Its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens to be in power

Reaction score
Looking at your comment history, it’s obvious what your agenda is.

Get a life.
You can anti pap so can people who anti opposition come here. Freedom of choice. Feels weird that suddenly anti Oppo come here is it? There’s more of us in the real world just that most can’t be bothered to debate with ginna pi only.

noobmaster89

Banned
Reaction score
You can anti pap so can people who anti opposition come here. Freedom of choice. Feels weird that suddenly anti Oppo come here is it? There’s more of us in the real world just that most can’t be bothered to debate with ginna pi only.
Enjoy your 50 cents well earned :)

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I dont think SG govt is doing a good job, but my take is that oppo will do worse......

They are not good but they are the best we have.......
Bingo. I agree with your thoughts.

lucifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Frankly I don't understand the appeal of becoming a SC. Being a PR is fine enough right?

Myself is born SC but I envy those PR....... Can leave SG anytime.

Life is fine for me and I don't have any bitter feelings towards NS, but SG is not somewhere I feel a sense of belonging to and will not be retiring in SG.
Yeap. Just milk whatever benefits possible.

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most new citizens are above fitness age. Why you want to force them to die? Some more they may contribute their children to the future force so what’s the issue here? Serve a little ns also kpkb like guniang.

they come in late 20s-30s dont need to serve.

then why we 20s-30s still need to go reservist and do ippt? they can be "above fitness age" we cannot be?

Optrex

Master Member
Reaction score
it is more of a numbers game rather than a myth.
given our annual birthrate, even if all the new babies born every year grew up to be oppo supporters, they will not be able to swing the votes as these new babies' votes will be negated by the new citizen's votes.
get it?
hard truth....

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

kuatos

Reaction score
Yeap. Just milk whatever benefits possible.
I am in the scenario where I just take myself as a FT now.

My investments and properties are mainly parked overseas, while I just take SG as a place I work and live untill I retire.

I've had opportunities to work overseas and was offered by some overseas companies to join them, however Ive done my calculations and after the taxes and living costs, working in SG is just more worth it. If it made more sense for me to work overseas i would've left SG in a heartbeat.

For those SC who are unhappy with SG I really think this is a good mentality to have. Just take SG as a stepping stone as what the FT are doing.

kuatos

Reaction score
My take is worker party and psp can do a better job
PSP I wouldn't know, but WP is a huge dissapointment...... Just look at their performance in parliament, only leader of opposition is considered ok, JL is all flash no substance, others are not outstanding and RK troublemaker

All other parties IMO cannot make it, most of the members are of really low quality.

CSJ I do think he is capable but he lack the political skills,thats why kanna pwned all his life.

And no matter which oppositon or all of them combined, they are unable to take over the current govt properly, at least need 10-20 years for them to attact capable people and buid themselves up first.

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a good mindset to have. If you look around EDMW, they will always use NS as a comparison against new citizens. And will cry father cry mother say it's unfair. And then blame govt. The toxic cycle repeats.

How is that a cycle? Unless you're saying blame govt results in NS? Means vote Govt dont need ns? I voted for gov how come still need to do NS?

If NS not big deal, then tell MINDEF don't come disturb us. Get those who happy to serve go serve, use the volunteer corp and regulars. Dont force conscription on us, then don't need to hear people kpkb. So simple right?

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is that a cycle? Unless you're saying blame govt results in NS? Means vote Govt dont need ns? I voted for gov how come still need to do NS?

If NS not big deal, then tell MINDEF don't come disturb us. Get those who happy to serve go serve, use the volunteer corp and regulars. Dont force conscription on us, then don't need to hear people kpkb. So simple right?
Keep calm and trust our govt. They are doing their best

Reaction score

Stop whining and serve ns like a man. You must be a Chao Keng clerk. I have rarely hear ns men complaining about ns. Only online whiners.

kuatos

Reaction score
Stop whining and serve ns like a man. You must be a Chao Keng clerk. I have rarely hear ns men complaining about ns. Only online whiners.
Actually NS was quite fun, didn't know why ppl keep whining........ 2 years get to play with guns and grenade, the unit I was in got many fun explosives to play with.

If you ask me will I defend SG with my life, I will answer "no" without any hesitation, but I enjoyed most of the 2 years.

Then reservist is like 2 weeks off work, boss call can just ignore say outfield even when I am in the bunk sleeping:ROFLMAO:

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
Ironically, it could be new citizens who will oust them from power. Remember, those not born-and-raised in SG were never subjected from childhood to PAP social conditioning, political intimidation and ingrained compliance. New citizens import their native political culture into SG and will seek to re-shape SG's politics over time in the mould of their original countries of origin once they gained voting rights.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.