Jetstar service fees

stamploversg

Reaction score
the heck is ... if your total amount is $535, you buy $550 voucher.
your remaining balance, you use them to add on something later ...

however, now jetstar policy has changed.
the remaining $15 would be forfeited ...
no longer you can use the remaining $15 to add on

if u using voucher, u only can buy from their aussie website
the exchange rate is based on that day ...
if u buy 50aud voucher, the amount might be between 46sgd to 47.5sgd ...

So the best is to exceed slightly over (e.g. $325 voucher for $320 booking) to minimise the forfeited amount; or can we use other method, e.g. pay offline for the $20 balance if we use $300 voucher?

The tricky part is to estimate the exchange rate of AUD to SGD as cannot buy SGD voucher....sigh.

stamploversg

Reaction score
So the best is to exceed slightly over (e.g. $325 voucher for $320 booking) to minimise the forfeited amount; or can we use other method, e.g. pay offline for the $20 balance if we use $300 voucher?

The tricky part is to estimate the exchange rate of AUD to SGD as cannot buy SGD voucher....sigh.

Just to answer my own question - one can see the converted amount in AUD but the heck may not be so worth if we cannot buy the voucher in SGD (the exchange rate for AUD is not favourable) and the excess amount would be forfeited.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

singapore website to buy voucher has been down at least a year lol ...
they told us they would be doing something, yet nothing has been done ...
bo bian, if using vouchers, can only buy from aud website ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to answer my own question - one can see the converted amount in AUD but the heck may not be so worth if we cannot buy the voucher in SGD (the exchange rate for AUD is not favourable) and the excess amount would be forfeited.

can just buy one 25aud voucher and apply to your booking.
roughtly you would know how much is it in sgd ...
just add seats, meals, to make it more worth ...

stamploversg

Reaction score
can just buy one 25aud voucher and apply to your booking.
roughtly you would know how much is it in sgd ...
just add seats, meals, to make it more worth ...

Well, I think the point of consideration is the exchange rates when

1) your cc company charges AUD on your SG cc when you buy AUD voucher
2) Jetstar internal exchange rate to convert SGD flight cost to AUD

So for me these two could cost more than the $20 booking fees when using cc directly at Jetstar....appreciate any experience sharing. Thanks.

cloudnim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paid by cc $10per person per way. So exp.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G973F

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paid by cc $10per person per way. So exp.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G973F

that has been the way for the last decade booking with them.
if you are using cc, last time is $8 per pax per sector, up to $9, now is $10

if u want to avoid the cc, can buy jetstar voucher. but headache to apply to the less lugi amount

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, I think the point of consideration is the exchange rates when

1) your cc company charges AUD on your SG cc when you buy AUD voucher
2) Jetstar internal exchange rate to convert SGD flight cost to AUD

So for me these two could cost more than the $20 booking fees when using cc directly at Jetstar....appreciate any experience sharing. Thanks.

nope, wont cost more than $20 bookings fees
have purchased 200 aud voucher last month (when the exchange rate is 1sgd : 1.06aud), paid 196.12sgd for the voucher ...

juxtaposition

Reaction score
For me I use SAM to pay n now all the bank app use digital token. The SAM app cannot talk to “digital token” n I try with a few banks n all cannot.

Eventually use the bank whereby I don’t have digital token. So much for t e c h n o l o g y

If I use cc I pay extra $28 not worth it on just “fee”

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually will book with vouchers.
use the lower amount, 100aud to 96sgd
using that amount, roughly gauge how many vouchers i would need to buy, while i am booking on their website ...

for 5 pax, could save $30 more already ...
would try to minimise the loss to below $7 if possible ...
in the end, using voucher is more worth ...

but sometimes, have to add things to make it more worth, if the amount is about 15 to 20 dollars lesser compared to the voucher amount ... might add on meal voucher then ...

mrwirus

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I currently had a refund voucher and the new tickets I'm about to book a new flight. However this flight is about $20 more expensive and I do not want to pay $40 for 2 pax in admin fee for it.

Any ideas how I can go about saving some money on this as I've already paid $40 previously for the booking that was cancelled. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

g_t2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I currently had a refund voucher and the new tickets I'm about to book a new flight. However this flight is about $20 more expensive and I do not want to pay $40 for 2 pax in admin fee for it.

Any ideas how I can go about saving some money on this as I've already paid $40 previously for the booking that was cancelled. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Information is on their website. There is an option where there is no service and booking fee.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.