Its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens to be in power

notbui

Banned
Reaction score
Most foreigners will not want to be citizens of sg.

They want to be on work pass or at most become PR so if anything happens to sg, they still can go back to their homeland. Only a small minority will want to apply to be citizens of sg.

PR cannot vote in elections.

So its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens as their number is too small.

Reaction score

They want to be on work pass or at most become PR so if anything happens to sg, they still can go back to their homeland. Only a small minority will want to apply to be citizens of sg.

Only the cannot make it and ginna pi vote opposition la. If you have a good job and good life here, who will vote opposition to disrupt the good life?

Geminiboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

think you need to add up the number of foreigners that took up citizenship in the last 25 years. i think it's easily between 20%-30% of all voters now.

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

new citizens can vote lor

Neon92

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thus you see why they are actively towards a country

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Indeed it's a myth.

New citizens have every right to vote for opposition too however their number is very small anwyays.

The reality is that most edmw is bitter because new citizens don't need to do NS. That's all.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think you need to add up the number of foreigners that took up citizenship in the last 25 years. i think it's easily between 20%-30% of all voters now.
They sure have done well live well in SG to choose to join as new SC wor. Then obviously they’ll continue to vote for PAP. what’s unexpected at all?

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what you think only. Do you have the actual numbers ?

edmwftw

Banned
Reaction score

Not funny. Numbers don't lie. In fact they more you try to deny, the worse it gets.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ingapore-foreign-workers-new-citizens-1326986" Singapore grants between 15,000 and 25,000 new citizenships annually, to individuals who are committed to making Singapore their home and who can integrate and contribute to Singapore. "
singapore-citizenships-and-pr-status-granted-data.png

--------------------

Means wat? Means on average, 20K new citizens are granted each year and over the 11- year period from 2008 til 2018, our PAP-Gov hooted 220K new citizens or 224, 082 to be exact, added to our Little Red Dot, like Hotel California.

That's a freaking 2x GRC size numbers added as voters, which is significant enough to influence the outcome of any SMC/GRC elections, esp. those with close results, depending on where they are located and spread around.

east-coast.jpg

west-coast.jpg

ffa34090-c2f0-11ea-b9ff-ba4bfb00ff89

EclNahzUMAAaDOt.jpg

Last edited:

Utopian8233

Reaction score

Then can you explain why birth rate decline but population goes up

BernardWYF

Banned
Reaction score

Last time newspaper got show, the number of new citizens has every year increase alot.

PRs cannot vote, but new Sinkies can vote.

Foreigners not dont want to be citizens, but not all can get SPRs first.

Those who get SPRs all very actively applying to convert Sinkies pink IC, if got go ICA will know the crowd there everyday.

But win or no win is another matter. Our own daft sinkies robotic nature will tick at the same spot until surrender IC, cannot change one.

Geminiboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what you think only. Do you have the actual numbers ?
just take 20,000 new citizens a year. you can go dig out the actual numbers yourself. 25 years = 500,000. total number of voters about 2 million average last 5 elections. 500,000 out of 2 million = 25%.

Reaction score
Indeed it's a myth.

New citizens have every right to vote for opposition too however their number is very small anwyays.

The reality is that most edmw is bitter because new citizens don't need to do NS. That's all.
Most new citizens are above fitness age. Why you want to force them to die? Some more they may contribute their children to the future force so what’s the issue here? Serve a little ns also kpkb like guniang.

Geminiboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How PAP can still win the next election even if 65% majority of local Singaporeans voted against them.

Estimated percentage of new citizens (not born in SG) in electorate: 25%
Local-born Singaporeans: 75%

65% of local-born Singaporeans voting against PAP = 0.65x0.75 = 48.75%

New citizens plus PAP voters: 25% + 0.45x0.75 = 51.25%

Last edited:

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most new citizens are above fitness age. Why you want to force them to die? Some more they may contribute their children to the future force so what’s the issue here? Serve a little ns also kpkb like guniang.
I am a female so I don't have to serve anwyays, apart from my brothers and in laws who said they had a fruitful time.

The issue here is edmw always blame govt and blame NS. Which is pathetic mindset.

I fully support new citizens

Reaction score
I am a female so I don't have to serve anwyays, apart from my brothers and in laws who said they had a fruitful time.

The issue here is edmw always blame govt and blame NS. Which is pathetic mindset.

I fully support new citizens
Glad you r wise unlike the kb warriors here who whine and cry about everything. I also serve ns and reservist but also never whine like these kids.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.