BlueSG car renter told to pay $10k+$8K 3rd party fee for a minor accident damage..

websurfer

Reaction score

"I used to be a believer in car-sharing for both conveniency and lower cost compared to grab. But for any tiny damage, they can easily charge you 8000 SGD+ 8000SGD + 1000SGD which is almost 18000 SGD. The money you saved by renting a car is really a joke in front this potential damage charge."

Yes, it is really a joke 🤣

HeiHeiHei

Master Member
Reaction score
before you can drive…. Need to agree to their terms and conditions… So bo bian…. Pay up the excess….

bobo07

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
18k can buy one new car in JB and luff at chiu......................

tomsss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peng Yuen Peng Yuen

Dunno how to parallel park
Got a stranger to help you park and buang the car
Then even go and report everything (the stranger and buanging) to BlueSG

Was he expecting some form of sympathy? Like because he didn't try to siam or cheat and reported eveything truthfully, hoping that will help reduce the compensation amount?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peng Yuen Peng Yuen

Dunno how to parallel park
Got a stranger to help you park and buang the car
Then even go and report everything (the stranger and buanging) to BlueSG

Was he expecting some form of sympathy? Like because he didn't try to siam or cheat and reported eveything truthfully, hoping that will help reduce the compensation amount?
Can bluesg actually sue him further as the agreement and contract actually only for himself to drive but not for others?

Bad kids

Reaction score
This is the price to pay for 1st world country... if ask you to pay $1,800/- then you are laughing... and might look too down on you..

Nowadays you go ask for anything.. the business owners are so afraid of underquoting if it is a big conglomerate, they kar kar tai.. no give chances

Yesterday, I asked for the cost of a tailored business shirt.. I was quoted $150/- so a good price because everybody is making $20K/ month :oops::oops:

Phongchi

Reaction score
Renter claimed just a slight tap on the gas pedal from stationary. EV cars has mor
Lol don't haoxiao
Since when BlueSG got p plate one, got one year license requirement before renting leh
You driving in dreamland Ave ah
You never seen one doesn't mean I haven't seen one.

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Shiet out from Eng Yuan's arsehole, then pay RM50 for the tester to lick it clean and to say "thank you, please drive carefully." as he hands the shietty license to Eng Yuan.
lol i am amazed he actually dare post that sentence..... cant park do ask someone else to do it

not only is he incompetent, he is dumb too.... rental car can only be driven by the hirer

metabo

Master Member
Reaction score
Song boh 18k.
What’s the max liability for driver? Can bluesg claim them until need to sell house? Lol.

Horsepower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take the 10k as a lesson not to act smart and rent a car when you cant even park properly. And smlj 10k can bankrupt liao?

formula

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol i am amazed he actually dare post that sentence..... cant park do ask someone else to do it

not only is he incompetent, he is dumb too.... rental car can only be driven by the hirer
Think he is better off taking public transport. Driver clearly knows his limitation. Can't park in parallel lot then find those reverse in parking lot mah.

I don't pity him for his case.

Redbull1628

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

308404130-520410656758043-8533267767270933931-n.jpg

Hello everyone
I want to share here my experience of being charged 10000 SGD for a very mild accident damage and potential another 8000 SGD charge to third party.

I was trying to park my BlueSG car by the time, but the place is narrow, and I was struggling to park it perfectly. Another person offers to help me park my car. But he mistakenly pressed accelerator instead of brakes. The car hit a garbage can and stopped. Since the car just started, the speed is very low. But still very mild damage is caused to the car. Then I reported promptly to every party related. But one month later, I received the bill from BlueSG claiming the repair cost is almost 10000 SGD.

The repair cost is impossibly high. This huge amount really streches my budge and push me to the edge of brankcrupt.

I am still trying to speak to BlueSG for cost breakdowns and transparancy. But they didn't reply to me except for useless message through the app. I called Customer Service and they can't handle it nor pass me to someone to talk

Is there anyone who had similar experience that can help me on how to deal with BlueSG?
Credit by:peng Yuan

buy car cheaper

AngryPiglet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The driver also stupid.

The damages seemed superficial and he could have avoided this if he had just bring the car to a workshop and get it repaired before returning. Definitely would be less than $1K :s13:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Go to small claims court and ask for mediation. But do your homework with the evidence on hand to seek the rightful course of JUSTICE in this land.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.