Johor Bahru - share is caring - Part 2

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I dropped the idea of buying a property at Medini in 2010. Looking at the supply, it was scary. On hindsight, it was the correct choice to get my deposit refunded. Even some of the condominium projects in the JB core are not ideal despite getting completed. Many units are leased by AirBnB operators. Why, I stayed in some of them myself over the years- Platino, Twin Galaxy, R&F, Afiniti etc.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dropped the idea of buying a property at Medini in 2010. Looking at the supply, it was scary. On hindsight, it was the correct choice to get my deposit refunded. Even some of the condominium projects in the JB core are not ideal despite getting completed. Many units are leased by AirBnB operators. Why, I stayed in some of them myself over the years- Platino, Twin Galaxy, R&F, Afiniti etc.
Some 10 years back, the craze of SG heading to JB to get a some call " retirement" house were hot. I still rem ads all over the place to woo us here. Provide free 2 way shuttles from SG to that new project in JB... Free food free drinks and after viewing bring to sight seeing some more.

clairengxy

Reaction score
Wanted to share this post i came across today: h ttps://vpost.com/sg/2021/08/16/jb-johor-bahru-virtual-tour-in-a-day/

Really reminiscent of the times we used to be able travel to and from JB freely :( Though we are not able to physically travel, shopping is still possible online and with good planning and making use of the current MSIA-SG promo, can still save some money compared to buying some things locally.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to share this post i came across today: h ttps://vpost.com/sg/2021/08/16/jb-johor-bahru-virtual-tour-in-a-day/
Really reminiscent of the times we used to be able travel to and from JB freely
:(
Though we are not able to physically travel, shopping is still possible online and with good planning and making use of the current MSIA-SG promo, can still save some money compared to buying some things locally.
Sic ur online shopping lobang.

Thanks in advance.

+1 EDMWER app

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Really reminiscent of the times we used to be able travel to and from JB freely :( Though we are not able to physically travel, shopping is still possible online and with good planning and making use of the current MSIA-SG promo, can still save some money compared to buying some things locally.
suckpo local mah... lolz

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Some 10 years back, the craze of SG heading to JB to get a some call " retirement" house were hot. I still rem ads all over the place to woo us here. Provide free 2 way shuttles from SG to that new project in JB... Free food free drinks and after viewing bring to sight seeing some more.
My observation- It is a boom-bust cycle over there. Every decade or so, a new generation of suckers gets tempted. Some sign up, some get burnt, some get off successfully; yet there are some who are satisfied with their "retirement" homes. It is constantly happening.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My observation- It is a boom-bust cycle over there. Every decade or so, a new generation of suckers gets tempted. Some sign up, some get burnt, some get off successfully; yet there are some who are satisfied with their "retirement" homes. It is constantly happening.
Yeah... we seen this cycle over again and again.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Shipping fee is too high. Shopee now got many goods from Malaysia, it's cheaper to local deal and the shipping cost is very little.

clairengxy

Reaction score
Shipping fee is too high. Shopee now got many goods from Malaysia, it's cheaper to local deal and the shipping cost is very little.
Agree with you also! Still need to do own research to see which is the best. Sometimes the items i am looking for cant be found on shopee or qoo10, so usually i like to gather a few friends to ship over via vpost and split the shipping fee among us.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even if open, only 3 places you can go (Genting Highlands, duty-free island Pulau Tioman and the city of Melaka), and it should be a bubble travel, ie, stick to flights / bus operator tours to and from the destination, don't think self driving car or free and easy is allowed.

https://www.asgam.com/index.php/202...-by-1-october-as-malaysia-eases-restrictions/
Will the borders open? Anyone got intel?
They announce open up to attract tourists. Very restrictive movement during the trip i assumed. While whoever travel in, the main concern is the returning part.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.