kF94 or Surgical mask?

Sodomicha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually do u guys dine-in yet?till now i still tabao foods cos i don't really dare to remove my mask esp indoor.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually do u guys dine-in yet?till now i still tabao foods cos i don't really dare to remove my mask esp indoor.
me too, don't feel safe removing my mask, especially aircon places. I don't even tabao food, scare of infected food handlers :o
we have been cooking our meals for the longest stretch without outside food, recently wife start to bake own bread too :ROFLMAO:

Sodomicha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too, don't feel safe removing my mask, especially aircon places. I don't even tabao food, scare of infected food handlers :o
we have been cooking our meals for the longest stretch without outside food, recently wife start to bake own bread too :ROFLMAO:
I'd tried to cook daily but quite tired and bored so weekends i will tabao.When i touch money and take my takeaway i will spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on my hands and arms.

When i get home i will immediately throw away the plastic bag and wash my hands.After that i microwave heat up the foods.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd tried to cook daily but quite tired and bored so weekends i will tabao.When i touch money and take my takeaway i will spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on my hands and arms.

When i get home i will immediately throw away the plastic bag and wash my hands.After that i microwave heat up the foods.
good practice!
my house meals also quite repetitive one but I feel safe and healthier using own oil and salt etc :o But I also miss eating out at all my fave places, food we can't do at home. Sigh.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh...thanks again.

No problem.......anyway if anyone else wants to check his/her masks, can just PM me, it's that letter icon up there. Or just click my nick and start conversation

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not dining in, dabao zhi char or cook hotpot. Is nice. We go to our parent's house on weekends to makan, and sometimes also on 1 weekday. Also good that my parents just half a km away, we walk over.
My wife parents not here in SG, overseas. So no problem there.....

No worries on the food handlers, risk via food is infinitely miniscule.

But note, that is the food, not the plastic containers or the plastic bags. You might wanna hand sanitizer after handling them containers/bags, small risk for that.

ps. And srsly can't dine in anyway liao......Monday is 5 pax all the way.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I touch anything outside will sanitize my hands immediately, so if I dabao will sanitize my hands once I leave the stall then reach home wash hands after putting down bags then wash again after handling all the food. Only dabao max once weekly anyway.

I've switched to cashless payment otherwise give exact amount as much as possible.

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
hi guys. any idea where to find Good Manner masks in colours other than white? thanks

valuesniper

Reaction score
Only thing is that the Surgyisl surgical mask is surprising. They are supposed to be ASTM 3. Made and certified in Singapore.

The Guardian surgical mask is also Made in Singapore. I would have thought that Made in SG should have better standards too... haizz

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recomended mask ?

F731 is good.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Guardian surgical mask is also Made in Singapore. I would have thought that Made in SG should have better standards too... haizz

The coys are mostly small/med biz with a few mask making machines. Might be kena baited and switched by their fabric suppliers. Also depends on how much/when they purchased their stuff. (could even be 2020 stock)

I have measured an older yr 2020 Air+ (ST Engineering) that measured zero on my meter.
Better than the Air+ ST Engineering surgical that i just received.
So within the same brand also got differences. But for the Air+, they are very small differences (but measureable even on my meter, even on low ambient challenge levels)

When i hv the time later, go test out the 2 Air+ surgical masks that are of diff time period.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But srsly, testing flat surgical masks a bit "LPPL" for usage in reality, be it inwards or outwards filtration/protection. It's more of a "feel good factor", unless if you are cutting it up for usage in say a gill mask.
Or a mask fitter.
Of coz they still do reduce the viral load when both parties are wearing, just a matter of whether is it sufficient or not, wrt duration + viral load shedding.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just a latest update.......my kid wasn't infected in the class.

Ended up 2 other of his classmates tio.

All anecdotal of coz. But i guess that might serve as to how well flat/cloth masks might work in the real world, with delta and the pax probably at peak viral shedding period, and extended exposure of all parties (2-3 days in classroom)

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Air+ 2021 vs Air+ 2020.
2020 version managed to dig down to zero. Anyway, ambient is relatively low.

This also proves that flat surgical mask (media) is able to do zero, same as KF94.
Those flat masks that aren't able to do this, esp those running into several hundreds (pretty high), really not sure what happened to the meltblown fabric liao.

Last edited:

valuesniper

Reaction score
Anyway, just a latest update.......my kid wasn't infected in the class.

Ended up 2 other of his classmates tio.

All anecdotal of coz. But i guess that might serve as to how well flat/cloth masks might work in the real world, with delta and the pax probably at peak viral shedding period, and extended exposure of all parties (2-3 days in classroom)
This is good news! Stay safe!

valuesniper

Reaction score
F731 is good.

Seems the F731 was 'upgraded' from 3ply to 4ply? Have you by any chance tested the new F731.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.