Johor Bahru - share is caring - Part 2

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I move handphones and keys into my backpack before approaching customs. Card holder and money/note pouch stay in pockets where they normally are for easy access, not metal so I never moved them except that one time when sensor triggered without them anyway. Coin pouch in backpack pocket all the time.

No belt, as don't bother using one when I know I'm going to have to go through customs clearance. So other than the zippers and buttons of my pants, and now perhaps the smartwatch, I've been wondering about the "smartness" of those officers who think that emptying all our pockets will stop the sensors from going off.

So I'm not the only one who sets off the sensor most of the time.

Without even bothering to check, especially with that device in his hand, an officer asked what's in my pocket and when I got to "wallet" he said next time put into bag. I said they're all paper notes but yet he said because it triggered the alarm. It's actually just a $2 pouch with a metal (or metal-coated) zipper. So next time empty pocket means pants zippers and buttons, so have to... err...

I suspect they don't even know what exactly can trigger the sensor :s39:

The gantry is a normal magnetic metal detector. To detect traditional firearms.

Smart watch, earphone, earbuds definitely will trigger as they all have magnets/electromagnets inside.

Coins are hit or miss.

dareto2020

Master Member
Reaction score
Customs Clearance: Do you guys really empty your pockets before going through customs clearance? I've so far only come across one officer who said to "empty, take everything out" all these years, yet the sensor triggered so I only remove my keys, handphones, and coins these days.

Pants zippers and buttons... have to err...
Up to you lol...
See ppl sometimes stuck there digging pockets cos metal detector goes off..

yobyella

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Customs Clearance: Do you guys really empty your pockets before going through customs clearance? I've so far only come across one officer who said to "empty, take everything out" all these years, yet the sensor triggered so I only remove my keys, handphones, and coins these days.

True. Then inconvenient. Esp aunty officer. Then on sia. Male officer not that On.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only those that have the bad person looks gets secondary inspection after triggering the metal detector.

i look like a good person that don't break rules, so even triggering the metal detector also nvm.

reminder; your ezlink card in your pocket will trigger the metal detector as it interrupts the magnetic field

beanstalk6

Reaction score
If they are as strict as those at the airport, the overcrowding will be a lot worse than it is now.
I empty my pockets of loose change, keys and metal objects which go into the provided tray sent through the X-Ray. If I mistakenly wore a belt, I may be scanned by the hand-held scanner, which is something I do not want to happen, as I have to be mindful of my loose objects or bags which are going through the X-Ray machine at the same time.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with the amount of pictures showing up on fb on the e-gate, i wonder how long more before got news come out say got singaporean got detained for taking pictures of e-gate :ROFLMAO:

efreelancer

Reaction score
only those that have the bad person looks gets secondary inspection after triggering the metal detector.

i look like a good person that don't break rules, so even triggering the metal detector also nvm.

reminder; your ezlink card in your pocket will trigger the metal detector as it interrupts the magnetic field
What will happen if you bring a small soju / wine / beer? Or you open and drink a bit can? Anyone test lol?

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got nothing in my pocket also still trigger the alarm loh.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got nothing in my pocket also still trigger the alarm loh.
Exactly what happened to me that one time when I followed what the officer manning the main queue at 2nd Link said, "Empty everything from your pockets." The sensor went off so thereafter I only removed keys, phones, and coins, leaving my card holder, note$ pouch, tissue papers :razz: in my pockets.

Could be the pants zippers and buttons, and/or smartwatches perhaps. I don't know, but my latest encounter seemed to say that they don't really know either. :s39:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with the amount of pictures showing up on fb on the e-gate, i wonder how long more before got news come out say got singaporean got detained for taking pictures of e-gate :ROFLMAO:
I've actually been wondering about the human queue ones in that fb page. Special "permission"?

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If go paradigm mall usually you guys take JP01 ?

valid option, but the JP01 comes at a fixed long interval, T30, 31 and 32 all stops at the same bus stop across the road at paradigm mall and are more frequent at 30 minutes interval.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already the 12th day, and there are still freshly served entertaining posts and questions about 2.0 over there :s13:

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like to see these kind of posts, tell people "he never register at counter" and ask him questions

should ask him, what is "mdac 2.0"

really love facemash, the modern day cessepool of social media :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot-2023-02-01-172501.png

Yiyong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like to see these kind of posts, tell people "he never register at counter" and ask him questions

should ask him, what is "mdac 2.0"

really love facemash, the modern day cessepool of social media :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot-2023-02-01-172501.png
He even show his stopwatch app timing... Hao lian how fast he clear
(I go read his comments.. this one his 2nd visit clear egate leh.. first time he got go counter register)

Last edited:

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the rule following birdies will use the "new" machines only and die die queue there even if other lanes empty, while i will pick the shortest line, if there is a line, regardless if new or old machine. already tried twice that the old machines, which WERE for malaysia passport, also works for me.

it's connected to the same system and network, so i don't see why it won't work.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.