kF94 or Surgical mask?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Wuss, have you tested this mask before

saw it from this vendor

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/680530160?jaehuid=A180561298&cmpnCode=86999&pct=43

Nope, but these are likely to be KF-ADs.
Though they'd still work........and have the added benefit of even easier breathabilty (lower air resistance), so not say cannot work.

Now endemic liao. So must see open a bit, embrace non KF94s. Anhui ruierxin etc.

edit - but to be honest, some of these masks' performance (even though mentioned BFE 95%) worse than even the non anhui ruierxin MIC "KF94s". heh....... dont say anhui ruierxin, those would measure even better, like around F727's performance, at most worse than that a little bit nia. But breathability a little lower.

Last edited:

leo2003

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, but these are likely to be KF-ADs.
Though they'd still work........and have the added benefit of even easier breathabilty (lower air resistance), so not say cannot work.

Now endemic liao. So must see open a bit, embrace non KF94s. Anhui ruierxin etc.

edit - but to be honest, some of these masks' performance (even though mentioned BFE 95%) worse than even the non anhui ruierxin MIC "KF94s". heh....... dont say anhui ruierxin, those would measure even better, like around F727's performance, at most worse than that a little bit nia. But breathability a little lower.

Ok, now waiting for delivery. Once received can i sent to you for testing. Thanks Wuss

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happened if use expired mask?

No data on chinese "KF94s" or bird beak KN95s, coz they are still new.
How the spandex/nylon elastic earloops last after a few years, nobody knows too.

But on 3M 9501 bird beak type, 8511, 8210 and 9210, all no issue. As long as you clear the PU foam bits (if any) from the inner sides, ok liao.
You can keep those nylon type headstraps as spare parts, those do not break, not like the rubber type ones which break after like 4-5 years.

They quote like 1% drop every year for the meltblown but that is very general fig, it might be less than that. Ultimately really need to test after a few years, nobody knows now.

The big stash that i am keeping is for future haze more than future "COVID grade" pandemics, so i guess you might have to google for the haze/super el nino thread. A haze episode happening will happen before any "COVID grade" pandemic, of coz that haze episode also would be of unknown severity.
A super el nino is already due, just a matter of how severe only.
Regardless, it's not a super big deal even if it's 2015........you probably just need a dozen pieces per pax. Maybe 2 dozens for those super sensitive ones. At home use HEPA filtration liao. :D

With that said, a 5-10 years old Korean KF94 would suffice also, need to seal properly......that is key.
If severe like say if we suay suay hit 1-hr peaks well into the 1000+ ug/m3 range (eg PSI 1000 but 1hr spikes), use surgical tape.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-and-haze-discussions-part-4.6117454/page-118

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have WussRedXi test F932 before? Can't find his results in this thread. Keen on it due to smaller size.

Not tested yet. If keen on this, can try the Anhui Ruierxins if want a wee bit smaller sized masks, as per experience from myself or on my family members with different faces. eg from EZLifeSG, still the cheapest option and a fair bit cheaper than F727 or this F932 for eg.

But F932 is very very likely to test ok, since it's a KF94 from Mezzang.

BTW, endemic already plus it's omicron now, so see open a bit even if in the risk group.

All of us also already know this, the filtration of these masks is such that at 1.0 microns, it is extremely close to 100.0%, and at bigger particle sizes lagi better. The bioaerosols only dip to around 0.6 to 0.7 microns. So don't have to worry it's nowhere near 0.2-0.3 microns MPPS (maximum penetrative particle size).
So you the 0.1 microns is just for smoke (haze) use.

The Anhui Ruierxins would work at the same level as the KF94s for our consumer use and needs/exposure.
The key factor for usage in the real world is really fit, and not china vs korea etc.

ps. of coz the china stuff need to air a bit, due to smell. And of coz some pax are sensitive to lint then that is another ball game, coz many korean stuff also got lint and not anywhere 100% lint free.

AuraKUPO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not tested yet. If keen on this, can try the Anhui Ruierxins if want a wee bit smaller sized masks, as per experience from myself or on my family members with different faces. eg from EZLifeSG, still the cheapest option and a fair bit cheaper than F731 or this F932 for eg.

BTW, endemic already plus it's omicron now, so see open a bit even if in the risk group.

All of us also already know this, the filtration of these masks is such that at 1.0 microns, it is extremely close to 100.0%, and at bigger particle sizes lagi better. The bioaerosols only dip to around 0.6 to 0.7 microns. So don't have to worry it's nowhere near 0.2-0.3 microns MPPS (maximum penetrative particle size).

The Anhui Ruierxins would work at the same level as the KF94s for our consumer use and needs/exposure.
The key factor is really fit, and not china vs korea etc.

ps. of coz the china stuff need to air a bit, due to smell. And of coz some pax are sensitive to lint then that is another ball game, coz many korean stuff also got lint and not anywhere 100% lint free.
I saw outside selling this anhui mask that look cheap. Same as the one I'm using in Thailand. Can buy? Or must buy from online seller?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw outside selling this anhui mask that look cheap. Same as the one I'm using in Thailand. Can buy? Or must buy from online seller?

Yes, buy from Indonland, thai, VN, all same. Anhui ruierxin if printed on the label then it's the same thing.

tested some masks from Indonland (shopee) as well, my SIL brought over, actually measured like the KF94s, is zero......even better than Anhui ruierxin. I rem is called Anhui tongcheng or something.
Only issue is that it is damn restrictive in airflow, and it is thick......coz i opened up and the meltblow is SOLID thick.
As if they stuck 2 of the meltblown middle layers of Anhui ruierxin tgt, ie the gsm of the meltblown very high.
And so as we know, these cheaper meltblowns themselves already not so breathable.

Some Korean stuff also not breathable, for eg that BKSRT brand KF94 one that Mezzang was selling (got white and black version). Now not selling already.

Then of coz as we know, some other MIC stuff are thinner/more breathable.....but don't measure as well. Probably related to lower GSM of the chinese domestic meltblowns.

So, best to stick with Anhui Ruierxin. It's decent stuff that i feel that works for our ngeow use. In fact those not so ngeow can get the typical thinner ones (eg the Moleshi ones), super breathable, and still probably is very decent at 1-3 microns.

ps. and of coz some of the korean stuff, low gsm good breathability but also good filtration.

AuraKUPO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, buy from Indonland, thai, VN, all same. Anhui ruierxin if printed on the label then it's the same thing.

tested some masks from Indonland (shopee) as well, my SIL brought over, actually measured like the KF94s, is zero......even better than Anhui ruierxin. I rem is called Anhui tongcheng or something.
Only issue is that it is damn restrictive in airflow, and it is thick......coz i opened up and the meltblow is SOLID thick.
As if they stuck 2 of the meltblown middle layers of Anhui ruierxin tgt, ie the gsm of the meltblown very high.
And so as we know, these cheaper meltblowns themselves already not so breathable.

Some Korean stuff also not breathable, for eg that BKSRT brand KF94 one that Mezzang was selling (got white and black version). Now not selling already.

Then of coz as we know, some other MIC stuff are thinner/more breathable.....but don't measure as well. Probably related to lower GSM of the chinese domestic meltblowns.

So, best to stick with Anhui Ruierxin. It's decent stuff that i feel that works for our ngeow use. In fact those not so ngeow can get the typical thinner ones (eg the Moleshi ones), super breathable, and still probably is very decent at 1-3 microns.

ps. and of coz some of the korean stuff, low gsm good breathability but also good filtration.
Thank you love you

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not tested yet. If keen on this, can try the Anhui Ruierxins if want a wee bit smaller sized masks, as per experience from myself or on my family members with different faces. eg from EZLifeSG, still the cheapest option and a fair bit cheaper than F727 or this F932 for eg.

The key factor for usage in the real world is really fit, and not china vs korea etc.

Thank you for sharing. Maybe need to trouble you to help to test F932 if I got it? :p can?
Already got some anhui ruierxins from ezlifesg.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know it's blurry and it's not as scientific as Armburst or Aaron colins measurements coz their equipment are calibrated and more lab grade etc (the HK fella's gadget probably is the same grade/stuff as mine, just that his gadget modded with more bells and whistles and might be multichannel etc), but you get the gist of it lah.

Dont know how accurate are the absolute figures, but 0.3 microns is 89%, 0.5 is 90% and 1.0 microns is 97%.

0.1 microns could either be closer to 0.3 microns or it could be closer to 0.5 microns, really not sure.
But for sure 1.0 to 2.0 microns range is easier to filter than 0.1 microns.

BFE (Bacteria Filtration Efficiency) is measuring at 3.0 microns btw
So this HK Mannings surgical mask actually has a > 99% BFE, but at 0.3 microns (0.1 as well?) is a lower figure at 89%, relatively speaking.

2gWo1ij.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.