, its the worst one 18-22-22 if I not wrong.. which means it's worse than typical 3200MHz C16 memory.

Then the aftershock brand stuffs such as the AIO is some cheap china OEM rebrand, a lot of issues one, avoid at all costs.

The ZEAL AIR Chassis should be a Tecware VXR, It's a cheap quality case with lousy fans, many have complains of issue regarding Tecware case fans, including my friend.

I would go for an 8 Core CPU such as the 5800x.. games like New World need 8 Cores to run smoothly. I used a 3600 and it was hitting 100% CPU usage at times, causing lag spikes. The 5800x will also be able to push your GPU to 100%.

As for the Gigabyte SSD, it is actually using Phison E16, which is the same Sabrent .. the durability of that chip isn't very good. I would definitely go for more reliable one such as from Samsung or WD..

In conclusion, there are many cut corners that a builder such as myself would avoid using. My advice is to buy it right or buy it twice. Also for the service, I don't think you will have a good experience if you face any intermittent and not often occurring issue with your PC..

I recommended my friend to buy from aftershock so my friend bought a laptop and desktop from there, the laptop within 3 months had issues, desktop within a year. Both times sent for servicing and unrepaired.

The desktop was repaired after the second visit, it was not so bad. As for the laptop it was a nightmare, we had to go 3rd visit plus I had to diagnose the problem for my friend. I then got him to send and write a report of my testing and instructed them to replace the correct part. No idea what kind of **** service is this, the lead there seemed to be illiterate as well, really is a big shock.

Last edited:

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
They giving u the 3600MHz ram, its the worst one 18-22-22 if I not wrong.. which means it's worse than typical 3200MHz C16 memory.

Then the aftershock brand stuffs such as the AIO is some cheap china OEM rebrand, a lot of issues one, avoid at all costs.

The ZEAL AIR Chassis should be a Tecware VXR, It's a cheap quality case with lousy fans, many have complains of issue regarding Tecware case fans, including my friend.

I would go for an 8 Core CPU such as the 5800x.. games like New World need 8 Cores to run smoothly. I used a 3600 and it was hitting 100% CPU usage at times, causing lag spikes. The 5800x will also be able to push your GPU to 100%.

As for the Gigabyte SSD, it is actually using Phison E16, which is the same Sabrent .. the durability of that chip isn't very good. I would definitely go for more reliable one such as from Samsung or WD..

In conclusion, there are many cut corners that a builder such as myself would avoid using. My advice is to buy it right or buy it twice. Also for the service, I don't think you will have a good experience if you face any intermittent and not often occurring issue with your PC..

I recommended my friend to buy from aftershock so my friend bought a laptop and desktop from there, the laptop within 3 months had issues, desktop within a year. Both times sent for servicing and unrepaired.

The desktop was repaired after the second visit, it was not so bad. As for the laptop it was a nightmare, we had to go 3rd visit plus I had to diagnose the problem for my friend. I then got him to send and write a report of my testing and instructed them to replace the correct part. No idea what kind of **** service is this, the lead there seemed to be illiterate as well, really is a big shock.
they hire a bunch of incompetent techs

cloudangel

Reaction score
Oh dear... I was still looking forward to 11.11 to see if they have any good deals for their desktops

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.