Its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens to be in power

noobmaster89

Banned
Reaction score
I am a female so I don't have to serve anwyays, apart from my brothers and in laws who said they had a fruitful time.

The issue here is edmw always blame govt and blame NS. Which is pathetic mindset.

I fully support new citizens
Only the cannot make it and ginna pi vote opposition la. If you have a good job and good life here, who will vote opposition to disrupt the good life?
I have a decent job, got pte property but I vote opp. So what’s your point?

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad you r wise unlike the kb warriors here who whine and cry about everything. I also serve ns and reservist but also never whine like these kids.
That's a good mindset to have. If you look around EDMW, they will always use NS as a comparison against new citizens. And will cry father cry mother say it's unfair. And then blame govt. The toxic cycle repeats.

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The vocals ATB and CECA are brave and ready to asserts their rights.
I think the 4G ministers are going to have a hard time ahead.

I don't think Singapore will survive thru the 4G leadership.

nit3ex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will East coast fall to WP next? hmmmmmmmmmm.........

edmwftw

Banned
Reaction score
Got any stats to show how many % ish new citizens?

As above: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...itizens-to-be-in-power.6621239/post-137274552

Numbers don't lie. In fact they more PAP IBs tries to deny, the worse it gets.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ingapore-foreign-workers-new-citizens-1326986" Singapore grants between 15,000 and 25,000 new citizenships annually, to individuals who are committed to making Singapore their home and who can integrate and contribute to Singapore. "
singapore-citizenships-and-pr-status-granted-data.png

--------------------

Means wat? Means on average, 20K new citizens are granted each year and over the 11- year period from 2008 til 2018, our PAP-Gov hooted 220K new citizens or 224, 082 to be exact, added to our Little Red Dot, like Hotel California.

That's a freaking 2x GRC size numbers added as voters, which is significant enough to influence the outcome of any SMC/GRC elections, esp. those with close results, depending on where they are located and spread around.

east-coast.jpg

west-coast.jpg

ffa34090-c2f0-11ea-b9ff-ba4bfb00ff89

EclNahzUMAAaDOt.jpg

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most foreigners will not want to be citizens of sg.

They want to be on work pass or at most become PR so if anything happens to sg, they still can go back to their homeland. Only a small minority will want to apply to be citizens of sg.

PR cannot vote in elections.

So its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens as their number is too small.
if you refer to citizens growth chart for the last two decades, it shows the scheme works for PAP

Reaction score
How PAP can still win the next election even if 65% majority of local Singaporeans voted against them.

Estimated percentage of new citizens (not born in SG) in electorate: 25%
Local-born Singaporeans: 75%

65% of local-born Singaporeans voting against PAP = 0.65x0.75 = 48.75%

New citizens plus PAP voters: 25% + 0.45x0.75 = 51.25%
Cos you live in edmw. Things in reality is always opposite of edmw.
Nice effort from a newly account created to JJW
edmw got issues with new members just like they got issues with new citizens?

kuatos

Reaction score
Frankly I don't understand the appeal of becoming a SC. Being a PR is fine enough right?

Myself is born SC but I envy those PR....... Can leave SG anytime.

Life is fine for me and I don't have any bitter feelings towards NS, but SG is not somewhere I feel a sense of belonging to and will not be retiring in SG.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.