Its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens to be in power

DulanMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most foreigners will not want to be citizens of sg.

They want to be on work pass or at most become PR so if anything happens to sg, they still can go back to their homeland. Only a small minority will want to apply to be citizens of sg.

PR cannot vote in elections.

So its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens as their number is too small.
Pls la, one convert then their spouse remain as PR. Anything happen can always go back to their home country.

Meanwhile the new citizen will vote PAP to pwn sinkies. Lmao

flying.elephant

Master Member
Reaction score
the opening of the floodgate started from GTC era but really peaked under lhl. assuming conservatively 20 years of 25k carefully selected new citizens annually, thats already 500k ...

of course, not so simple that all new citizens will vote PAP. CSM also new citizen but from WP

:)

DMC_Coolie

Reaction score
if jhk or AT they wont take citizenship la

if C guys they will take so they can get out of the cess pool
with sinkie citizenship they will try to trade up to green card

now you know why C guys so important

RandomPlankton

Reaction score
In essence, how is pap any different from locust. Like the insects, they totally strip and consume all the resources before moving to the next

Food_Lover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the opening of the floodgate started from GTC era but really peaked under lhl. assuming conservatively 20 years of 25k carefully selected new citizens annually, thats already 500k ...

of course, not so simple that all new citizens will vote PAP. CSM also new citizen but from WP

Few of PSP GE2020's candidates are long-time new citizens as well.

rathalos

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most converts hold two citizenship.. the are more careful when using the correct passport to enter n leave SG..

trevlim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's about the number of seats and not about number of electorate votes

tank_t

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many of them join the grassroots. Can see beginning they are nice people after a few years especially when they become chairman they become a totally changed person.
sounds like foreign influences

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score

Nah, the peak was during the second half of Lky era when GKS was losing power.

SmallQuietDog

Master Member
Reaction score
Most new citizens are above fitness age. Why you want to force them to die? Some more they may contribute their children to the future force so what’s the issue here? Serve a little ns also kpkb like guniang.
Reservist term ends at 45 for men, and 55 for officer.

You tell me these new citizens who come in in their 30s or so are not suppose to be in the "fit age range"? Then why we still have reservice in our 30s too?

.看你的头.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ironically, it could be new citizens who will oust them from power. Remember, those not born-and-raised in SG were never subjected from childhood to PAP social conditioning, political intimidation and ingrained compliance. New citizens import their native political culture into SG and will seek to re-shape SG's politics over time in the mould of their original countries of origin once they gained voting rights.
New citizens were not subjected to childhood indoctrination by the PAP and still retain their independent mindsets from their home culture

If the PAP thinks their loyalty can be bought simply by giving them citizenship, then I say good luck 😂🤣🤣

tokiya

Banned
Reaction score
Most foreigners will not want to be citizens of sg.

They want to be on work pass or at most become PR so if anything happens to sg, they still can go back to their homeland. Only a small minority will want to apply to be citizens of sg.

PR cannot vote in elections.

So its a myth that pap can rely on new citizens as their number is too small.

Nonsense.

Most foreigners I know want to serve NS and send their kids to NS.

Reaction score
Reservist term ends at 45 for men, and 55 for officer.

You tell me these new citizens who come in in their 30s or so are not suppose to be in the "fit age range"? Then why we still have reservice in our 30s too?
Learn to spell reservist properly first then perhaps you will understand the finer things in life. I find people who spell reservist as reservice usually the logic not very good.

SmallQuietDog

Master Member
Reaction score
Learn to spell reservist properly first then perhaps you will understand the finer things in life. I find people who spell reservist as reservice usually the logic not very good.
And I find people who use retarded handles like "NightmareFromTheSky" are usually, well, retarded.

LetsGoBoys!

Master Member
Reaction score
aiya some after they become new citizens they also got a shock of their life and cross over la

i talk to 1 lady new citizen before, only 1st time vote lightning, subsequent nvr already lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.